Kelowna gets second pedestrian overpass atop Highway 97

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Kelowna gets second pedestrian overpass atop Highway 97

Post by Glacier »

I_am_a_Liberal wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 7:15 pm used the tunnel in 100 mile every day to get lunch at the "mall" there. lol
I often used the tunnel in high school.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 7:22 pm
I_am_a_Liberal wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 7:15 pm used the tunnel in 100 mile every day to get lunch at the "mall" there. lol
I often used the tunnel in high school.
Good to hear... still doesn’t do anything about Kelowna water table being to high for a tunnel. Unless they have signage telling users to wear hip waders while using this tunnel. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

I'm hoping that when they designed the Rail Trail, they left enough room to somehow incorporate an LRT or tram line along it. Any plan for a second bridge needs to incorporate the line as well, with only one lane each going East and West. Yes, I am THAT naïve! Of course there was also recent talk of the dirt road by-pass for emergency vehicles.

Talk Radio... [icon_lol2.gif] Does it air any late night discussions typical to mature metropolitans?
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

cv23 wrote: Jul 23rd, 2022, 3:07 pm
spooker wrote: Jul 23rd, 2022, 2:36 pm The "but" referred to the difference between the situations where a cyclist blocked a driver on a roadway without infrastructure vs where a driver parked in the bike lane and the toddler died as a direct result.
To everyone with a set of eyes and capable of comprehending English the "but" was defensive or at least meant to trivialize the entitled cyclists actions or the cyclist actions wouldn't have been even mentioned.
So entitled cyclists now believe they should have dedicated infrastructure for themselves everywhere including on top of dykes in the middle of rural farm land. Wow the sense of entitlement grows by leaps and bounds with each post doesn't it?

spooker wrote: Jul 23rd, 2022, 2:36 pm How to get the people from Ethel safely over to the pedestrian crossing, that becomes the question ... It's typical for people in cars to want to detour people not in cars around for their convenience ... but again it shows the entitled attitude where people in cars feel that they deserve the direct route while everyone else can can just get out of the way ...
The highway existed decades before the ATC so in reality it is the entitled cyclists with their new ATC that feel they should be entitled to inconvenience hundred, even thousands, for their new found convenience.
spooker wrote: Jul 23rd, 2022, 2:36 pm The only real solution to reducing air pollution is reducing the trips we take by car and replacing them with something more environmentally friendly ... and no, that's not a call for just swapping out ICE to EV, that solves a very narrow problem while leaving the rest of the issues we have ...
We've already proven that bicycles are totally impractical for many/most trips taken in vehicles and any change away from trips made in vehicles will not happen overnight or likely ever. The CoK is enacting a bylaw against unnecessary idling as it's bad for the environment and needs to stop or be significantly reduced yet here we have someone advocating for hundreds of vehicles to sit idling strictly for the convenience of a couple of cyclists. Entitlement at it's finest.
*removed*

Can we just remind everyone that cyclists have AS MUCH RIGHTS ON THE ROAD as vehicles. And that entitled car drivers need to show courtesy on the roads and be okay getting home 5 minutes later than they normally would.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2022, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

lol @ entitled car drivers . if anything it is cyclists who are entitled. they have their own lane yet choose to use crosswallks like pedestrians when convenient , drive in the car lane when convenient and ride on the sidewalk when convenient . pick a set of rules and stick to it. if you want to be a vehicle on the road...cool. but dont become a pedestrian for a couple blocks then back to being a vehicle again

Return to “Central Okanagan”