Radio Host Sues The Lizard

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Radio Host Sues The Lizard

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Mark1111 wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:02 pm Its too bad. I really liked her maturity, banter and music selection. But lets get real here.

“She says the character, crafted over 30 years, was designed to appeal for a male demographic aged 18 to 40.
The character, she says, portrayed as confident and empowered, fun and outgoing. The character pushed the envelope on women's sexuality and dressed provocatively during public appearances.”

So what happened to the thick (lizard?) skin you KNEW you needed to step into this role in this environment?

You work for a company whose logo features a sun-glassed leering lizard wearing a party wrist band...and you’re shocked when the twenty – thirty something children working with you make inappropriate comments in your presence?

Maybe a little less 'MeToo" and a little more 'MyBad'?
If she’s crafted this persona for 30 years, do the math. Maybe she wants to boost her upcoming retirement income. Just sayin lol
That's the direction I'm leaning in too.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

A hostile, inappropriate work environment - hard to believe.

A woman making up a culture of harassment and disrespect, either faking or coincidentally having diagnosed medical conditions related to stress, and sacrificing the rest of her radio career in favour of a lawsuit she might not win - easy to believe.

Right.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

mullyman wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:19 am
Southern Comfort wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 9:53 am I can't believe this has not been discussed, unless I missed it.
I used to work there. That place has been a toxic work place for many years. I hope she takes them to the cleaners!
not to disregard your opinion, but she admitted she acted in a manner that was not her true character, so, what did she expect?
I 100% agree with you. That's exactly what I thought when I read the story.
Like a chick who likes to regularly tell dirty sexual jokes all around the workplace and then gets upset when guys think she's easy and subsequently hit on her. In this instance only at the moment she made her own bed and she should have to lie in it.
I mean did she really not think her attitude and personality at work whether real or make-believe would not impact your fellow co-workers and how they view you
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:41 pm
JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:59 am Oh wow. The boys in our community are showing their faces on this one. :popcorn:
Girl here. I don’t diasgree with the boys. I don’t condone harrassment. Unfortunately that’s where our society is at. Not to mention there are a lot of women who are worse when it comes to harrassment toward men and they get a pass :138:
Thank you for your honest post.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

I'm a guy and a couple years ago i worked with a older woman who would constantly grab my behind, my junk and make very inappropriate comments. This behaviour did happen in front of others and management yet nothing was done about it. One day i finally flipped out on her after she grabbed my crotch and i was the one sent home cause i hurt her feelings! Had i done this sort of thing to her i probably would have been fired and or sued yet since she's a woman doing this to a guy management looks the other way.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Trixster wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 10:03 am I'm a guy and a couple years ago i worked with a older woman who would constantly grab my behind, my junk and make very inappropriate comments. This behaviour did happen in front of others and management yet nothing was done about it. One day i finally flipped out on her after she grabbed my crotch and i was the one sent home cause i hurt her feelings! Had i done this sort of thing to her i probably would have been fired and or sued yet since she's a woman doing this to a guy management looks the other way.
If you didn't say anything it means it was consensual, no?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Trixster wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 10:03 am I'm a guy and a couple years ago i worked with a older woman who would constantly grab my behind, my junk and make very inappropriate comments. This behaviour did happen in front of others and management yet nothing was done about it. One day i finally flipped out on her after she grabbed my crotch and i was the one sent home cause i hurt her feelings! Had i done this sort of thing to her i probably would have been fired and or sued yet since she's a woman doing this to a guy management looks the other way.
sounds like the real world, sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

I enjoyed her radio show on my drive home. The show was full of "sexual innuendo" and I liked her choice of music. I always assumed her radio personality was actually who she was. Saw her at a few concerts in the Power booth and she always made sure her shirts were very low cut. Had a nice rack.
I stopped listening to local radio years ago and didnt know she was gone.
My wife hated her show. Funny
If the radio staff knew that she was not the person she portrayed on air ,and they still treated her like a "Dirty Girl" after she asked them not too ,then I will have to say that radio station was in the wrong.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Maybe she comes from an era in time - and industry - where women had to be a Tawny Kitaen writhing on the hood of a car in a Whitesnake video......? I'd link a video but that is bad.....so I won't. I'll just do so in the "what's everyone listening to" thread. LOL
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

It's too bad that she chose to come across as a groupie DJ. I always thought Liz Mckinney was hot - but she didn't come across as a bimbo. Now she is a geriatric dj.
gcooper

Post by gcooper »

Wow. A lot of you still living in caves eh?

Character vs. Real Human - IMO, your IQ level represents which side of the argument you gravitate to.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think it's not too hard to see both sides here. The character was long in the making and I am sure she was really good at portraying it. The problem with boys though is, they're boys when it comes to boobies and such and it might be difficult to work alongside Someone who was so outwardly sexual. I get it. Like going to high school.

However, at some point, she asked for it to stop and she asked for help from the management team and she apparently received neither and that is where the problem lies.

She had played the part for a long time and maybe had had no issues but at some point, she did. Could have been one person, could have been more. Her wishes should have been respected regardless of the boys though of it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 10:10 am
If you didn't say anything it means it was consensual, no?
Management saw it happen on more then one occassion and i did tell her to stop. They only did something after i flipped out on her and cause she shed some tears that was their idea of an apology. I resigned a few days later
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

She had listeners believing she was sorta cool with whatever , even what she was up to next after sign off. No listener should believe otherwise . However no matter how cool someone makes themselves out to be, you cannot take the bait , ever. Pretty simple.
Strong and free
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I didn't realize that DJs were given roles. Maybe that explains those two dip$%^@ on the morning shift at 103.1 The Beach. The chances of two equally annoying people ending up at the same station seems unlikely - they must have been told to act like complete idiots.

Return to “Central Okanagan”