Who's Using All The Water ?

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Who's Using All The Water ?

Post by stuphoto »

They rarely use tap water and often use water that we would want to drink.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

MAPearce wrote:I hear you loud and clear DB ..

Now that spring and summer is upon us , I'll have to dodge the sprinklers watering the sidewalks every second day on my way to work ...
You called him DB! Maybe it’s better to use the full name on these initials, because I sure didn’t think of dirtybiker as the first option...you? :biggrin:
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Guess I should come clean. :D

I detest the flooding of roadways because it takes 3 + Hours to clean what I drive.

The last thing I need added to my day (mostly unpaid) is to be forced to drive through a river of crap.

There !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

That's only 1/2 the ( unpaid ) time it takes to clean a bus.
I love how every company claims they pay for cleaning, but it somehow doesn't make it onto our pay cheques.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

stuphoto wrote:That's only 1/2 the ( unpaid ) time it takes to clean a bus.
I love how every company claims they pay for cleaning, but it somehow doesn't make it onto our pay cheques.
If you are washing your tour bus for free you can slide by my house and wash my rv and pickup truck. Almost the same size. In lieu of pay I can supply you with a frosty beverage or 2. [icon_lol2.gif] :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If I still lived in Kelowna I would pop on over and give you a hand with the RV Boater,
It's a good way to get to know someone.

While doing summer tours we would often finish a tour at roughly 8pm and somehow clean the bus ( for free ) and pick up our next tour group at 6am.
We managed this with several drivers, all staying at the same Richmond hotel all pitching in and helping. That was often every driver doing their reset, no mater which company they worked for.
It was good times and several of these drivers are still like family to me.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Street sweeping is a necessity. Can you imagine if gravel just piled up year after year on the streets!

BTW, We don't live in Death Valley, California... there is lots of water.
Rwede wrote:Hydrology and Watershed Management

Murray A. Roed and John D. Greenough, 2004

Okanagan Geology, Okanagan Lake, BC

Total annual precipitation 554 mm
419 mm evapo-transpiration and infiltration
13 mm consumptive, of which 10.5 mm for agriculture and 2.5 mm domestic and industrial uses
122 mm net inflow into Okanagan Lake

So we use 13 mm of precipitation, and only 2.5 mm for domestic and industrial uses, which includes golf courses!

In essence, a rain event of 2.5 mm supplies all the water to flush your toilet and wash your butt all year long.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Glacier wrote:Street sweeping is a necessity. Can you imagine if gravel just piled up year after year on the streets!

BTW, We don't live in Death Valley, California... there is lots of water.
Rwede wrote:Hydrology and Watershed Management

Murray A. Roed and John D. Greenough, 2004

Okanagan Geology, Okanagan Lake, BC

Total annual precipitation 554 mm
419 mm evapo-transpiration and infiltration
13 mm consumptive, of which 10.5 mm for agriculture and 2.5 mm domestic and industrial uses
122 mm net inflow into Okanagan Lake

So we use 13 mm of precipitation, and only 2.5 mm for domestic and industrial uses, which includes golf courses!

In essence, a rain event of 2.5 mm supplies all the water to flush your toilet and wash your butt all year long.
So, you don't mid driving through a muck filled river of water with your freshly
detailed and polished vehicle on an otherwise clean and sunny day ?

eta; street sweeping is one thing. the full flood way, another.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

dirtybiker wrote:So, you don't mid driving through a muck filled river of water with your freshly
detailed and polished vehicle on an otherwise clean and sunny day ?
And that comes from someone's lawn sprinklers? Where is that?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^No that comes from the City and Regional Districts wasteful flooding of streets and medians.

Even poorly maintained irrigation that sprays sidewalks and streets in the stead of the intended plant life.

Read back a bit, try to keep up.

They do this^^ then tell others to conserve.

eta; check out Benvoulin by Cooper sometime when the water hits just about everything but the green space.
or,
Harvey (multiple spots) where the two right lanes are being watered yet nary a drop on the grass.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

dirtybiker wrote:^^^No that comes from the City and Regional Districts wasteful flooding of streets and medians.
Sorry, but I've never seen something like that, other then when a water main breaks. None of what you mentioned above qualifies as "flooding".
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

dirtybiker wrote:
Even poorly maintained irrigation that sprays sidewalks and streets in the stead of the intended plant life.
I can't comment on Kelowna doing this since I was usually working out of town all summer long and never saw this happening.
However I can sure relate, after having most of the last 2 summers off and riding bicycles.
I sure see a lot of ( mostly farmers ) getting more water on the road than their crops.
I hate riding a bicycle through this and getting a soaked backside.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Don't get out much ? [icon_lol2.gif]

Every spring they heavily flood streets and highways.
Every week or two all summer long a City water truck floods the Medians along Glenmore
(as one example) on the premise of watering plants, yet 1000's of litres flood the roadways in rivers
of water and all the Ogo Gro (human waste)and whatever other debris is there, that it floods out.

I can't be alone in this. I'm sure most people that actually care for their vehicle, motorcyclists,
and cyclists detest having to slog through the messes they create.
Also don't want that Shytte piped to our lake.

Might I suggest dropping a couple hundred bucks and 3.5 hours of your time
just to have it slammed. Wasted in a couple blocks....or less.

Ah. whatever...carry on, turn your blind eyes to the real wasters and take your dry showers to
conserve so they can continue to disregard any conservation methods at all.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Just came in after washin my truck. Whats all the hoopla?? [icon_lol2.gif] With ya DB. I live in Glenmore and frequently travel on the 4 lane Glenmore Road flood plain. Whats even more aggravating is spending 3 hrs shining up the truck n rv then driving thru one of those 1 minute torrential downpours when its sunny out. What gives??? Even the California Duster doesnt work after that :-X :-X
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Noisy Boater wrote: Whats all the hoopla?? [icon_lol2.gif] With ya DB.
Not even sure anymore.

I'm an island. [icon_lol2.gif]

Powers that be always enforcing restrictions on the masses while just carrying
on with perceived wanton disregard in their own actions.
'bout sums it up.

This is what I get for actually starting a thread...A rarity not to happen again
anytime soon.

You’re welcome !

:130:

Return to “Central Okanagan”