SD23 Massive 50% increase in bussing fees!!

Over-Easy

SD23 Massive 50% increase in bussing fees!!

Post by Over-Easy »

Couple next door, who are living on one income because of covid, just told me they got a bill for school bussing and it was a 50 percent increase over the year before. From 200 hundred to 300 hundred dollars. I thought this NDP Government was keeping costs down for families. Like wow, when do you see a 50 percent increase in anything in just a year.

Really hope it is not true because if it is true it just so morally wrong to do this during a pandemic when so many are not working and families are counting pennies.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: SD23 Massive 50% increase in bussing fees!!

Post by oneh2obabe »

It's true. Not only that, they've changed the rules for distance from the school and discontinued service for secondary school students where SD23 deems public transit is adequate.

http://www.sd23.bc.ca/ProgramsServices/ ... lt.aspx#/=
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If you want to complain I would direct it directly to the School Board. It was their decision, not the governments.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

things will only continue to get more expensive .we will also be getting less services in the future . we cant continue to spend money we dont have . eventually we will be forced to take austerity measures
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

stuphoto wrote:If you want to complain I would direct it directly to the School Board. It was their decision, not the governments.

Yeup .. But let's hope some do biotch at the Gov't .. School boards seem to be under funded ( chortle) these days ....

It does suck that people who really need it and have a limited income for whatever reason get hit hard though ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:
stuphoto wrote:If you want to complain I would direct it directly to the School Board. It was their decision, not the governments.

Yeup .. But let's hope some do biotch at the Gov't .. School boards seem to be under funded ( chortle) these days ....

It does suck that people who really need it and have a limited income for whatever reason get hit hard though ..

I guess that 8 million they are getting from the feds supports the "underfunded" notion. :biggrin:

Provide less and charge more would appear to be the new norm. :-X
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Central Okanagan”