Crime spreads, New victims rightfully up in arms

featfan
Guru

Re: Crime spreads, New victims rightfully up in arms

Post by featfan »

Left my apartment early Tuesday and the tenants in one of the units were out front facing the street using a grinder to get rid of serial numbers on two mountain bikes.
They were also repainting a scooter that originally was blue, then yellow and is now green.
Cops have been here multiple times for them in the last four or five months.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Vote in a party( Mavericks) that will send a letter to the RCMP headquarters saying 'your services will no longer be required'- after the west separates.
I've always thought Cascadia would be a "thing" to consider ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 5:37 pm Cascadia? .....REALLY?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_ ... _movement)
Yeah ... REALLY .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Yeah ... REALLY .
You's one mentally messed up dude.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Yeah ... REALLY .

yeah .. me , messed up . It's not the Bikker mntman..

Economically , and strategically , Cascadia makes very good sense
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 7:21 pm

ONLY to you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 7:24 pm
MAPearce wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 7:21 pm

ONLY to you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And many more of the Westerners tired of being sacked and pillaged ..

But PLEASE , do go on .
alarms

Post by alarms »

I read the forum, but never post. I'm posting today because we had a guy in our store asking us to pay him to not trash our place after hours. Then he waited outside all day, pointing a sling shot at people, waiting for us to pay him. We don't call the police because there's no proof of what he said and what he was doing. I didn't want to get beaten up after the cops leave. I ended up sending an anon tip to crime stoppers because I was pretty sure this guy was on the most wanted list. He shaved off his beard, but I'm pretty sure it was him. They need video/audio evidence.. even then, we can't afford a lawyer to prosecute these guys.

I watched a documentary on the mob one time and they called it "protection money". It's already hard to work near enterprise, but it's actually scary here and no one believes us until it happens to them.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Mtn Biker wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 11:01 am Many years ago Kelowna had a proactive socially aware mayor who worked with the local community to address the issues of homelessness. Her name was Sharon Shepherd. However once Wally was able to cheat and buy the mayor’s seat back, and then promoted the young puppet Basran, all and every initiative that was working was shelved. In Wally’s words.. the social ills of this city are not councils’ problem. Well sorry but they are. And since Kelowna has been open for business, it has turned it’s back on business owners and the massive expense they have endured to solve the problems their civic leaders refused to. So the moral of my story, you get what you vote for. Open for business, damn the rest. Exactly why I would never live in Kelowna again.
Isn't the city looking after the "ills" communism? What happened to smaller governments? We don't want to be a society that says they are a "victim" about everything under the sun - we want a society that pulls itself up by the bootstraps and takes care of itself. Build a higher fence or get better security with the tremendous amounts of cash that the capitalist engine gives us. In the end, people can be proud of their investment and achievement. And tell those dastardly mentally and drug-addled victims that they have met their match. Let's show the city "government" how it's done without begging for handouts. Or blaming hard-working civil servants.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Yeah ... REALLY .

I'd live there, would definitely be one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

From your very own article posted;
In British Columbia, a 2020 poll by Glacier Media and Research Co. has shown a significant growth of support for Cascadia and British Columbia as a standalone independent country. As a standalone country, support has gone up to 27% from 17% in 2018 and 2019,
From a different research company Washington and Oregon, possibly California all have even higher percentages of
mentally messed up dudes
You may want to actually read the entire article. Dead in the water? Maybe, maybe not.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

The way I understand how the judicial system works, and please correct if wrong, is the police gather the evidence to charge and prosecute. The evidence is given to the crown prosecutors or prosecutor contractors to proceed or not to trial.
Prosecutors look at the evidence to see if it a slam-dunk easy case to prosecute if not, punk is out on the street again. If so, and the punk is found guilty, the judge sentences to past precidents. If the judge locks the punk up more than past precidents, the defense lawyer snivels that it is too much time as per previous precident cases.

This is exactly the chain after talking to a RCMP constable on the island and another RCMP in the family.
What's the solution? Slow increase in sentences?
Last edited by seewood on Sep 17th, 2021, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

alarms wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 8:00 pm
I watched a documentary on the mob one time and they called it "protection money". It's already hard to work near enterprise, but it's actually scary here and no one believes us until it happens to them.
It's called security companies now.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

alarms wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 8:00 pm I read the forum, but never post. I'm posting today because we had a guy in our store asking us to pay him to not trash our place after hours. Then he waited outside all day, pointing a sling shot at people, waiting for us to pay him. We don't call the police because there's no proof of what he said and what he was doing. I didn't want to get beaten up after the cops leave. I ended up sending an anon tip to crime stoppers because I was pretty sure this guy was on the most wanted list. He shaved off his beard, but I'm pretty sure it was him. They need video/audio evidence.. even then, we can't afford a lawyer to prosecute these guys.

sadly, this is what our city leaders have turned kelowna into
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

MURPHNRANDY wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 3:22 pm Had my truck broken into and all my Harley Riding Gear Plus custom painted helmet stolen , had the crackhead on camera he went to walmart and eb games made 5 $99 purchases at self checkout .... why wouldn't that raise a red flag at walmart ...... since i had his bicycle description and his picture , i got on my bike and rode to every known hangout , after annoying all the "locals" they asked what i needed i showed the picture and was told who he was and that they would find him , well after riding my motorcyclce for two hours downtown i was pulled over for lurking and asked to give a police report and leave it to them .... i laughed and continued my journey about an hour later bam there he is , i ride my bike across the baseball field and into his tent he goes sprinting down the catwalk and hes gone .... but luckily for me i wait call my buddy say bring your truck , find all my gear in his shopping cart and well im there i load up everything he owns and took it to the dump .. havent seen him around my house anymore but we did see him at Mcdonalds with a sign reading someone robbed me please help with cash or goods

this was over 5 weeks ago and still no follow up and no phone call from that police report , its time to stand up for ourselves
While the police wouldn't do much to help you, they would arrest you if one of the tent dwellers called them and fingered you for taking back your own stuff.

That's the :cuss: reality of how the law works.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 17th, 2021, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”