Got questions for Basran?

Got questions for Basran?

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2020, 11:50 am

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... eat#316709

Go ahead. For FREE you can ask Basran questions right here and now.
Stay tuned for another episode of "Terrified of Trump's Base."
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 64146
Likes: 19227 posts
Liked in: 20997 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: Beside the Right Wingers, to light the way.

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby voice of reason » Nov 18th, 2020, 11:55 am

paging "the truth" i know you have a few questions for mayor mc cheese

6 people like this post.
voice of reason
Übergod
 
Posts: 1937
Likes: 6818 posts
Liked in: 2509 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 pm

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby 1nick » Nov 18th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Mr. Basran, what would you say to those that come on forums and *bleep* and complain about the way you’re trying deal with the problems this city is facing when they have no idea how complex it is to run a city?
Last edited by 1nick on Nov 18th, 2020, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go lick a handrail you psycho freak.

4 people like this post.
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4280
Likes: 369 posts
Liked in: 1282 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Me: Basran, why are there not high end security cameras surrounding City Hall?
Stay tuned for another episode of "Terrified of Trump's Base."

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 64146
Likes: 19227 posts
Liked in: 20997 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: Beside the Right Wingers, to light the way.

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby Rejigger » Nov 18th, 2020, 12:26 pm

1.) Why approve more housing development when the infrastructure isn't in place to support it?

From CoK's Transportation Master Plan webpage:
"The congestion paradox
Through the Transportation Master Plan consultation some residents asked about the potential to make significant investments in new roadways to reduce congestion. While roadway investments will be part of any future balanced transportation plan for Kelowna, expanding roadways in an attempt to eliminate congestion has significant challenges and will likely not achieve its goals."


2.) How would you address those who say more needs to be done to deal with the staggering and increasing crime rate here?

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Rejigger
Board Meister
 
Posts: 507
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 362 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2020, 8:25 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby Urban Cowboy » Nov 18th, 2020, 12:35 pm

Rejigger wrote:1.) Why approve more housing development when the infrastructure isn't in place to support it?

From CoK's Transportation Master Plan webpage:
"The congestion paradox
Through the Transportation Master Plan consultation some residents asked about the potential to make significant investments in new roadways to reduce congestion. While roadway investments will be part of any future balanced transportation plan for Kelowna, expanding roadways in an attempt to eliminate congestion has significant challenges and will likely not achieve its goals."


2.) How would you address those who say more needs to be done to deal with the staggering and increasing crime rate here?


Instead of "expanding" Lakeshore Road to reduce congestion, the city opted instead to rebuild a significant portion of it to include bike lanes while they kept the roadway one lane in each direction, when it could have been more. So it would seem esthetics, along with catering to the lakefront property owners, and spandex demographic, won out over accepting that Lakeshore is a main artery up to Kettle Valley and such, where they keep issuing building permits, yet have done diddley in addressing the transportation needs of the South Slopes.

In what decade will they start building the Perimeter Road for example?
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
 
Posts: 7007
Likes: 7586 posts
Liked in: 9629 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby common_sense_guy » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Yeah go ahead and pay the $25 to ask him a real question because you will not be chosen to ask. I would not doubt for a second that all questions have to be pre-approved. This City's council is a joke , the province's politicians are a joke and federal politicians are a joke. Let's get something straight, none of them give a rat's *bleep* about any of us and that is proven in the spending and what they spend on.. prime example let's give druggies free drugs to keep them alive and Free Housing that they can do drugs in but let's make our seniors pay for their shingles medication. Something has to be done because it's out of hand
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

11 people like this post.
common_sense_guy
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 950
Likes: 1491 posts
Liked in: 987 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby the truth » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:04 pm

voice of reason wrote:paging "the truth" i know you have a few questions for mayor mc cheese


i will wait and ask him my questions ,when he is no longer mayor,- i look forward to sitting down and having a chat and a coffee with him then, is his wife ok with him doing this [icon_lol2.gif] he must of gotten her ok first [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

stuphoto likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23594
Likes: 18150 posts
Liked in: 10767 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby strongarm242 » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm

common_sense_guy wrote:Yeah go ahead and pay the $25 to ask him a real question because you will not be chosen to ask. I would not doubt for a second that all questions have to be pre-approved. This City's council is a joke , the province's politicians are a joke and federal politicians are a joke. Let's get something straight, none of them give a rat's *bleep* about any of us and that is proven in the spending and what they spend on.. prime example let's give druggies free drugs to keep them alive and Free Housing that they can do drugs in but let's make our seniors pay for their shingles medication. Something has to be done because it's out of hand



Nailed it!

