3 Tower Project on Leon Ave Approved

Re: 3 Tower Project on Leon Ave Approved

Postby Bsuds » Apr 3rd, 2021, 9:17 am

just_browsing wrote:
This is a pretty clueless statement lol. I prefer safety, quality, and function over perception. This is coming with neither. Once again, 23 fire personnel in the entire city of Kelowna, protecting what takes the rest of the world well over 100 personnel?! Thinking with their instagram account rather than their head.

removed Maybe check the facts before making a statement that can be easily checked.

https://www.kelowna.ca/city-services/sa ... imilkameen.
Last edited by Catsumi on Apr 3rd, 2021, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
I am so old that when I was a kid I remember actually having to win to get a trophy!

Scrobins94 likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 18002 posts

Postby lionchild » Apr 3rd, 2021, 12:14 pm

Forgot to include the original photograph, so I added it to the animation of the possible transformation of the downtown core. Note: not accurate to scale or what is being proposed, for visualization purposes only.

2 people like this post.
lionchild

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby just_browsing » Apr 5th, 2021, 9:52 am

Bsuds wrote:
just_browsing wrote:
This is a pretty clueless statement lol. I prefer safety, quality, and function over perception. This is coming with neither. Once again, 23 fire personnel in the entire city of Kelowna, protecting what takes the rest of the world well over 100 personnel?! Thinking with their instagram account rather than their head.

removed Maybe check the facts before making a statement that can be easily checked.

https://www.kelowna.ca/city-services/sa ... imilkameen.

Oh I've checked it thousands of times and have done plenty of math my friend.

23 firefighters in the city of Kelowna at any one time and that is a PROMISE.

The city loves the fact that they started a money making dispatch center in Kelowna. They now group those numbers in with the fire fighters. They do the same for all the managers and secretaries too.

23 Firefighters doing what everywhere else in the world requires 100+.

Keep fact checking!!! I LOVE being right
just_browsing
Fledgling

Liked in: 261 posts

Postby Cleve William » Apr 5th, 2021, 3:36 pm

I was very fortunate to live most of my life in downtown Vancouver, always near the water and the beautiful Stanley Park. What's ironic is that the more towers that were built and the more people who came, the more it lost its soul. We lived in Coal Harbour, one of the most affluent postal codes in Canada, bordered by East Hastings, one of the poorest. Guess which one had more soul? Look closely enough and you will see these developments are slickly packaged; marketed and sold in hotel ballrooms everywhere but Kelowna. Then they boast 70% sold on the day they announce. What they don't tell you is how many were purchased in 'blocks' by deep pocketed investors, and the units earmarked for 'friends and family' of the developer. Watch closely Kelowna, we'll soon be home to some of the most expensive, empty condos in BC.....and still have a housing crisis....sound familiar?

2 people like this post.
Cleve William

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Even Steven » Apr 5th, 2021, 5:42 pm

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Apr 5th, 2021, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

cv23 likes this post.
Even Steven
Guru

Liked in: 4506 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan