Liquor store robbed on Gordon

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liquor store robbed on Gordon

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... 000#316377

well here we go again -we are being told kelowna is safe :cuss: , its like the store owner says in the video, they think they can come in the store and take whatever they want
safe bet he is hiding out in one of are tax payers shelters :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Re: Liquor store robbed on Gordon

Post by Staredintoabyss »

I watched the video.
Unfortunately this is a self inflicted wound.
A cash count of that sort should never be done during open hours on a high visibility customer access space.
They need an office or an off area for cash counts or they need to be done before opening.
This is really fundamental cash management practices.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Staredintoabyss wrote:I watched the video.
Unfortunately this is a self inflicted wound.
A cash count of that sort should never be done during open hours on a high visibility customer access space.
They need an office or an off area for cash counts or they need to be done before opening.
This is really fundamental cash management practices.

I would have to agree. Pretty dumb to be counting cash out in the open.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

, does not make it ok regardless, once again, the victim is to blame in this town, no wonder these criminal junkies are all moving to kelowna, with zero fear of the law.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Agreed it doesn't make it okay at all and crime will only get worse with no consequences.... but counting cash in the open like that demonstrates really poor judgement.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

the truth wrote:, does not make it ok regardless, once again, the victim is to blame in this town, no wonder these criminal junkies are all moving to kelowna, with zero fear of the law.

If you walk around naked and someone slaps your weewee that is in part your fault for waltzing around naked and unguarded.

It is not victim blaming to point out that someone being careless contributed to their situation.
You do not have the right to behave carelessly without consequences, the universe is what decides that not laws or society, you can't negotiate with reality you just have to live in it.
You have a responsibility to take due care to protect yourself.

Would it be lovely to live in a world where you can leave your door wide open and never worry about theft? Sure but that isn't the universe we live in.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I hope the Owner has made it clear to staff not counting cash out in front. Course he shouldn't have taken it, but I mean don't lay it on the counter and expect someone won't have sticky fingers
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She wants "consequences"? Well so do we all. This whole area is crime ridden.

And not to re-victimize the victims, but counting cash out in the open like that? :135: I believe they'll have to come up with a different system.

And does Riki know that the homeless camp is just down the corridor from her? And shocking the police could not drive up a few blocks right away. Like literally the new RCMP building is a five moment drive away.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 14th, 2020, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read the rules.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Like I said, a five moment drive down Clement.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

My first reaction to the video was also not all that sympathetic. I got my first job in a convenience store when I was 17. That was over 30 years ago. You don't count cash in public! I am in no way supporting the thief, but the store has to accept responsibility for it.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking about how the owner has two other stores and do they also count cash out like that, right out in the open in both other stores?

Is this a site problem or a systemic problem in the entire business?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As for the thief, the actual one who did the real crime, can't be too hard to find that guy can it? :135:

Great optics of him and all. And given that a guy out on bail attempted murder and is out on a lousy $1,000 dollar bail, this guy wil have zero consequences as no weapon was produced, no force and no coerision. Crime of opportunity. In fact, I was conjecturing that if the two ladies had gotten creative with stopping him from the cash grab, would they have been in more trouble with the law? Say if they injured him.

Does anyone know?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sure looks like every store in kelowna needs to hire there own steroid monkey security guard
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

They don't even bother to hide their faces in front of surveillance cameras anymore. That's telling ...

Return to “Central Okanagan”