Crane collapse downtown

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Crane collapse downtown

Post by stuphoto »

I don't know about now, but many years ago a first year apprentice made 50% of a journeyman and was more or less a helper learning the ins and outs.
If they got lucky they would sort of get adopted by a journeyman as their persional assistant and learn the skills quicker and more efficient.
The second and third years would get paid more, develop their skills further and have more responsibi.lity
Ranger67
Fledgling

Post by Ranger67 »

featfan wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 3:07 pm I watched them pounding the trees in the ground.
Do not care if you believe me or not
It is quite possible that you saw them pounding "logs" into the ground but it was more likely for shoring then structural support.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

They only put them where the tower sits. Then brought in fill and then a specialized waterproofing material for the whole site and a few meters up the sides. Then came the rebar and the concrete slab.
Ranger67
Fledgling

Post by Ranger67 »

Probably for the elevator core, I believe they had some very robust water issues at this site and actually poured an active pump (water) into the pour to maintain the levels.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Any updates? Are they back to work?
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Would be great if someone could help pay this fine, to lessen the burden on the family.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6125858

Feel sorry for the family. :cry:
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Scrobins94 wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:11 pm Would be great if someone could help pay this fine, to lessen the burden on the family.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6125858

Feel sorry for the family. :cry:
The MP for the Salmon Arm area should be stepping up to sort this out.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

What a complete joke that fine is. The whole Covid issue with travelling …tell me it’s not about money to the govt of Canada. Absolutely brutal and disheartening to read this .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Question. Saw a clip where there were 4 bouquet wraps of flowers. Considering that 1 civilian died - is it just me - or is that an insult to an innocent bystander?
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 7:38 pm Question. Saw a clip where there were 4 bouquet wraps of flowers. Considering that 1 civilian died - is it just me - or is that an insult to an innocent bystander?
You would have to ask the person/s who put it there. It is an expression of the grieving process, don't make it ugly when it doesn't concern you.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

two_shoes1mit wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 7:41 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 7:38 pm Question. Saw a clip where there were 4 bouquet wraps of flowers. Considering that 1 civilian died - is it just me - or is that an insult to an innocent bystander?
You would have to ask the person/s who put it there. It is an expression of the grieving process, don't make it ugly when it doesn't concern you.
Wait.......so no one is grieving the innocent civilian? Just the workers? Is that right? Is there a gofundme for his family? Maybe Castanet can find this out and report on that.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 10:09 pm Wait.......so no one is grieving the innocent civilian? Just the workers? Is that right? Is there a gofundme for his family? Maybe Castanet can find this out and report on that.
Yes, there's and they raised over $300K

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for- ... e=customer
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Could be a co-worker or friend of the four workers that died.
The Straken
Board Meister

Post by The Straken »

I am working out of town at the moment is there any update to this ?
trump is a blight on that once great country.

Return to “Central Okanagan”