Puritanical rules back to the dark ages

masen
Fledgling

Puritanical rules back to the dark ages

Post by masen »

West Kelowna's arena change rooms will not allow public nudity inside them. Who is monitoring them? If a person's undergarments are completely wet, a person can't change them? No toilets either? We must have all been taking too much of something. This whole world has gone insane with a phobia like Howard Hughes had.
BC Landlord
Guru

Re: Puritanical rules back to the dark ages

Post by BC Landlord »

masen wrote:West Kelowna's arena change rooms will not allow public nudity inside them. Who is monitoring them? If a person's undergarments are completely wet, a person can't change them? No toilets either? We must have all been taking too much of something. This whole world has gone insane with a phobia like Howard Hughes had.

I'm not really a sports guy, and I've never been to that arena, let alone its change rooms, but why would anyone be interested in other people's nudity in such a setting? Aren't there ways of changing your undergarments without exposing yourself? Like, wrapping a towel or something around your waste?
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

BC Landlord wrote:I'm not really a sports guy, and I've never been to that arena, let alone its change rooms, but why would anyone be interested in other people's nudity in such a setting? Aren't there ways of changing your undergarments without exposing yourself? Like, wrapping a towel or something around your waste?

Hockey showers don't have individual stalls, it's typically 2 walls of showers in a line.

Nudity is expected in change rooms. It's why there is a room and you don't change in the lobby/ hallway.

Don't want to see other people changing? don't look lol.

Current co-ed team takes turns boys/ girls in the shower. Doesn't mean there hasn't been slip-ups
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

My understanding is No Showering after hockey games this year, so that should not be used as an excuse.

Just editing to quot the PDF
Shower facilities are not available

From here. Just a warning, it's a PDF :135:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... sGMEGQPvXT

I have been asked to exclusively drive one hockey team this year, and there are several new rules including us bus drivers aren't even allowed in the arena this year
Last edited by stuphoto on Nov 20th, 2020, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

I was going to ask the OP for a link to this story about the ban, but I'm not sure I really want to know it.
Cheers
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Yeah it's weird over here. The bigger town near where my wife lived in Germany has a big public swimming place, been there for centuries .. spa it was...they have a bathing suit pool and a nude pool.... does not seem to bother people .. pick the pool you like.. :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I almost hate saying this but I was raised to value privacy so I would use the pool with bathing suits most days.
I don't want to see anyone naked.
Unless I was there only with my partner and we had the everything to ourselves.
That is what I loved about living in the Okanagan,
At 2am it's easy finding your own private beach.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Some of the COVID-19-related rules in place, as of Nov. 3, at West Kelowna's two indoor hockey rinks:

- masks are required, including in the dressing room

- public nudity is not allowed inside the changing area; "undergarments are to be worn at all times", the policy says

- dressing room toilets and showers are not accessible

- on ice, skaters must stay two metres apart, unless organizers have an approved COVID-19 plan

- one adult can enter the arena in support of a child who is nine years old or younger

- everyone must leave the rink within 10 minutes of the rental time expiring so the building can be cleaned and disinfected

Covid related rules? We can have glory holes, but we can't change our ginch in a change room? :laugh:

Return to “Central Okanagan”