Another cop suit

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Another cop suit

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Are you saying he picked a fight with the police dog ?
He said he was returning the bike , after getting it back from the thief,
Sounds like there may not have been much chance of an explanation...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Only an absolute moron would pick a fight with a trained GSD....and to unleash one on someone for no reason is just gonna be bad news blues.
Sure do love Rutland!!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Idiot is a swear word now? yydiot
Sure do love Rutland!!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Are you saying he picked a fight with the police dog ?

He was in possession of stolen property.
He was a "good samaritan"?
What is his previous criminal history?

He had all the chance to explain after he stopped and surrendered to the police officer.
His actions were the determining factor.
The police dog was following the scent of a thief, at the end of the trail, he found the thief.
Dogs don't lie, they don't know how, they don't know the difference, a thief however does.
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

phasyluck wrote:Idiot is a swear word now? yydiot

Is "incarcerated" a swear word?
firsttimecaller
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by firsttimecaller »

What did this loser expect would happen when he tried to run the cop and dog over going full speed on the stolen ebike? This is a FACT that will come out once the investigation is complete.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

alanjh595 wrote:

He had all the chance to explain after he stopped and surrendered to the police officer.
The police dog was following the scent of a thief, at the end of the trail, he found the thief.
Dogs don't lie, they don't know how, they don't know the difference, a thief however does.

Dogs don't lie but they don't operate on exact science. The scent of a criminal doesn't leave an object just because somebody else picked it up.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:

Dogs don't lie but they don't operate on exact science. The scent of a criminal doesn't leave an object just because somebody else picked it up.

It might not leave the object but what lead the dog to that object? (The scent of a criminal).

You do know that the scent given off by a human is intensified by sweat and fear? Ask any bear, they have the same olfactory receptors.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Are you saying he picked a fight with the police dog ?

I think this whole story stinks of something not good.

Read between the lines.

I find your bike. I'm taking it back to you as you requested and a Police Officer stops, likely shouts at you to come here with that bike.

IF I'm lagitamately in possession of your friends bike am I going to screw off???

Not likely, this story is BS and if you believe it, wow!

I hope in the end they charged the thief in possession of the bike with possession of stolen property, or if they saw him hawk the bike theft!
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

And Re: Another cop suit

Post by t76turbo »

There comes a time and a line that should not be crossed by RCMP. No matter the crime, police have a responsibility to apprehend the suspect of a suspected crime. They are NOT in the business of punishment, we have courts and judges for that. Sounds like a police failure once again. Guess we have to wait for them IOC investigation to conclude. Makes me wonder why the dog was used, why not just shoot the suspect or run him down with a police cruiser, sounds excessive doesn’t it.

Are these dogs not trained to grab and hold a suspect? Not maul and permit the dog to cause grave bodily injuries? And apparently in this case not even do this to a thief but a dude that tried to recover stolen property.... police got some explaining to do.

To ken7
I agree with you somewhat. I wasn’t there and I just can’t trust police in what they or the media claim to be true either. Was the bike rider running? Was he trying to run down a cop on a bike? Did he even recognize the police officers as such? I see a lot of cops using unmarked vehicles (all dog handlers police vehicles around here are unmarked) why is that? Plus not in the usual uniform, mostly green and very hard to identify? I bet we had some overzealous cops here that failed to properly identify their target.

I’m tired of all this bike theft crap. Just saw another skid riding a multi thousand $ bike with a second bike in tow. Found it very sketchy and doubtfully either bike legally belonged to the guy...but I couldn’t bring myself to execute a citizen arrest and run the dude over with my truck.
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

phasyluck wrote:Idiot is a swear word now? yydiot

yup might give someone ptsd [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:It might not leave the object but what lead the dog to that object? (The scent of a criminal).

The dog is trained to follow a scent. It does not know the difference as to whether the scent it's searching for is a criminal or not.
Having said that there is information missing from this story that could make a big difference.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: And Re: Another cop suit

Post by Ken7 »

t76turbo wrote:There comes a time and a line that should not be crossed by RCMP. No matter the crime, police have a responsibility to apprehend the suspect of a suspected crime. They are NOT in the business of punishment, we have courts and judges for that. Sounds like a police failure once again. Guess we have to wait for them IOC investigation to conclude. Makes me wonder why the dog was used, why not just shoot the suspect or run him down with a police cruiser, sounds excessive doesn’t it.

Are these dogs not trained to grab and hold a suspect? Not maul and permit the dog to cause grave bodily injuries? And apparently in this case not even do this to a thief but a dude that tried to recover stolen property.... police got some explaining to do.

To ken7
I agree with you somewhat. I wasn’t there and I just can’t trust police in what they or the media claim to be true either. Was the bike rider running? Was he trying to run down a cop on a bike? Did he even recognize the police officers as such? I see a lot of cops using unmarked vehicles (all dog handlers police vehicles around here are unmarked) why is that? Plus not in the usual uniform, mostly green and very hard to identify? I bet we had some overzealous cops here that failed to properly identify their target.

