Kelowna threatening Protests

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby normaM » Feb 16th, 2021, 8:03 am

well, why is the protest by the anti maskers, or the goofs or whatever they are called any different than groups of high school kids hanging around outside the school grounds sans masks and up close
If the Protest was such a crime I would have reckoned fined would have been given - according to a CNet headline this morning none were.

Personally I don't think the anti maskers making any headway - I don't see many people out and about without one on. Maybe they are the same folks who protest nearly anything to feel like part of a group shrug

And I certainly do not see the majority people being polite and Social distancing, moving off the sidewalks etc.
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint

W105 likes this post.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25806
Likes: 22805 posts
Liked in: 17558 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby W105 » Feb 16th, 2021, 8:09 am

Norma is right...just go to the nearest High School and you'll see lots of teenagers without masks on and certainly not social distancing... ( absolutely no different than these protesters) then call them names and wish death upon them , then go home and call yourself a hero for mankind :D

sublime likes this post.
W105
Guru
 
Posts: 6527
Likes: 4863 posts
Liked in: 7615 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Feb 16th, 2021, 11:34 am

I don't see Ted protest doing much either.
It's good in a way , because it shows that you will get out and stand behind your views... as opposed to just talking about it and doing nothing..
What I said though, does not mean that I agree with their thinking... ( just so I am not branded anti vaxx lover )

One thing I have noticed on here, no need to spend Much time in the Virus threads.
Neither side seems to be convincing the other side very much at all.. and it's how many pages now ?
One thing about the internet, if you have a belief.. right , wrong, correct, incorrect, or fantasy based... if you look long enough you will find support for your point if view..
So I guess if calling folks out and describing things with childish names and terms, is your cup of tea.... keep it up.. some find it mildly amusing for a few days..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

normaM likes this post.
User avatar
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4933
Likes: 1012 posts
Liked in: 3353 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2006, 11:43 am
Location: Wrong side of the Tracks

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby Richadio » Feb 16th, 2021, 5:53 pm

gardengirl wrote:
normaM wrote:Gardengirl wrote

"Selfish selfish selfish inconsiderate people are the ones who are making this far worse for everyone."

Hmm, like all the kids in the schools? Care Aides having to work various places to make ends meet?
Selfish, self righteous, both grate on my nerves


What does that have to do with the ant-mask protests?


What is it with you and anti-mask? Just because people attend a public assembly they are considered law breakers. When did standing up for violations of the charter become such a crass activity? Why does it bother so many of you when you aren't even there.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Richadio
Board Meister
 
Posts: 646
Likes: 625 posts
Liked in: 630 posts
Joined: Feb 7th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby typhoon44 » Feb 16th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Richadio wrote:
gardengirl wrote:
What does that have to do with the ant-mask protests?


What is it with you and anti-mask? Just because people attend a public assembly they are considered law breakers. When did standing up for violations of the charter become such a crass activity? Why does it bother so many of you when you aren't even there.

Is Covid-19 super infectious? YES
Do these anti-maskers stand too close together and not wear masks? YES
Will they catch Covid-19? YES, most likely because they are idiots.
Will they spread Covid-19 to others? YES

We care because spread is the problem. Distancing and wearing a mask are the solutions.

4 people like this post.
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1248
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby OKkayak » Feb 16th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Richadio wrote:Just because people attend a public assembly they are considered law breakers.

They are when they are breaking public health orders.
Richadio wrote:When did standing up for violations of the charter become such a crass activity?

When they put their own ideology before the safety and security of the general public and this applies to ALL protests.
Richadio wrote:Why does it bother so many of you when you aren't even there.

Because the chance of transmission is high at large gatherings, especially those with no precautions in place. Then they'll take their newly acquired infection and continue to spread it into the general public.
"Conspiracy Theories are a way for idiots to feel like intellectuals."

- David Baddiel

5 people like this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11435
Likes: 12657 posts
Liked in: 19518 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Location: Sabbatical

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby WESTman » Feb 16th, 2021, 6:21 pm

What is it with you and anti-mask? Just because people attend a public assembly they are considered law breakers. When did standing up for violations of the charter become such a crass activity? Why does it bother so many of you when you aren't even there.


Is Covid-19 super infectious? YES
Do these anti-maskers stand too close together and not wear masks? YES
Will they catch Covid-19? YES, most likely because they are idiots.
Will they spread Covid-19 to others? YES

We care because spread is the problem. Distancing and wearing a mask are the solutions.


Haha we've all probably had Covid and didn't even know it. Between the packed box stores with no masks back in March-April-May 2020 and the crowded beaches and bars in the summer.
"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly."

2 people like this post.
WESTman
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 941
Likes: 368 posts
Liked in: 929 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby DoubleB12 » Feb 16th, 2021, 6:27 pm

"Neither side seems to be convincing the other side very much at all.. and it's how many pages now ?
One thing about the internet, if you have a belief.. right , wrong, correct, incorrect, or fantasy based... if you look long enough you will find support for your point if view"

I've been saying this all along. You can have your point of view one side or the other, post all of your sources from what ever media outlet, magazine article, news source, etc. and you will not convince the opposing side. I was once told by a couple of people to never argue about politics or religion as you will never change someone else's mind. Thanks Mom and Dad!!
Believe in your own immune system and it will be okay. Unfortunately not everyone has that luxury but thanks to numbers given to us by the Govt of Canada and the Govt of BC, your chance of contracting the "virus" is EXTREMELY LOW, chance of recovery should you contract it is EXTREMELY HIGH, and chance of death is EXTREMELY LOW. Just live your life not in fear but in happiness!!

