Son Attacks Mother

Re: Son Attacks Mother

Postby pieinthei » Jan 27th, 2021, 1:43 pm

GordonH wrote:
whitecandle wrote:Do you know him personally? You have no idea what personal demons he's fighting. His mother doubts he'll see the light of day. She thinks he'll be found not guilty due to mental health issues and be confined to a forensic psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

If so hopefully he placed in facility for remainder of his life, were they will treat his issues.

yes, hopefully he'll be "treated" the same way he "treated" his mother.. *bleep*
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 981 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 29th, 2021, 12:37 pm

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 29th, 2021, 6:06 pm

I don't think that is a sufficient sentence. He put his very own mother through hell.

I hope he is somones girlfriend in jail. Very sad.

3 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 4353 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 29th, 2021, 6:53 pm

And THIS is how "we end the stigma" ??

The guy is screwed in the head , NO doubt about it ... BUT , had there been a modicum of "intervention" , the victim wouldn't have had to suffer ...

Think about it ..
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 6300 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 29th, 2021, 7:08 pm

MAPearce wrote:And THIS is how "we end the stigma" ??

The guy is screwed in the head , NO doubt about it ... BUT , had there been a modicum of "intervention" , the victim wouldn't have had to suffer ...

Think about it ..

I can agree with you, but the mind is a wonderful thing, until you lose it.

Now IF someone knew before this guy snapped, then maybe there could have been a "intervention".

In todays society most people will not get involved. I unlike most people would if I knew him and he showed signs of failing.

A old fellow who had dementia was left home alone for two weeks. Notes everywhere, do not turn stove on, do not do this. The signs were everywhere. He came to me as his wife went to Europe and he thought he missed her phone call.

I called the RCMP. Originally they said so what is the problem and were not going to do anything, not even check to see if my assessment was correct.

I told them my past, and I said if it was a five year old boy would you be concerned?? Well of course said the dispatcher. I explained if something happens to this 80+ year old, his death will be in your hands, and I will go public.

He was properly cared for and taken into care. He was very ill after home one week alone, I think when people see something about their neighbor they should at least pay attention and take action if it is needed by calling help!

seewood likes this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 4353 posts

Postby BC Landlord » Jan 29th, 2021, 7:13 pm

MAPearce wrote:The guy is screwed in the head , NO doubt about it ...

The problem is, those who should be coming up with such diagnoses always seem to lean toward blaming the society (i.e. us) for all "screwed heads" walking our streets.
BC Landlord
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 737 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 29th, 2021, 8:46 pm

I can agree with you, but the mind is a wonderful thing, until you lose it.

Now IF someone knew before this guy snapped, then maybe there could have been a "intervention".

The problem is with the "someone" who knew ....

I did before my kid snapped ...

"They" didn't care ...

There's your problem ...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

60-YEARS-in-Ktown likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Even Steven » Jan 29th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Why is he "screwed in the head"? He's just an a :cuss: That's not a diagnosis.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 29th, 2021, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use icon. Thanks
Even Steven
Guru

Liked in: 4354 posts

Postby hupur » Jan 29th, 2021, 11:14 pm

gardengirl wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/322264/Trial-begins-for-West-Kelowna-man-who-allegedly-beat-his-mother-and-left-her-for-dead#322264

When I first saw this story, I wondered, could this be the guy we used to call the "highway man"?
He certainly looks like him, but a bit heavier.
There was a guy who used to walk along the highway every day from the trailer parks by Daimler, to what was at the time Extra Foods. He would wear funny hats sometimes.

not the same guy!
hupur

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby hupur » Jan 29th, 2021, 11:18 pm

the truth wrote:off to jail you go you :cuss: loser https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... her#323473

Jail won't help..he's nuts..been whacko his whole life..continualy let slip through the cracks..He needs to be in a mental facility forever!
hupur

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 30th, 2021, 9:21 am

Jail won't help..he's nuts..been whacko his whole life..continualy let slip through the cracks..He needs to be in a mental facility forever!

It sounds kinda cruel , but yeah , "facilities" are available for physically ill people , seniors and homeless people ..

Why not the mentally ill ?
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby the truth » Jan 30th, 2021, 10:04 am

hupur wrote:
the truth wrote:off to jail you go you :cuss: loser https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... her#323473

sure even better.......... if it was possible
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan