City Park Kelowna Remembrance Day

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: City Park Kelowna Remembrance Day

Post by whatwhat »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 30th, 2022, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 30th, 2022, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

I don't get it. Shouldn't the protesters be happy there's an organized event? After all, the return of Maple Fest is clear evidence that restrictions have been lifted, its what they wanted!
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Those kind of people aren't happy about anything. If there are no organized events allowed it's about our "freedom" being abused. If there ARE organized events planned, they're mad because some organization is using public parks. I really think that even a bit of jail time would do some of them good.

Can you imagine some of these people even doing a week in jail? They'd be filing complaints about the food. And how the lack of fitted sheets constitutes police brutality.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

bob vernon wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:13 pm Those kind of people aren't happy about anything. If there are no organized events allowed it's about our "freedom" being abused. If there ARE organized events planned, they're mad because some organization is using public parks. I really think that even a bit of jail time would do some of them good.

Can you imagine some of these people even doing a week in jail? They'd be filing complaints about the food. And how the lack of fitted sheets constitutes police brutality.
What sheets? They are given a concrete or steel bunk and a blanket. No mattress, no pillow, not even a plastic cup to drink from. Supper is a microwaved beef pie, slice of bread, and a coffee.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you people are clueless, there is a reason why criminals in bc have zero fear of hard time in bc https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/mp ... b-c-prison
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:01 pm you people are clueless, there is a reason why criminals in bc have zero fear of hard time in bc https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/mp ... b-c-prison
Isn't that just sweet!

Kill someone and get a free vacation for life!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:01 pm you people are clueless, there is a reason why criminals in bc have zero fear of hard time in bc https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/mp ... b-c-prison
The MP in the story was talking about minimum security facilities. I sounded pretty good for his purposes.

Now I'm not saying that some prisoners who deserve to be doing "hard time" haven't been given the gift of serving their time in a minimum security facilities but that's not the courts, that's the Correctional Service of Canada.

Where someone serves their sentence is up to the Correctional Service, not the courts. Perhaps a whole other area of concern.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Central Okanagan”