McCurdy Place Condos?

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

McCurdy Place Condos?

Post by Catri »

This kind of boggles my mind. Who would want to own in that building? I assume those units would ultimately be rented out because why would anyone want to owner-occupy that? The units are listed at $350k and $336k, that seems like more than I would want to invest in that particular building. Should private ownership even be allowed in supportive housing? I dunno...it just seems weird.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ale#331776
Even Steven
Guru

Re: McCurdy Place Condos?

Post by Even Steven »

Maybe another housing society?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I wonder what the strata fees will be?
AND
What residents will strata be comprised of?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

alanjh595 wrote:I wonder what the strata fees will be?
AND
What residents will strata be comprised of?
From the listing the strata fees are $232.58 Monthly

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2308 ... land-north
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Who pays the strata fees for the rest of the units?
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Catri wrote:This kind of boggles my mind. Who would want to own in that building? I assume those units would ultimately be rented out because why would anyone want to owner-occupy that? The units are listed at $350k and $336k, that seems like more than I would want to invest in that particular building. Should private ownership even be allowed in supportive housing? I dunno...it just seems weird.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ale#331776
i was thinking the same thing , something stinks about this story ,imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
SlapandPop

Post by SlapandPop »

alanjh595 wrote:Who pays the strata fees for the rest of the units?
As tax payers i would guess we will?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Cant believe they can sell those units without disclosing the rest of the building is a supportive housing development
I know it wont be a local, so I feel sorry for the person who gets sucked into that one.

"Description
Welcome to 130 McCurdy, this ground floor 1 bed (No closet however has clothes rack), 1 bath unit is newly built and has a Western Exposure for evening sunsets while you sit in your living room or on your deck. There is in unit laundry and ample storage in the unit. The kitchen cabinets are made by Nauf and are soft close. NAUF (no added urea formaldehyde). High end, anti allergenic cabinets. These condos were designed at the highest standards for BC Housing. Pets: 1 Cat or 1 Dog (not to exceed 20" at shoulder or 20lbs). There is a small dog run on site if your dog needs a safe environment to play. Rentals are welcome"
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

SlapandPop wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Who pays the strata fees for the rest of the units?
As tax payers i would guess we will?
the gift that keeps on giving, taxpayer money.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I know it's Kelowna but who would pay $336 or $350 for 2 single rooms in a building that was developed to house people trying to recover or has some sharp pencil figured out a way that would allow a - ' rent to own ' system ?

Between BC Housing & CMHA nothing is too far fetched anymore ?
jv34

Post by jv34 »

Something stinks with this Culos deal.

How does this Culos developer get to keep two units in a Government owned and run building that (we/us) tax payers pay for? something stinks.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so bc housing -tax payers paid for 49 units
2 units are owned by the owner, who paid to have these 2 extra units built ? was it included in the 49 unit price, and its just pure profit for the owner, complements of taxpayers ?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

" no closet but a clothes rack"
No windows but an air hole
No flooring but what the heck less to clean
Come on this is a farce
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Come on this is a farce
Yeup ... smells worse than my 3 day old work socks in August
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

1.4 million per year to run it?

Where the :cuss: is the money going?

Also, and I hate to say it but why bother working all your life when if you're a resident there you pay less than 400.00 per month and get two free meals per day.

Senior citizens don't get deals like that. Seriously a months rent in independent living resort retirement style place run between 3 thousands and 6,000 PER MONTH. And there are extra fees for extras like say, parking and storage.

But if you're a junkie you pay $379 per month and be subsized by us?

There is something totally :cuss: out there. Oh, and seniors can get charged up to $70 per day x 30 days just to get home support in their homes to be able to stay in their own homes.

But if you're hanging out in a shopping cart, shooting up and can be seen from Hwy 97 driving into town, like I could see today, you're a shoo in for virtually free everything.

So sick to death of it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”