Trepanier creek

captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: Trepanier creek

Post by captkirkcanada »

DarbyD wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 11:44 am Had some previously homeless rent beside us, the landlord had given them a deal so they could come out of the bush. Within two years they filled the yard with trash they collected and scattered, just like you see some of these bush campers do. Bylaws was there every week, landlord tried to get them to clean it up, finally he gave up and sold the place. Yes drugs were involved.
um homeless and drugs dont go hand in hand .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

DarbyD wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 11:51 am We were visiting Trepanier area a few years ago doing some hiking. There was an RV parked on a side road just before the gravel pit, asked about it and was told a guy had just parked it there and made himself at home. It was more or less abandoned at the time because the fellow had a warrant on him and the police took him off to jail.

So you never really know who is camping and making themselves at home in the bush. Be aware and be careful.
that's right anytime i see a camper anywhere i immediately think its charles olsen or robert pictin cause that's just a natural thing to do. also when i come across smug folks who think they are better than some other person , i instantly think that person must be a creep. :200:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 7:29 pm
DarbyD wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 11:51 am We were visiting Trepanier area a few years ago doing some hiking. There was an RV parked on a side road just before the gravel pit, asked about it and was told a guy had just parked it there and made himself at home. It was more or less abandoned at the time because the fellow had a warrant on him and the police took him off to jail.

So you never really know who is camping and making themselves at home in the bush. Be aware and be careful.
that's right anytime i see a camper anywhere i immediately think its charles olsen or robert pictin cause that's just a natural thing to do. also when i come across smug folks who think they are better than some other person , i instantly think that person must be a creep. :200:
Actually we had gone up to the RV to see if the people in it might know what was up the road they were parked in front of. So nooo we didn't assume they were bad at all. No one answered the door so we asked some other people who were in the area about that road and they told us the circumstance of that RV. Not sure if you were implying we are smug ... just repeating what the other people in the area told us, which also made us a bit more cautious and not so naive. It wasn't drama like you seem to assume.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 7:26 pm
DarbyD wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 11:44 am Had some previously homeless rent beside us, the landlord had given them a deal so they could come out of the bush. Within two years they filled the yard with trash they collected and scattered, just like you see some of these bush campers do. Bylaws was there every week, landlord tried to get them to clean it up, finally he gave up and sold the place. Yes drugs were involved.
um homeless and drugs dont go hand in hand .
Never said they did.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

well common sense would say most folks including me are against polluting and leaving garbage in the wilderness, i helped clean up mission creek before for a week and i was cursing the whole time , but at some point we have to start fixing the root causes of why someone or some family might end up in our fav spot making garbage piles and possibly doing hard drugs. .

if we can look the other way when some oil company spills barrels of toxic death , we can learn the word empathy for people that is in our community.

i have said it a million times , if someone does something violent or sexual in nature towards another human then throw the book at them , in my opinion, camping making a mess doing hard drugs doesnt fall under that for me .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
greatoutdoors

Post by greatoutdoors »

Two years ago it was 3 people squatting in a stolen RV. Took over a year to get them out and they were arrested. But not before breaking into mail boxes and three homes. Was the local people who paid the price and also had to do the clean up. 2 large roll off bins of garbage was left behind. We are tired of it.
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

greatoutdoors wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 9:36 pm Two years ago it was 3 people squatting in a stolen RV. Took over a year to get them out and they were arrested. But not before breaking into mail boxes and three homes. Was the local people who paid the price and also had to do the clean up. 2 large roll off bins of garbage was left behind. We are tired of it.
Thanks for the info greatoutdoors. There are good and bad everywhere, the good should be applauded and the bad called out.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

greatoutdoors wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 9:36 pm Two years ago it was 3 people squatting in a stolen RV. Took over a year to get them out and they were arrested. But not before breaking into mail boxes and three homes. Was the local people who paid the price and also had to do the clean up. 2 large roll off bins of garbage was left behind. We are tired of it.
Thats nice , shall i start a thread on folks who got arressted for crimes that landed them in jail that were never homeless or did drugs ?
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Sure. But I’m not sure how you’ll get all that information. Seems a bit silly to me 🤷🏾‍♂️
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Tankur wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 4:38 pm Sure. But I’m not sure how you’ll get all that information. Seems a bit silly to me 🤷🏾‍♂️
Never heard of public court cases ? Its posted online every day from every court house in canada . [icon_lol2.gif]
Harm Reduction Is Cool

Return to “Central Okanagan”