Pack of dogs Attack

Pack of dogs Attack

Postby Symbonite » Jan 20th, 2021, 6:45 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... n-Glenmore

First thing I would do is order them destroyed. Next sue the owner. no room here for dogs like that small or big....any bite and they are done.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

bb49 likes this post.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1174 posts

Re: Pack of dogs Attack

Postby Sparki55 » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:16 pm

A small puncture wound and you want 3 animals ordered dead?

Pfft, kick rocks.

I don't like aggressive animals but this ex Mountie handled the situation like a pro.

My dog play bites my hand sometimes to say hi. It's a gentle little love/ lick that we're training out of her. She's never drawn blood on me or the misses but it's because we remain calm. Should you fight back and rip your hand away, well her teeth are sharp.

It's not like these dogs latched on and ripped this guy apart. They don't appear over aggressive from the article.

3 people like this post.
Sparki55
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2682 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Symbonite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/322520/Kelowna-man-attacked-by-trio-of-dogs-in-Glenmore

First thing I would do is order them destroyed. Next sue the owner. no room here for dogs like that small or big....any bite and they are done.

First of all, you can't order them destroyed. That's up to a judge to decide if an order to destroy is warranted and only after a thorough and complete investigation unless the court issues an order stating the dogs be muzzled when out in public.

Sue the owner? He took complete responsibility and offered to pay any and all medical bills.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

3 people like this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 17195 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:52 pm

Symbonite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/322520/Kelowna-man-attacked-by-trio-of-dogs-in-Glenmore

The matter is under investigation and absolutely don't agree with having a dog put down for a bite. I've been bitten and defended the dog (it was a fear bite) as the dog deserved training. I'm impressed with the 59 year old and how he handled the situation - not impressed with those that feel there's no chance for rehabilitation and making amends.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

mexi cali likes this post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 10796 posts

Postby Boarder4 » Jan 20th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Why does this keep happening? Of course they’re aggressive dogs? One bit arm and one bit hand. Put these things down, what if that was a kid. Bozo clowns will say they’re harmless ha ha ha
Boarder4

Liked in: 65 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm

Boarder4 wrote:Why does this keep happening? ...

Because the animals escaped?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Postby JayByrd » Jan 20th, 2021, 8:05 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:
Sue the owner? He took complete responsibility and offered to pay any and all medical bills.

Yeah, but suing is more fun. Just ask anyone who's been involved in a lawsuit. They're amazing. :135:
Finding something on the internet that aligns with your worldview, is not research.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1879 posts

Postby blue iguana » Jan 20th, 2021, 9:10 pm

Yes, the dogs did escape. One of the dogs stayed a few feet away. It was caught up in the moment. The 2 dogs that were the aggressors are one of the Bully Breeds. They are a breeding pair, and I understand there are puppies in the house. This is not the first and only litter. Backyard breeding for profit is a whole other discussion.

This incident falls solely on the owner. If one is going to own a strong, large breed, they must be prepared to be a responsible owner. The dogs have not been properly socialized, they are never exercised and appear to have never had obedience training. If a dog shows signs of aggression, then the owner needs to take the responsibility one step further to protect the public, such as using a muzzle and neuter/spay.

We had just arrived at the house and exited the vehicle. I had walked to the side of the house to enter the side garage door and my husband was about 10 feet behind. If it was me instead, this would be a whole other story. The strength of the dogs would have knocked me down. Luckily, my husband stayed calm and didn't jerk his hand away when the dog suddenly bit his hand. As with the controlled movement to get his hand to his chest the dog jumped up and bit his elbow. The dogs appeared to start to circle my husband and thankfully the guy taking care of the dogs came running out and collected the dogs.

Once the dogs were back in the house, the dogs attacked each other. The guy was able to separate the dogs, and he was bit in the process.

I would like to mention that I also stayed calm. I did not scream. I positioned myself behind the garbage and recycling bin. The dogs were on us in seconds. We had no warning, so we were not able to do anything else.

We are animal lovers and believe in responsible ownership.
No matter how talented, rich or intelligent you are, how you treat animals tells me all I need to know about you.

8 people like this post.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Liked in: 249 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jan 20th, 2021, 10:37 pm

Boarder4 wrote:Why does this keep happening? Of course they’re aggressive dogs? One bit arm and one bit hand. Put these things down, what if that was a kid. Bozo clowns will say they’re harmless ha ha ha

Go away.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 6599 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jan 20th, 2021, 10:43 pm

I got nothin. People need to relax. Stuff sometimes happens with animals for reasons we don't understand. Doesn't mean we need to bring out the needle.

If I reacted in a panic every time I was injured by an animal.....Actually I don't know what to say here because I didn't.

Stepped on, kicked, bit, chased, and not by any means all by dogs. Some yes, but all?? Nope.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 6599 posts

Postby bernie428 » Jan 21st, 2021, 12:00 am

mexi cali wrote:I got nothin. People need to relax. Stuff sometimes happens with animals for reasons we don't understand. Doesn't mean we need to bring out the needle.

If I reacted in a panic every time I was injured by an animal.....Actually I don't know what to say here because I didn't.

Stepped on, kicked, bit, chased, and not by any means all by dogs. Some yes, but all?? Nope.

Did you read the story above, or just start typing your feelings on dogs?
Seriously, they were attacked randomly on their own property!
The only thing that saved them was his specialized training.
What, 98% don't have that? 97%? Semantics.
You shouldn't need to be an ex cop or a dog expert to make it into your house.
Please read the article again.
He allowed the dog to bite.
What normal person has the ability to do that with 3 dogs on them?

Not a great example of responsible breeding either, are they?
bernie428
Board Meister

Liked in: 523 posts

Postby Even Steven » Jan 21st, 2021, 12:06 am

This is what responsible owners do:

The owners of the dog were cooperative and apologetic for the incident and offered to pay for any medical bills
Even Steven
Guru

Liked in: 4354 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 21st, 2021, 5:55 am

The wife of the man who was bitten has posted here - did some of you not read it?
I don’t care what they’re going to say. Let the storm rage on.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 16941 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 21st, 2021, 7:27 am

normaM wrote:The wife of the man who was bitten has posted here - did some of you not read it?

I did and she added a little more detail in what happened. Thanks blue iguana for posting and clarifying a few points. With this incident under investigation the dogs should be deemed dangerous (because they bit a person) and there will be consequences to the owners. I expect muzzles in the future and hope they take the situation seriously and undergo dog training - the owners need it just as much as the dogs. Obviously they are not in a position to properly breed animals and hope that is addressed.
blue iguana - hope there are no lasting effects from the bites as they can be nasty.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Postby Anonymous123 » Jan 21st, 2021, 8:41 am

Even Steven wrote:This is what responsible owners do:

The owners of the dog were cooperative and apologetic for the incident and offered to pay for any medical bills

Were they “responsible” because they know that the neighbour is a retired Mountie and didn’t want any further investigations?
We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2635 posts

Next

Return to Central Okanagan