2 people like this post.
DoubleB12
Fledgling
 
Posts: 219
Likes: 136 posts
Liked in: 193 posts
Joined: Sep 22nd, 2016, 2:19 pm

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby gardengirl » Feb 16th, 2021, 9:07 pm

W105 wrote:Norma is right...just go to the nearest High School and you'll see lots of teenagers without masks on and certainly not social distancing... ( absolutely no different than these protesters) then call them names and wish death upon them , then go home and call yourself a hero for mankind :D


Well the comparison to entitled children is right. Some well placed spanking would not go amiss.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

DebSS likes this post.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13323
Likes: 1292 posts
Liked in: 1241 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby gardengirl » Feb 16th, 2021, 9:11 pm

DoubleB12 wrote:"Neither side seems to be convincing the other side very much at all.. and it's how many pages now ?
One thing about the internet, if you have a belief.. right , wrong, correct, incorrect, or fantasy based... if you look long enough you will find support for your point if view"

I've been saying this all along. You can have your point of view one side or the other, post all of your sources from what ever media outlet, magazine article, news source, etc. and you will not convince the opposing side. I was once told by a couple of people to never argue about politics or religion as you will never change someone else's mind. Thanks Mom and Dad!!
Believe in your own immune system and it will be okay. Unfortunately not everyone has that luxury but thanks to numbers given to us by the Govt of Canada and the Govt of BC, your chance of contracting the "virus" is EXTREMELY LOW, chance of recovery should you contract it is EXTREMELY HIGH, and chance of death is EXTREMELY LOW. Just live your life not in fear but in happiness!!


Well you just pray that you or your loved ones don't become one of the covid statistics. It is not all about survival. That has been shown many, many times. People who have had it often suffer longterm damage. Please look up Covid Longhauler.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

DebSS likes this post.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13323
Likes: 1292 posts
Liked in: 1241 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby JayByrd » Feb 17th, 2021, 1:00 am

As a healthy, non-elderly adult, I know the chances of dying or even getting seriously ill (ie needing hospital treatment) due to a COVID infection are very low. But death isn't the only metric. I know two people personally who have had it. It had one flat on her back (but not in hospital) for 10 days, and the other was on death's doorstep for a week. Sedated, on a ventilator, the whole bit. They both survived, but their stories make me want to do what I can to avoid catching it. Beyond that, there's the other ways COVID would jam up my life. Not being able to work, see my son, my mother, or my girlfriend...needing someone to bring me groceries etc. Those things are temporary but they're still worth avoiding to me.
Finding something on the internet that aligns with your worldview, is not research.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3886
Likes: 776 posts
Liked in: 1884 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby typhoon44 » Feb 17th, 2021, 9:18 am

WESTman wrote:
Haha we've all probably had Covid and didn't even know it. Between the packed box stores with no masks back in March-April-May 2020 and the crowded beaches and bars in the summer.

The evidence does not agree with you. Antibody tests in Canada show very few people have been exposed.

DebSS likes this post.
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1248
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby dsldriver » Feb 19th, 2021, 6:22 am

normaM wrote:I'm sure the Mayor's vid had them quaking in their boots
Totally useless to complain about the rally.. but do dik all about it.
Oh wait, this is Kelowna.

Wonder if they felt powerful flaking the server at Doc's?

When I seen what they did at Doc's I was angry. And then this morning to watch the lady from the Bliss Bakery having to deal with the supposed civil rights lawyer.

The thing that kills me is that masks are required everywhere!! And yet at my job (working for contractor of a public service) I am told that I am NOT allowed to enforce the mandatory mask policy that they have. I get it, it's for my safety. But I am not allowed to refuse them service or even say anything about it because the contracting company doesn't want to look bad for it's customer, the government agency. SMH

3 people like this post.
User avatar
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 856
Likes: 36 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Nov 5th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby normaM » Feb 19th, 2021, 6:27 am

^^^ I think there are staff many places feel the same way - but they aren't going to get into a shouting match.
As for the letters saying you are excempt..
there is a guy in my area carrying a letter stating he cannot wear a mask..
beauty is he wrote it himself " I studied Law"
pandemics bring out the nutty in people

I have an idea for you - buy a box of masks, have them on your desk, when the maskless ones come in you can politely offer them one
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25806
Likes: 22805 posts
Liked in: 17558 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Kelowna threatening Protests

Postby Ken7 » Feb 19th, 2021, 9:20 am

normaM wrote:^^^ I think there are staff many places feel the same way - but they aren't going to get into a shouting match.
As for the letters saying you are excempt..
there is a guy in my area carrying a letter stating he cannot wear a mask..
beauty is he wrote it himself " I studied Law"
pandemics bring out the nutty in people

I have an idea for you - buy a box of masks, have them on your desk, when the maskless ones come in you can politely offer them one



I find people entertaining who like to argue fact of law and have never truly studied it.

Anyone know who this dumb woman is who keeps going to Bliss?? She needs to get her head read. Any business has the right to refuse you service. Remember the days of no shirt, no shoes, no service?? Today just add mask... why is it so difficult to do this? I hope this lady has children who one day act just like her when she is in need of something!

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 7964
Likes: 5316 posts
Liked in: 4393 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], TRIPLE2CHOKER and 9 guests