3 people like this post.
strongarm242
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Joined: Apr 8th, 2016, 8:48 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby Rejigger » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:38 pm

1nick wrote:Mr. Basran, what would you say to those that come on forums and *bleep* and complain about the way you’re trying deal with the problems this city is facing when they have no idea how complex it is to run a city?


Kelowna is hardly the big leagues. There are loads of other cities to look to for examples of how they've succeeded.
For example, last year, for the 10th year in a row, Calgary ranked in the top five (YVR was 6th) of The Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Livability Index. And for the second consecutive year, Calgary was named the most livable city in North America.

To Basran: How would you score Kelowna using these categories of community livability: housing, neighborhood, transportation, environment, health, engagement, and opportunity?

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Rejigger
Board Meister
 
Posts: 507
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 362 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2020, 8:25 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby strongarm242 » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Rejigger wrote:
1nick wrote:Mr. Basran, what would you say to those that come on forums and *bleep* and complain about the way you’re trying deal with the problems this city is facing when they have no idea how complex it is to run a city?


Kelowna is hardly the big leagues. There are loads of other cities to look to for examples of how they've succeeded.
For example, last year, for the 10th year in a row, Calgary ranked in the top five (YVR was 6th) of The Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Livability Index. And for the second consecutive year, Calgary was named the most livable city in North America.

To Basran: How would you score Kelowna using these categories of community livability: housing, neighborhood, transportation, environment, health, engagement, and opportunity?



I'm not sure where The Economist is getting their information, but Calgary is a complete disaster. Huge job loses, 30% downtown vacancy rate, infrastructure deficit, property tax shortfall because of huge vacancy rate, terrible traffic, and even worse weather!

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
strongarm242
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Joined: Apr 8th, 2016, 8:48 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:45 pm

the truth wrote:
voice of reason wrote:paging "the truth" i know you have a few questions for mayor mc cheese


i will wait and ask him my questions ,when he is no longer mayor,- i look forward to sitting down and having a chat and a coffee with him then, is his wife ok with him doing this [icon_lol2.gif] he must of gotten her ok first [icon_lol2.gif]


So now , after all you have said , You would only ask him questions.. when it no longer matters ? :200: :200: :200:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
User avatar
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4918
Likes: 1010 posts
Liked in: 3329 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2006, 11:43 am
Location: Wrong side of the Tracks

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:48 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 18th, 2020, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

one wheel likes this post.
User avatar
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4918
Likes: 1010 posts
Liked in: 3329 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2006, 11:43 am
Location: Wrong side of the Tracks

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby Rejigger » Nov 18th, 2020, 1:58 pm

strongarm242 wrote:... but Calgary is a complete disaster. Huge job loses, 30% downtown vacancy rate, infrastructure deficit, property tax shortfall because of huge vacancy rate, terrible traffic, and even worse weather!


Pick another city, then. The metrics used to determine "livibility" aren't new. Curious how Basran would rank Kelowna using those metrics in my above-post. If he's in over his head, as seems to be the case, he can get input from elsewhere. Or step down.

By the way, a lot of what you posted about Calgary can be said for Kelowna: low vacancy rate/affordable housing, infrastructure deficit, property tax shortfall, terrible traffic, and grey winter weather (at least the sun shines during winter in Calgary).

lesliepaul likes this post.
User avatar
Rejigger
Board Meister
 
Posts: 507
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 362 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2020, 8:25 am

Re: Got questions for Basran?

Postby strongarm242 » Nov 18th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Rejigger wrote:
strongarm242 wrote:... but Calgary is a complete disaster. Huge job loses, 30% downtown vacancy rate, infrastructure deficit, property tax shortfall because of huge vacancy rate, terrible traffic, and even worse weather!


Pick another city, then. The metrics used to determine "livibility" aren't new. Curious how Basran would rank Kelowna using those metrics in my above-post. If he's in over his head, as seems to be the case, he can get input from elsewhere. Or step down.

By the way, a lot of what you posted about Calgary can be said for Kelowna: low vacancy rate/affordable housing, infrastructure deficit, property tax shortfall, terrible traffic, and grey winter weather (at least the sun shines during winter in Calgary).



You're right, a lot of the same can be said about Kelowna, except for the traffic and weather. The traffic here is almost non-existent compared to Calgary, and the winters here don't last 8 months of the year. I would know, I lived there for over 20 years before I couldn't take it anymore.

I don't disagree that Basran is in over his head, and he is likely done come the next election. He seems miserable and that much shorter with everyone. I think he's ready to move on.
strongarm242
 
Posts: 33
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Joined: Apr 8th, 2016, 8:48 am

Next

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests