Young man beat up on rail trail Kelowna

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Kid. Young man beat up on rail trail Kelowna

Post by JayByrd »

the truth wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:34 pm https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#351465 once again cops do there job, catch the bad guy, but are city leaders untouchable boys already released to reoffend,unbelievable :cuss: :swear:
Dude, did you read the article? THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO LAY CHARGES. I know it feels good to blame this on the Mayor but it has nothing to do with him. Besides, no one ordered him to be released, not a judge, not the Mayor. The RCMP determined that they didn't have enough to hold him. So if you want to blame someone, I guess you can blame them. By complaining about this, you're basically saying that you know more about the legal aspects of this case than the police do.

What if they did this your way? Push it to court, right now. Watch the guy be acquitted (that means found not guilty) due to lack of evidence. He walks. Who would you blame then?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well I don't know but the guy was "positively identified" like what more do you need to keep him in a cell until more evidence is collected and the Crown gets what it wants for a conviction ?? but really though what would be his sentence for almost killing this young man ?? 6mths in jail or even less ?? how does light sentences and quick releases protect Society ??

our Legal System is a joke and it doesn't seem like anybody wants to change it and it's time to ask why and demand that is does get changed...Our Laws should protect ALL of us, not just the guilty first and foremost..

this guy should be sitting in a cell, he was positively ID-ed, that there is good enough reason to put his butt in one until the investigation is complete..
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

But our Mayor and council allowed all of the services and shelters to open here.
Oh course it meant Kelowna is open for criminals and scumbags to get everything free.
At least Penticton is pushing back on more being opened up there.
And Vernon against free drugs.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

featfan wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 11:48 am But our Mayor and council allowed all of the services and shelters to open here.
Oh course it meant Kelowna is open for criminals and scumbags to get everything free.
At least Penticton is pushing back on more being opened up there.
And Vernon against free drugs.
a few city leaders seem to care in other city's , just not here in kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

Dude. They call in a justice of the peace to determine if he is released, cops dont decide so your another karen that has no idea what she is talking about
JayByrd wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 9:50 am
the truth wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:34 pm https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#351465 once again cops do there job, catch the bad guy, but are city leaders untouchable boys already released to reoffend,unbelievable :cuss: :swear:
Dude, did you read the article? THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO LAY CHARGES. I know it feels good to blame this on the Mayor but it has nothing to do with him. Besides, no one ordered him to be released, not a judge, not the Mayor. The RCMP determined that they didn't have enough to hold him. So if you want to blame someone, I guess you can blame them. By complaining about this, you're basically saying that you know more about the legal aspects of this case than the police do.

What if they did this your way? Push it to court, right now. Watch the guy be acquitted (that means found not guilty) due to lack of evidence. He walks. Who would you blame then?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Hornswoggle wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 9:26 am Dude. They call in a justice of the peace to determine if he is released, cops dont decide so your another karen that has no idea what she is talking about
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

JayByrd wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 3:36 pm
Hornswoggle wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 9:26 am Dude. They call in a justice of the peace to determine if he is released, cops dont decide so your another karen that has no idea what she is talking about
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Obviously. You said rcmp determine wether charges are layed
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

JayByrd wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 3:36 pm I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm not sure what the point is either. You're no "karen".
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hornswoggle wrote: Nov 17th, 2021, 10:07 am Obviously. You said rcmp determine wether charges are layed
That's not what was said.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
All posts 100% moderator approved!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Hornswoggle wrote: Nov 17th, 2021, 10:07 am

Obviously. You said rcmp determine wether charges are layed
Well specifically, I said they decided to release him, which, as you pointed out, is not exactly true. I appreciate the correction but you lost me on the Karen part. My name isn't Karen, maybe you have me confused with someone else.
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Re: Young man beat up on rail trail Kelowna

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

I keep seeing more funding for mental health comments.

I think there might need to be more for funding for mental illness.

More funding for drug addiction? Like paying for the drugs for junkies?

I'd go for more funding for drug treatment. Like more bullets sent airmail for dealers, distributors and importers.

The soft approach to drugs and mental health hasn't worked for decades. Time to harden up folks. I know a few places in the Chilcotin plateau that would make great spots for work camps.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.

Return to “Central Okanagan”