No Kelowna handgun ban

No Kelowna handgun ban

Postby Blindeyes2020 » Feb 18th, 2021, 9:16 am

Glad to see Mayor Colin Basran has a head on his shoulders.
Making handguns or any other Firearm illegal or banning them does not stop the violence. rape, Murder, Theft, Drunk driving are all illegal and it hasn"t stopped it from happening.
Thank you Mayor Basran for not falling into the same B.S. crack as Prime Sinister Turdo.
For me I work and don"t get ahead in life like a lot of hard working Canadians. This is my only hobby I have to enjoy, and with what goes on in the world is the only enjoyment I have. When we seem to keep attacking the tax paying citizens and the lack of quality in life doesn"t seem to be any of our governments concern. All the federal Government seems to care about is what they can tax next.
So thank you Mr. Basran this means a lot to me.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ies#325349

4 people like this post.
Blindeyes2020

Liked in: 139 posts

Re: No Kelowna handgun ban

Postby Fancy » Feb 18th, 2021, 9:32 am

Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 10796 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 18th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Blindeyes2020 wrote:Glad to see Mayor Colin Basran has a head on his shoulders.
Making handguns or any other Firearm illegal or banning them does not stop the violence. rape, Murder, Theft, Drunk driving are all illegal and it hasn"t stopped it from happening.
Thank you Mayor Basran for not falling into the same B.S. crack as Prime Sinister Turdo.
For me I work and don"t get ahead in life like a lot of hard working Canadians. This is my only hobby I have to enjoy, and with what goes on in the world is the only enjoyment I have. When we seem to keep attacking the tax paying citizens and the lack of quality in life doesn"t seem to be any of our governments concern. All the federal Government seems to care about is what they can tax next.
So thank you Mr. Basran this means a lot to me.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ies#325349

I wouldn't be thanking this idiot mayor........somebody else outside of city council took him aside and gave him instructions on what to say.

Mrmarvingardens likes this post.
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2211 posts

Postby common_sense_guy » Feb 19th, 2021, 11:03 am

As one poster had wrote this...I wouldn't be thanking this idiot mayor........somebody else outside of city council took him aside and gave him instructions on what to say.
I have to say I disagree that anybody told him what to say as a person of his ego would hardly listen to just anybody telling him what to do. Egotistical self-centered people don't listen to other people well. Maybe his wife but that might be about it
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

2 people like this post.
common_sense_guy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 987 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 19th, 2021, 10:55 pm

common_sense_guy wrote:As one poster had wrote this...I wouldn't be thanking this idiot mayor........somebody else outside of city council took him aside and gave him instructions on what to say.
I have to say I disagree that anybody told him what to say as a person of his ego would hardly listen to just anybody telling him what to do. Egotistical self-centered people don't listen to other people well. Maybe his wife but that might be about it

How about that sef-serving Walter Grey...........Basran had his head up Walters :cuss: when he had less than a year in as a useless city councillor.
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2211 posts

Postby common_sense_guy » Feb 20th, 2021, 1:52 am

lesliepaul wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote:As one poster had wrote this...I wouldn't be thanking this idiot mayor........somebody else outside of city council took him aside and gave him instructions on what to say.

How about that sef-serving Walter Grey...........Basran had his head up Walters :cuss: when he had less than a year in as a useless city councillor.

Could very well be. I'll be honest I don't know about their relationship.. over all politicians are the last people we should be trusting but that seems to be the way. We let them run our lives
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

lesliepaul likes this post.
common_sense_guy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 987 posts

Postby the truth » Feb 20th, 2021, 2:39 pm

[quot="common_sense_guy"]
lesliepaul wrote:

Could very well be. I'll be honest I don't know about their relationship.. over all politicians are the last people we should be trusting but that seems to be the way. We let them run our lives

great point , why do we let them run are lives when they do such a horrible job ????? basran has proven over and over again how incompetent he is, why could he not be removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 20th, 2021, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

lesliepaul likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 20th, 2021, 4:10 pm

the truth wrote:great point , why do we let them run are lives when they do such a horrible job ????? basran has proven over and over again how incompetent he is, why could he not be removed

What are you talking about? He's not wanting to get involved with the handgun ban.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 10796 posts

Postby BC Landlord » Feb 21st, 2021, 4:30 pm

Just watch this, these are all legally owned guns. I don't fear these people at all.

BC Landlord
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 737 posts

Postby t76turbo » Feb 21st, 2021, 8:30 pm

^^^^^
Don’t fear them?
Why would you?
A. Nothing even close like that is legal in Canada.
B. Even in the US that activity is tightly regulated.
You need special licensing there.

C. There’s plenty of countries around the world where there’s not much if any gun regulations.
I only have 1 question. When will Fidel’s illegitimate spawn use the noose he tied for himself?
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1254 posts

Postby t76turbo » Feb 21st, 2021, 8:41 pm

Just listened to an CBC interview with Bill Blair earlier today. He was idolizing New Zealand’s recent change in gun regs.

Absolute garbage spewing out of his mouth as to how Canada is strengthening penalties for gun violence, idiot... they are doing the opposite.

Hey... suppressors are legal and actually encouraged to be used in New Zealand, so not to disturb people with gun fire. Can we have them here now? As a youngster I foolishly seldom used hearing protection and now am paying the price. We need mufflers for cars, can we please do same for firearms ...
I only have 1 question. When will Fidel’s illegitimate spawn use the noose he tied for himself?
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1254 posts

Postby BC Landlord » Feb 25th, 2021, 9:36 pm

t76turbo wrote:^^^^^
Don’t fear them?
Why would you?
A. Nothing even close like that is legal in Canada.
B. Even in the US that activity is tightly regulated.
You need special licensing there.

C. There’s plenty of countries around the world where there’s not much if any gun regulations.

What I was trying to say, I don't mind people legally owning ANY guns, including heavy machine guns or howitzers. However, I do mind our government not apparently being very interested in going after bad guys with guns, as much they are in disarming law-abiding citizens.
BC Landlord
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 737 posts

Postby youjustcomplain » Feb 26th, 2021, 8:48 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 26th, 2021, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
youjustcomplain
Übergod

Liked in: 781 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 26th, 2021, 8:53 am

Criminals/gang members and mass shooting individuals are not getting their guns via legal means, the black market is alive and well in Canada.
jt’s current attempts are doing nothing to stop this black market, if anything boosting this market.
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Liked in: 12554 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Return to Central Okanagan