I’m tired of all this bike theft *bleep*. Just saw another skid riding a multi thousand $ bike with a second bike in tow. Found it very sketchy and doubtfully either bike legally belonged to the guy...but I couldn’t bring myself to execute a citizen arrest and run the dude over with my truck.

I can assure you the office didn't send his dog out after this goof. Please, and a Police dog is trained to bite and hold. IF a person kicks and or resists, the dog might take another bite. I realize few know how Police dogs are trained.

There is always two sides to every story.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote:the truth hurts......... anyone defending murderers, drug dealers, rapists, pedofile's, terrorists etc etc, so they can walk are streets are scum bags in my books

Actually this thread addresses "Another cop suit", meaning a civil suit, which can be launched for a whole laundry list of reasons, but the results have no bearing on the defendant "walking our streets", this is financial only.

But never the less, addressing your comment,,,, "anyone defending murderers, drug dealers, rapists, pedofile's, terrorists etc etc, so they can walk are streets are scum bags in my books"

So,,, lawyers who have decided to use their legal training to defend those charged with an offense, should only defend innocent, honest, kind, caring, upstanding citizens ?

I think they've done surveys and found that very few people charged with criminal offenses, especially the ones you've mentioned, "murderers", "drug dealers", "rapists", "pedophile's", "terrorists", "etc, etc" generally fall into the category of "innocent, honest, kind caring and upstanding citizens".

Anyone charged with an offense has the right to have a unbiased fair, public trial. So you would remove that right ?

Rejigger wrote:I'm thankful for the public defenders (lawyers) who go after the murderers, etc. And tax lawyers, and real estate lawyers, and lawyers who practice family law. And the judges who started out as lawyers.

? ? ? You do realize a "public defender", or more commonly know as "legal aid" in Canada are lawyers that represent persons charged with a crime who can't afford a lawyer ? Right.

What you are calling "public defenders", who you describe as ".... who go after murders etc." are called "Crown Counsel" or "Prosecutors", in the USA "District Attorneys"

Now back on topic :topic:

This thread has moved from the young man who was pulled over by police and claims an injury to his hand from police. The second, a fellow riding a stolen ebike is injured by a police dog while police were affecting an arrest. Never the less they both involve law suits against the RCMP etal.

In the first news item, the writer, Nicholas Johansen, prefaces the outline of the circumstances by saying "...after the officer allegedly broke a man's hand...", ".....Blondin says he was pulled over.....", "....Blondin says the officer called for back-up...."

The circumstances are of course based on a civil court statement of facts and perhaps an interview of Blondin. The RCMP's side is not included, and that is the norm. The RCMP do not comment on evidence in law suits while a case is before the courts and at best we would only receive the benefit of the RCMP's "statement of defense" filled with the court.

The second story involving a police dog bit injury, is again base on the plaintiff's information. As has been noted by others there is a distinct aroma to this story.

Needed resuscitation at KGH. Wouldn't that happen before the ambulance left the scene ?

"incident already being investigated by BC's police watch dog",,, like that's news. If an off duty cop is in a traffic collision and the other driver is hurt after they blew a red light the IIO investigates.

The RCMP’s original statement said they were flagged down by a man who claimed his e-bike had been stolen and later encountered the suspect on the rail trail.

The plaintiff, Verde says he had found the bike which had been stolen by "Bike Mike" and left outside a gas station. He took the bike on the instructions of the legal owner.

Unfair to base these sensational cop "wrong doing" stories on the contents of a "statement of claim" or the plaintiff's say so.
Last edited by my5cents on Oct 19th, 2020, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: And Re: Another cop suit

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

t76turbo wrote:There comes a time and a line that should not be crossed by RCMP. No matter the crime, police have a responsibility to apprehend the suspect of a suspected crime. They are NOT in the business of punishment, we have courts and judges for that. Sounds like a police failure once again. Guess we have to wait for them IOC investigation to conclude. Makes me wonder why the dog was used, why not just shoot the suspect or run him down with a police cruiser, sounds excessive doesn’t it.

To ken7

I’m tired of all this bike theft *bleep*. Just saw another skid riding a multi thousand $ bike with a second bike in tow. Found it very sketchy and doubtfully either bike legally belonged to the guy...but I couldn’t bring myself to execute a citizen arrest and run the dude over with my truck.

You're making plenty of assumptions here, supporting a whining criminal with a record that goes back well over a dozen years.
He's had numerous run-ins with the police and been before judges numerous times.
Of course what the media is giving us is his over-embellished version.

As for police dogs, yes they are highly trained and knows exactly what to do.
If a perp resists or try to fight back, the dog will fight back, viciously if necessary. It's job is to protect its handler.
If a perp remains complacent, the dog will latch on, usually to your arm, and hold it, but seldom hard enough to even break the skin.

But if you want to support a career criminal's word over a police officer, that is your privilege.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Central Okanagan”