Shelter for Homeless?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Shelter for Homeless?

Post by the truth »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:30 am
Iamme wrote: Dec 7th, 2022, 8:24 pm

I used to do that on occasion. Not anymore. Then there became an influx everywhere in town causing a lot of problems My taxes go to their welfare and they so many community supports. I’m not giving them a tip. Plus the scams I’ve seen is laughable. :130:
Thanks for inspiring me to go do it again today , infact i have 2 five dollar bills to give away today :up: anything to help ppl without homes :130:
so why the need to come on here and brag about it, you are so humble---not--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:45 am ^^^ Don't eat that folks, that's horse :cuss: !

The stories just get more hilarious as the day goes on. Say it enough and he might even believe himself.

If people are feeling philanthropic, I strongly urge them to support the organizations that provide support to struggling people.

Giving cash to individuals just ends up in the drug dealers' pockets 9 times out of 10.
:smt045
notice the bs that was added to his story today, story changes all the time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

the truth wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:48 am
Thanks for inspiring me to go do it again today , infact i have 2 five dollar bills to give away today :up: anything to help ppl without homes :130:
Seems the virtue signaling we see to much of today is only about some need for an emotional pat on the back. Its gotten comical.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:45 am ^^^ Don't eat that folks, that's horse :cuss: !

The stories just get more hilarious as the day goes on. Say it enough and he might even believe himself.

If people are feeling philanthropic, I strongly urge them to support the organizations that provide support to struggling people.

Giving cash to individuals just ends up in the drug dealers' pockets 9 times out of 10.
Thanks for inspring me to go to my bank and with drawing money to hand out :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Who is bragging ? I made a statement . :130: thanks for inspiring me to go do more :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

liisgo wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:02 am
Seems the virtue signaling we see to much of today is only about some need for an emotional pat on the back. Its gotten comical.

Thanks for inspring me to go to a ppl without homes campsite to hand out warm socks and money :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:17 am
liisgo wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:02 am

Thanks for inspring me to go to a ppl without homes campsite to hand out warm socks and money :130:
Have you homed any homeless, drug addicts yourself? If you say yes, I don’t believe you lol
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 10th, 2022, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you know when you have to broadcast a good deed it's basically blowing your own horn. Like the ppl who videotape their " kind acts"
Giving is its own reward, once you want polite clapping it is no longer a good deed but merely attention seeking
Be more like Keanu Reeves who gives millions and yet doesn't talk/boast about it
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

normaM wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 7:46 am you know when you have to broadcast a good deed it's basically blowing your own horn. Like the ppl who videotape their " kind acts"
Giving is its own reward, once you want polite clapping it is no longer a good deed but merely attention seeking
Be more like Keanu Reeves who gives millions and yet doesn't talk/boast about it
Thanks for inspirning me to give more :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 1:28 pm I gave a person without a home five dollars today and he said thank you and then wished me a merry christmas . I just smiled and nodded . Hopped on the bus and went home .
Oh what an amazing person you seem to be for
giving somebody $5 so they can continue their drug habit . Great humanitarian work . LOL. May I suggest instead of giving them cash why don't you go to a grocery store and buy them a prepaid card for groceries in that store instead. They would have no choice to buy something in the grocery store which would do more to help them in the long run and actually feed them and not feed their drug habit.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

common_sense_guy wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 8:43 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 1:28 pm I gave a person without a home five dollars today and he said thank you and then wished me a merry christmas . I just smiled and nodded . Hopped on the bus and went home .
Oh what an amazing person you seem to be for
giving somebody $5 so they can continue their drug habit . Great humanitarian work . LOL. May I suggest instead of giving them cash why don't you go to a grocery store and buy them a prepaid card for groceries in that store instead. They would have no choice to buy something in the grocery store which would do more to help them in the long run and actually feed them and not feed their drug habit.
x2 :smt045
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

One of the last times I tried to give to a homeless person I was screamed and yelled at. They were asking for money for food. I didn't have cash but was going into a nearby fast food joint so I offer to buy them a meal. They begged for cash so that they could buy it themselves. When I finally said no. They screamed "give me the cash it's for *blank*" then they threatened me. I just walked away. Never again.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Ahh ya. The fix will get them through the day better than the sammich.

:135: Why's it called a 'fix' when it does the opposite?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dirtybiker wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 9:26 am Ahh ya. The fix will get them through the day better than the sammich.

:135: Why's it called a 'fix' when it does the opposite?
I think it fixes the need for a further high. Also you don't need the sammich if you're screwed high!

Return to “Central Okanagan”