Son Attacks Mother

Re: Son Attacks Mother

Postby the truth » Jan 19th, 2021, 3:50 pm

*removed*

:topic:
Last edited by ferri on Jan 19th, 2021, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Postby gardengirl » Jan 19th, 2021, 6:06 pm

whitecandle wrote:
the truth wrote:wow, what a waste of human skin he is.

Do you know him personally? You have no idea what personal demons he's fighting. His mother doubts he'll see the light of day. She thinks he'll be found not guilty due to mental health issues and be confined to a forensic psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

Like the guy from the Greyhound murder? I think I heard he is out on day passes. He beheaded someone and they let him out.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1210 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:31 am

Do you know him personally? You have no idea what personal demons he's fighting. His mother doubts he'll see the light of day. She thinks he'll be found not guilty due to mental health issues and be confined to a forensic psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

I've met him , NO we don't know what demons are in there and that punishment would fits the crime .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 6302 posts

Postby JayByrd » Jan 20th, 2021, 10:04 am

No doubt, Mr. Barrett has a lot of mental/emotional issues. Someone who has all their faculties doesn't do what he did. Is there a decent person in there, when all those issues are in check? Could well be, and I'm sure his defence counsel will emphasize that.

It's interesting to me, that he has one of the best criminal defence attorneys in the province. Those guys don't come cheap, and from what was presented in the article, Mr. Barrett doesn't seem to have money.
Finding something on the internet that aligns with your worldview, is not research.

Ken7 likes this post.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1879 posts

Postby Even Steven » Jan 20th, 2021, 10:27 am

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^Yes, she recovered. Spent over a month in KGH after the attack.

Poor lady. To have your own son do this to you must be traumatic.

2 people like this post.
Even Steven
Guru

Liked in: 4354 posts

Postby JayByrd » Jan 26th, 2021, 2:14 pm

Mr. Barrett has pled guilty to aggravated assault. In exchange, the attempted murder charge has been dropped.

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... ial#323081

The attempted murder charge would have been hard to prove. When taking the step from assault to attempted murder, intent is a key issue. No one other than Mr. Barrett himself can really speak to his intent, and his mental state at the time of this crime complicates things further.

The victim in this case has also been spared the need to testify.
Finding something on the internet that aligns with your worldview, is not research.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1879 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 26th, 2021, 6:22 pm

I'm not surprised ......
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 6302 posts

Postby Terris » Jan 26th, 2021, 7:06 pm

I knew Kevin briefly when we worked at Mcgavin's Bakery in 1979/80. He was a bit of a loon back then too, but not to this level.
Not too sure of his personal circumstances then, but his then step dad was a piece of work.

A couple of insights here...

One wintery graveyard shift his friend didn't show up for work. Kevin went looking for him after work, and found his friends vehicle upside down in Vernon Creek just outside of Lake Country. His friend had died of hypothermia as nobody noticed the skid marks off the highway. Kevin pulled out Archie's body and made attempts to revive him. He was quite upset about that.

Around this same time we used to go racing our VW Rabbits on the Duck lake ice racing track... Good times.

In 1993 I saw Kevin again in a downtown nightclub. We chatted for a bit and suddenly we heard some yelling and a female screaming. Kevin bolted over and proceeded to confront a male (pimp) who was assaulting his girlfriend (working girl) in the ladies washroom. Kevin got him out of the washroom but took a couple of kicks to the head, till the bouncers came on the scene and literally threw the pimp down the back staircase. They bought Kevin drinks after that. That was the last time I saw him till now...

Ya just never know...
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 584 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 26th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Very interesting posts on this case. I always find it interesting when a change of plea mid-trial.

I find it humorous how defense counsel always suggests the sentence is too harsh. I would love to see a Judge say, we'll reduce the sentence, but the remainder he will have to live with you!!

Yes, I do totally understand that is his job, so don't try schooling me. Thanks!
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 4353 posts

Postby lcpp64 » Jan 26th, 2021, 11:04 pm

Ken7 wrote:Very interesting posts on this case. I always find it interesting when a change of plea mid-trial.

I find it humorous how defense counsel always suggests the sentence is too harsh. I would love to see a Judge say, we'll reduce the sentence, but the remainder he will have to live with you!!

Yes, I do totally understand that is his job, so don't try schooling me. Thanks!

I think the Son is a horrible person. It does bring into light however some of your posting on this forum which indicates when a person goes terribly wrong or short circuited you like to blame “bad parenting”.

What say you about “bad parenting” on this case Ken7?

Same Opinion?
lcpp64
Board Meister

Liked in: 179 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Jan 26th, 2021, 11:09 pm

I am pretty sure I have met him a few times.. friend if a buddy, last time I remember we were all at a party, close toa decade ago.
What strikes me though is in the pics, I have seen, he appears to have bulked up quite a bit. .
You just never know how people are going to end up, or how sideways their lives can go... nobody ever plans to end up like that..
Well almost nobody.l
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3329 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 26th, 2021, 11:24 pm

the truth wrote:wow, what a waste of human skin he is.

whitecandle wrote:Do you know him personally? You have no idea what personal demons he's fighting. His mother doubts he'll see the light of day. She thinks he'll be found not guilty due to mental health issues and be confined to a forensic psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

If so hopefully he placed in facility for remainder of his life, were they will treat his issues.
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Liked in: 12554 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby tantor » Jan 27th, 2021, 8:43 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 27th, 2021, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
tantor
Fledgling

Liked in: 478 posts

Postby whitecandle » Jan 27th, 2021, 8:56 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 27th, 2021, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby tantor » Jan 27th, 2021, 1:12 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 27th, 2021, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
tantor
Fledgling

Liked in: 478 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan