Olympia Greek Taverna - Fire

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Whyme2
Übergod

Re: Olympia Greek Taverna - Fire

Post by Whyme2 »

Trixster wrote:
Symbonite wrote:From the video with the owner...he didn't seem too concerned about what happened.

Seems as though their stories arent adding up, in one interview he claims his staff smelt smoke at 10pm. In another interview he claims that at 11pm his staff thought someone was trying to start a fire out back of the restaurant and that staff from save on came running over. Dunno how staff at save on would notice unless they were collecting shopping carts from their lot. Also one of the owners friends posted on facebook that it was deemed an electrical fire ( this person posted this before the fire investigator arrived on scene ) something isnt adding up and the fire swept through that building at lightning speed.

Good grief, who are you Columbo?... Let the professional's do the investigating!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Trixster wrote:Seems as though their stories arent adding up, in one interview he claims his staff smelt smoke at 10pm. In another interview he claims that at 11pm his staff thought someone was trying to start a fire out back of the restaurant and that staff from save on came running over. Dunno how staff at save on would notice unless they were collecting shopping carts from their lot. Also one of the owners friends posted on facebook that it was deemed an electrical fire ( this person posted this before the fire investigator arrived on scene ) something isnt adding up and the fire swept through that building at lightning speed.

Whyme2 wrote:Good grief, who are you Columbo?... Let the professional's do the investigating!

I agree. There was also mention of a fire on the roof top. That, could be explained as fire burning through electrical wires and causing a short, that would have caused "arching".
Let the professionals do their job, they are very good at it. The cause will come out very soon. Quit jumping to conclusions and posting them on a "community based, forum site".
Bring back the LIKE button.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Sadly with Olympia gone for awhile, who has the next best Lasagna in town? Really craving some good pasta :D
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Whyme2 wrote:Sadly with Olympia gone for awhile, who has the next best Lasagna in town? Really craving some good pasta :D

Mama Rosa's?
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Even Steven wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:Sadly with Olympia gone for awhile, who has the next best Lasagna in town? Really craving some good pasta :D

Mama Rosa's?

Will have to try, thank you!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Whyme2 wrote:
Good grief, who are you Columbo?... Let the professional's do the investigating!

I don't think there are any other Fire Investigators on this forum other then maybe me.... LOL. Valid point, leave it to those trained!!

I for one from what I've read would not come to the conclusion this fire is suspicious.
GreyGoose
Fledgling

Post by GreyGoose »

Yamas now delivers to Rutland to help the people craving Greek food plus they have lasagna.

www.yamastaverna.ca
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Tough to beat Olympia's 2 for 1 night. 2 Lasagna's for $20 and that was enough for us for 4 dinners.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Bsuds wrote:Tough to beat Olympia's 2 for 1 night. 2 Lasagna's for $20 and that was enough for us for 4 dinners.

Family night, pizza, two pastas, 2 liter pop, 30 bucks. :up:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Is in Winfield but the food and portions have always been excellent.

https://www.lisolabella.ca/
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

GreyGoose wrote:Yamas now delivers to Rutland to help the people craving Greek food plus they have lasagna.

http://www.yamastaverna.ca

Lol
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Urban Cowboy wrote:
Is in Winfield but the food and portions have always been excellent.

https://www.lisolabella.ca/

I don't see Lasagna on the take out menu.
jcow84

Post by jcow84 »

Bsuds wrote:
I don't see Lasagna on the take out menu.

It's under "pasta dinners": Pasta al Forno 15.95
Italian style lasagna made with our signature tomato sauce, ground beef, peas and real mozzarella cheese – baked to perfection
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Peas? :200:

I don't want no damn peas in my Lasagna! :-X
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Good to see all the community support ( never been there)
re Lasagna= Urban Fare makes inhouse, you can grab it in the to go section.. just raised to 8.99 but the spinach and feta is a fav. Big chunk :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”