Cop transferred for pointing gun.

Re: Cop transferred for pointing gun.

Postby zoo » Jan 18th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Gender Harassment in the RCMP again, Oop's sorry, she pulled the gun. My mistake. Not a harassment or bullying thing anymore.
Could you imagine the people losing their minds if this was the other way around?
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 584 posts

Postby nicholas p » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:51 pm

Fancy wrote:
nicholas p wrote:Why is it called teasing, It is called bullying.The male police officer was bullying the female cop who was doing work. Was the male cop paid from tax payers money to bully the person who was doing work?

It is called teasing when it is making fun and making light of a situation and as long as everyone is on the same page it's okay. People can laugh at themselves too. If someone says stop or is becoming agitated and upset the teasing crosses the line and it is then to the stage of bullying and harassment. At no time and in no similar situation does anyone draw their gun - ever. And this police officer knows that and is making and has made amends.

If he was really her friend he should have known the limit and when it crosses the limit it is called harassing or bullying. About her retrieving gun it differs from person to person how they react.
Also if he was real friend he would have helped her in her paper work & both would have fun later
nicholas p

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby TylerM4 » Jan 21st, 2021, 11:22 am

zoo wrote:Gender Harassment in the RCMP again, Oop's sorry, she pulled the gun. My mistake. Not a harassment or bullying thing anymore.
Could you imagine the people losing their minds if this was the other way around?

That's a good guess. But only a guess. Pretty sure the female officer would have claimed "Gender/sexual Harassment" as part of her defense if that was the case. I see no evidence of that in any of the news articles. As a result, my best guess is that your guess is wrong :130:
TylerM4
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2657 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Jan 21st, 2021, 1:50 pm

Give her a water pistol and put her on school yard patrols.
Black Dogs Matter
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3913 posts

Postby 1092 » Jan 25th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Another BULLY why was Hess not deciplned ????????

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby TylerM4 » Jan 25th, 2021, 1:02 pm

1092 wrote:Another BULLY why was Hess not deciplned ????????

You don't know that. Both the bully part and the part about him not being disciplined. It'll probably come up in a performance review, and one incident does not a bully make.

It does make sense that the punishment for "pointing a firearm" is much worse than the punishment for "being mean to your coworker".

So I guess the answer to the question would be "Because it wouldn't have been appropriate".
TylerM4
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby workingclasshero » Jan 27th, 2021, 12:06 pm

what happened to the story about the police using a police dog to find a man hiding in a small house?
the dog found the man and tore him to pieces. the story in Castanet said he was take to the hospital to be
cared for and then was taken to the pol ice station for charges.
Can you image the terror experience by the man? I was once attached by a dog and used by brief case to protect myself,
it is really frightening . the police were too lazy to look for the man in the house and just happened to have a dog to put on him.
I can't find the story on Castanet anymore, the police probably didn't like it/
what kind of a police state are we living in?
workingclasshero
Fledgling

Liked in: 100 posts

Postby my5cents » Jan 27th, 2021, 12:30 pm

workingclasshero wrote:what happened to the story about the police using a police dog to find a man hiding in a small house?
the dog found the man and tore him to pieces. the story in Castanet said he was take to the hospital to be
Can you image the terror experience by the man? I was once attached by a dog and used by brief case to protect myself,
it is really frightening . the police were too lazy to look for the man in the house and just happened to have a dog to put on him.

Can't say what the RCMP's procedures are, but generally when a dog is used to search a premise that fact is announced loudly to give the suspect playing "hide and seek" a chance to give up.

Further, unless they have a barricaded suspect, when the police first attend any building small or large, they would first make a cursory search. Let's say there was an innocents person legally in the building. You don't just creep up on a building and release the dog.

"tore him to pieces" sounds so dramatic. IF someone was "torn to pieces" they likely wouldn't just attend hospital for a short time and then be taken to jail.

So, you have some evidence that the police were "too lazy" ?? Interested who provided that information.

Where were you "attached" ? at the hip ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Liked in: 2928 posts

Postby TylerM4 » Jan 27th, 2021, 1:21 pm

workingclasshero wrote:what happened to the story about the police using a police dog to find a man hiding in a small house?

This post has it all. Accusations without information, lack of understanding, and conspiracy theories!

"Tore to pieces" is BS. More accurate is "Treated for puncture wounds and got a few stiches". Police dogs are trained to not do serious harm.

As per My5cents - this suspect had lots of opportunity to avoid this outcome including not fleeing in the 1st place, and choosing to reveal himself when it was announced that the dog was coming.

I for one wish they used the dog more. Even 5 min of saved time is worth it, much less the risk of the suspect escaping.

Don't flee from police and you have nothing to worry about.

my5cents likes this post.
TylerM4
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Fancy » Jan 27th, 2021, 1:32 pm

I don't get why workingclasshero brought it up in the first place.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

ferri likes this post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 10796 posts

Postby ferri » Jan 27th, 2021, 1:34 pm

:topic: Cop transferred for pointing gun.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 14115 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan