Illegal Dumping

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Illegal Dumping

Post by tsayta »

Does your neighbor have this type and color siding?

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Nov 15th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Nov 15th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

An option would be for a small group of community-minded folk to gather together and clean it up. Some could do the work and some could contribute toward fuel and dumping costs.
Someone will figure out who the trash belongs to. They can be presented with the bill, if they aren't known prior to the clean up. As already stated, it may be the one doing the renos or it may be someone they hired to haul away the trash.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

oldtrucker wrote:Betcha I could hack together a really ugly chicken house or something like that with that 'rubble'.

Hoping you aren't my neighbour! lol
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

oldtrucker wrote:^^^ Part of the reason things are being over consumed and the environment pushed....' It doesn't look good'. Never throw stuff like that out if you have room to store it for future projects. That's one less tree that has to come down to replace it.
If it's just scrap and totally unusable....put it in the wood stove.

Actually I recant. You would make a great neighbour! You are resourceful and don't have a stick up your butt. Our neighbourhood is not pristine. It has a few "resourceful" types.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I been thinking..
On these facebook or other pages..
Would it be out of line to say , in this pile we found correspondence addressed to Mr John ××××××××. :200: ....Care to explain how that may have found its way to this site. ..
And then they might say who got hired to dispose if the pile... or drop enough hints to figure it out.. or contact someone offline with the info.. :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

This is interesting.

The other day I had a float item that is large and in my way. I placed it on my front yard with a FREE sign by it.
IF you can imagine some usless ____________ thought well I'll drop off a dresser here too.

Sadly the dresser is heavy and would have taken two people. I'm not sure what people are think today, I have some choice words for them, but can't display it here.

Called the City two days ago, and it is still sitting there. I'm not moving it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I been thinking..
On these facebook or other pages..
Would it be out of line to say , in this pile we found correspondence addressed to Mr John ××××××××. :200: ....Care to explain how that may have found its way to this site. ..
And then they might say who got hired to dispose if the pile... or drop enough hints to figure it out.. or contact someone offline with the info.. :smt045

I think you would be fine as long as you don't mention names. BUT say we have the name and address in one of the garbage bags. End it may be in the best of interest to report the persons who dumped it, to clear your name. Information has been passed onto the RCMP. AS it is your jumk and your neighbours know it, your co-operation would be appreciated.

Names might put you in a civil libel case where you need a lawyer for doing the right thing.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Ken7 wrote:This is interesting.

The other day I had a float item that is large and in my way. I placed it on my front yard with a FREE sign by it.
IF you can imagine some usless ____________ thought well I'll drop off a dresser here too.

Sadly the dresser is heavy and would have taken two people. I'm not sure what people are think today, I have some choice words for them, but can't display it here.

Where do you live, I've got this old hot water tank ?
Black Dogs Matter
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dogspoiler wrote:
Ken7 wrote:This is interesting.

Where do you live, I've got this old hot water tank ?

I'd love to find the person, because I would go knocking on their door!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

That what happens when you start a free pile, others just want to contribute. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Piecemaker wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:^^^ Part of the reason things are being over consumed and the environment pushed....' It doesn't look good'. Never throw stuff like that out if you have room to store it for future projects. That's one less tree that has to come down to replace it.
If it's just scrap and totally unusable....put it in the wood stove.

Actually I recant. You would make a great neighbour! You are resourceful and don't have a stick up your butt. Our neighbourhood is not pristine. It has a few "resourceful" types.

Good neighbors dont burn garbage in their woodstoves
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

I see a pattern here ... Whenever the City Tsars talk about social problems (eg. housing, wages, etc), it's always about "affordability" when people resort to cutting corners. They are so vocal about it. But, when it comes to plebs avoiding paying their exorbitant fees (in this case landfill), then it's "bad people".
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC Landlord wrote:I see a pattern here ... Whenever the City Tsars talk about social problems (eg. housing, wages, etc), it's always about "affordability" when people resort to cutting corners. They are so vocal about it. But, when it comes to plebs avoiding paying their exorbitant fees (in this case landfill), then it's "bad people".

I just call them cheap :cuss: , if caught illegally dumping will be publicly outed (faces on local news) and given 100s of community service hours.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”