Another cop suit

Another cop suit

Postby Tfishwood » Sep 26th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Wondering if Blondin thinks his speeding was ‘ok ?’.....Castanet sure on the police brutality beat ...of which we sure seem to have a lot of ?
Last edited by Tfishwood on Sep 26th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kefer likes this post.
Tfishwood

Liked in: 19 posts

Re: Another cop suit

Postby Even Steven » Sep 26th, 2020, 3:07 pm

Even Steven
Guru

Liked in: 4354 posts

Postby techrtr » Sep 26th, 2020, 3:10 pm

So, kid gets pulled over for excessive speeding, then shines a flashlight in the cop's eyes. He's lucky all he got is a broken hand. Can't wait to hear the RCMP's version of events. Sounds to me like the "victim" is just another little punk fishing for a settlement or Youtube fame.

8 people like this post.
techrtr
Übergod

Liked in: 1455 posts

Postby Even Steven » Sep 26th, 2020, 3:29 pm

The kid sounds super dramatic.

Pleading for help, being shined into the face, going home and crying, calling 911 and crying.... ugh... so much drama over a speeding ticket.

Kid, you don't have to live up to the stereotype.

kefer likes this post.
Even Steven
Guru

Postby bigtimeoperations » Sep 26th, 2020, 3:46 pm

I'm sure there's more to the story! Maybe he shouldn't go 50 over the limit. Just like the Bennett Bridge, I'm pretty sure everyone speeds along that stretch of highway, but if you're going 120 through there you deserve to be pulled over.
Kelowna is the capital of Alberta

kefer likes this post.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Liked in: 329 posts

Postby techrtr » Sep 26th, 2020, 4:04 pm

Even Steven wrote:The kid sounds super dramatic.

Pleading for help, being shined into the face, going home and crying, calling 911 and crying.... ugh... so much drama over a speeding ticket.

Kid, you don't have to live up to the stereotype.

Yeah, then he wastes a 911 operator's time to boot. What a tool!

2 people like this post.
techrtr
Übergod

Postby the truth » Sep 26th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Even Steven wrote:Links are always helpful

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... affic-stop

just another punk looking for 5 min of fame, guess he thinks speeding and maybe killing someone is ok to,he needs a :cuss: slap
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

kefer likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Postby Ken7 » Sep 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm

When will these little people realize the street is not the place to make your case. When I read this story I laughed out loud.

How many times did a traffic violation turn into something greater than!! I hope his case is tossed to the curb. Another case of a ambulance chasing lawyer, who should be ashamed!

This link is to a song, which this entitled little :cuss: needs to hear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0baCPrUdg

2 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 4353 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Sep 26th, 2020, 5:07 pm

I did not see any complaining about being ticketed... :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

2 people like this post.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3329 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Sep 26th, 2020, 7:32 pm

I don't care if he was doing 200 KPH over the speed limit...........the police officer has one job here.........pull vehicle over, check DL and insurance on computer then explain the ticket to the driver and why the vehicle is being impounded. Driver filming this with his phone is not against the law and if the light (flash) was on it still does not warrant physical or verbal abuse by the officer.

Yes, there is probably more to this story but at this time I will not agree with how this driver was treated.

POLICE do not like to be filmed doing their job.......some officers react as if filming is a direct threat to them and can react with being over zealous and sometimes leading to altercations that could have and should have been avoided.........we can all have bad days, sometimes getting "set off" occurs easier than other days.

3 people like this post.
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2211 posts

Postby Even Steven » Sep 26th, 2020, 8:12 pm

I still wouldn't bite the officer.

But hey, it's just me.

3 people like this post.
Even Steven
Guru

Postby 2braw » Sep 26th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Dear entitled speeding *bleep*. Have some dignity and educate yourself before you open your mouth next time. You are a disgrace
to society. 120 in a 70 zone? Biting? Flashing light in the cop’s eyes? You think normal people do this? Get a life. Earn your money with honest work and quit running to a lawyer suing the cop who has by the way by looking at his age been doing police work before you existed. Shame on you.

4 people like this post.
2braw

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby normaM » Sep 27th, 2020, 6:35 am

So the Bartender and Model ( always fun to look up names) waited - actually went to work with said broken hand. Didn't seek medical attention right away , no went home to bed.
Who knows, maybe he hurt his hand elsewhere.
He is lucky he didn't cause a car crash/ hurt anyone else but himself
I don’t care what they’re going to say. Let the storm rage on.

kefer likes this post.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 16941 posts

Postby GordonH » Sep 27th, 2020, 6:51 am

Curious why didn’t this driver start recording earlier, because now it’s his word over the officers word about events that took place.
Now if a passer by has actual dash cam footage of the altercation, they should hand it over (at least a copy).
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Liked in: 12554 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby techrtr » Sep 27th, 2020, 7:10 am

lesliepaul wrote:I don't care if he was doing 200 KPH over the speed limit...........the police officer has one job here.........pull vehicle over, check DL and insurance on computer then explain the ticket to the driver and why the vehicle is being impounded. Driver filming this with his phone is not against the law and if the light (flash) was on it still does not warrant physical or verbal abuse by the officer.

Yes, there is probably more to this story but at this time I will not agree with how this driver was treated.

POLICE do not like to be filmed doing their job.......some officers react as if filming is a direct threat to them and can react with being over zealous and sometimes leading to altercations that could have and should have been avoided.........we can all have bad days, sometimes getting "set off" occurs easier than other days.

Okay, so you think shining a bright light in a police officer's eyes, thereby blinding them and exposing them to great risk is an okay thing for a driver to do?

3 people like this post.
techrtr
Übergod

Next

Return to Central Okanagan