Crane collapse downtown

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Crane collapse downtown

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

My sincere Condolences to the families affected by this tragedy.l
It is also my hope that the families and freinds, dont get on here and see all the nasty and ignorant posts... :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 9:46 am You guys a few if you are being ignorant and out of line here..
FACT Leibherr is a very expensive crane, probably one of the most expensive.
AND it appears it may have been brand new and on its first job..

So if you think anyone cheaped out, show us an example of a better peice of equipment they could have used.. :smt045
I don't think anyone blames the crane, which was being disassembled at the time of the collapse. Obviously this was due to human error.

I expect the investigation will focus on how well the workers were trained and if they were following safety protocols and who was supervising them.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 10:31 am My sincere Condolences to the families affected by this tragedy.l
It is also my hope that the families and freinds, dont get on here and see all the nasty and ignorant posts... :smt045
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

I agree wholeheartedly.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Saddened to hear officially that five people have died at this tragic scene.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

0depius wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 9:06 am

Were you able to get it out? I had to leave my vehicle parked in that area too as they would not allow me to retrieve it. Hoping I can get it tonight.
Nope it's still there. I don't think we will get access today. They still are recovering bodies per the latest C-net article....and I'm ok with that having priority right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 10:34 am Obviously this was due to human error.
How is that "obvious"? The investigation hasn't even started.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Condolences to the families.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 13th, 2021, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Article from site that is not allowed.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Scrobins94 wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 12:25 pm Seems like a worker was already concerned about the safety at Mission Group's construction site.
Crane disassembly is dangerous process on itself. It has nothing to do with the work site.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Scrobins94 wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 12:25 pm
Seems like a worker was already concerned about the safety at Mission Group's construction site.
Or it was just a realization that taking any crane down is inherently dangerous.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

It's dangerous when safety protocols aren't in place or not followed. For example, even a chainsaw is safe when used properly. I'm not claiming that there weren't safety protocols or not followed, but this is definitely something that needs to be investigated with transparency.

I also understand that the tower was due to be completed by spring 2021. I sincerely hope there aren't pressures to rush through the investigation just to resume construction activities.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Checking Google map and the fallen crane hit the back of the building 1449-1461 St-Paul called The Courtyard.
Where that poor man is still trapped?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Scrobins94 wrote: Jul 13th, 2021, 12:39 pm It's dangerous when safety protocols aren't in place or not followed. For example, even a chainsaw is safe when used properly. I'm not claiming that there weren't safety protocols or not followed, but this is definitely something that needs to be investigated with transparency.
Here's a video that explains the dangers of crane assembly and disassembly so you can understand how dangerous the process is in itself.

It's dangerous. And the contractor who hired the crane (Mission Group) has little to do with the process and making sure everything goes as It's supposed to - its all on the crane operators and crane company.

Return to “Central Okanagan”