How is a Pimp Allowed Bail?

AlienSoldier
Übergod

How is a Pimp Allowed Bail?

Post by AlienSoldier »

How is this allowed? The article states that he does not show remorse to his victims, some where as young as 15, he beat these women and then denied it.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... use#324358
Nedroj
Übergod

Re: How is a Pimp Allowed Bail?

Post by Nedroj »

Pretty sad state when a pimp with multiple victims, some underage, only gets 1 year in prison.
No more plea deals or 1.5x credit for time served for any type of violent, or criminal organization related crimes.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Let him out. It’ll make it easier for these girls family members to get to him.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Anonymous123 wrote:Let him out. It’ll make it easier for these girls family members to get to him.
But they shouldn't have to. If one of the family members does something, the victims will just blame themselves and endup in far worse shape.

I am all for reformed persons being released, but the article states he did not show remorse for this actions or his victims. If there is no remorse or change in his behavior why release him to be a threat to the public again?
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Unfortunately some people will never show remorse. We usually consider them as Psychopaths.
Leaving us with 2 choices.
Leave them rot in jail or release them and hope they won't do it again.

This sort of person can still live a normal life, and often even excels at jobs like lawyers, Real estate agents and politicians.
However this one may have messed up his chances in those careers.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

stuphoto wrote:Unfortunately some people will never show remorse. We usually consider them as Psychopaths.
Leaving us with 2 choices.
Leave them rot in jail or release them and hope they won't do it again.
There's a difference between not feeling remorse for a particular act, and being functionally incapable of remorse. I'd be leery of assigning a mental health diagnosis to someone I've never met. When those labels start getting thrown around, no one benefits.

It is upsetting though that this fellow hasn't had to pay much of a price, relatively speaking, for the harm he's caused. I assume, but don't know, that the staying of the assault charges against him was done to spare the victims the burden of testifying. Unfortunately Mr. Rypiak also benefitted greatly from this.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

AlienSoldier wrote:How is this allowed? The article states that he does not show remorse to his victims, some where as young as 15, he beat these women and then denied it.

scumbag lawyers defend these animals, judges give them next to no time, victims suffer again :swear: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
greece88

Post by greece88 »

Another prime example of the justice system failing the victims . Sad and pathetic . In some countries this would be the death penalty .
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Wouldn't it be slightly hypocritical for a justice system that :cuss: some people over with no remorse, then themselves hold a member of the public for doing the same thing?
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 9th, 2021, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use icon and not workarounds. Thanks
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

the truth wrote:
AlienSoldier wrote:How is this allowed? The article states that he does not show remorse to his victims, some where as young as 15, he beat these women and then denied it.

scumbag lawyers defend these animals, judges give them next to no time, victims suffer again :swear: :cuss:
Are you suggesting that defendants should be denied counsel, like in China?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

And I positive he obey all his restrictions - not. He'll be trolling for young women within weeks
Pimps usually only stop because of other, tougher, meaner pimps
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Well for starters, the pimp wasn't allowed "bail". He was given parole.

Bail is a type of release BEFORE TRIAL. This guy was sentenced to 4 years in April 2019.

Our laws in Canada mandate that after 2/3's of a sentence is served, a person incarcerated for a crime MUST be released. It's called "Statutory Release".

A person incarcerated for a crime in which the sentence is over three years CAN apply for parole once 1/3 of their sentence is served.

They can also apply for an unaccompanied temporary release after 1/6th of their sentence is served.

They can also apply for "day parole" 6 months into their sentence or 6 months before they are eligible for parole, whichever is more.

So April 2019 sentenced to 48 months

1/6 = 8 months into sentence (Dec 2019) Eligible for unaccompanied temporary release (UTR)
6 months before parole eligibility = 10 months into sentence called "Day parole" (Feb 2020)
1/3 = 16 months into sentence (Aug 2020) May be released on parole
2/3 = 32 months into sentence ((Dec 2021) Must be released on parole

When released on parole the offender must : "Offenders on parole must obey the law and follow standard conditions, such as to report regularly to a parole officer. The Parole Board can also impose special conditions, such as to abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol, or to reside in a halfway house."

It goes without saying that a parolee should have to report and have conditions, but "must obey the law" ? Aren't we all supposed to do that ?

Keep these release provisions in mind next time the news announces "Joe Blow received a sentence of 6 years, which was reduced by 12 months for time served..." The true length of time to be served is never made public.

If I'm sentenced to 6 years, but I must, by law, be released after serving 2/3's at most, wasn't I sentenced to 4 years ???????
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

PIMPIN AINT EASY, but apparently for this guy it is! Getting a little slap on the wrist isnt gonna deter this guy from continuing when he is released! He’s laughing all the way to the bank! What a joke our justice system is!
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

At the rate our government has been hemorrhaging money overseas, it's cheaper to release him than it is to keep him in custody.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

abraham wrote:PIMPIN AINT EASY, but apparently for this guy it is! Getting a little slap on the wrist isnt gonna deter this guy from continuing when he is released! He’s laughing all the way to the bank! What a joke our justice system is!
how many more scumbags is this going to encourage to become pimps with knowing the time in jail you might get is next to non
are govt , lawyers and judges are making-pimping easy- :swear: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”