Re: Road Rage Caught On Video

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The video accompanying this item on Castanet, sure doesn't flatter the "Karen" who showed her lack of class in spades. Where do they come from anyway?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i would have opened my door real fast and hard, case closed
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

NO, that would just open a new case.
If someone was to follow the advice given above, they could be charged with vehicular assault, that is a criminal assault charge.
~It would take years and 10s of 1,000s of $$ to defend themselves in a criminal court of law.
~They could lose their driving privilege's and if that woman received any injuries from contact with that vehicle, they could be on the hook for 100s of 1,000 of dollars in civil liability suits.

How much are you prepared to pay a lawyer to defend your actions?.......Even if you win...
Bring back the LIKE button.
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

This story is oversold. Roadrage? C’mon. I’ve seen more drama between a mom and her lippy teenage kid. Videographer is snowflaking out.

B’jeezus. Everyone has a camera now and far too many think they have an interesting story to tell. Nope, sorry, your story of *bleep* off another driver is boring. How did it get posted on C’net anyway? Slow news day, I guess.

~
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

alanjh595 wrote: Aug 9th, 2022, 3:12 pm NO, that would just open a new case.
If someone was to follow the advice given above, they could be charged with vehicular assault, that is a criminal assault charge.
~It would take years and 10s of 1,000s of $$ to defend themselves in a criminal court of law.
~They could lose their driving privilege's and if that woman received any injuries from contact with that vehicle, they could be on the hook for 100s of 1,000 of dollars in civil liability suits.

How much are you prepared to pay a lawyer to defend your actions?.......Even if you win...
Opening a vehicle door striking someone is "vehicle assault" ? and the person opening the door could lose their driver's license ?

Perhaps you could site the section of the Criminal Code of Canada.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Boarder4
Fledgling

Post by Boarder4 »

She looks like a real Beast. I Wouldn’t wanna run into that thing in a dark Alley, Yikes !
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

my5cents wrote: Aug 9th, 2022, 3:46 pm

Opening a vehicle door striking someone is "vehicle assault" ? and the person opening the door could lose their driver's license ?

No it isnt especially if you were simply trying to get out and speak with her to find out the problem and she took a door in the face while trying to spit on you, which is actually assault.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The driver that was recording, was in no danger. By opening the door in an aggressive manner is assault.

The issue is, if that woman had fallen and suffered an injury due to an aggressive action, by someone using their car as a weapon....

Does anyone want to have to defend themselves against a liability suit? What is the cost of hiring a lawyer? The woman can easily get a contingency lawyer.
Bring back the LIKE button.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

On the face book she was called out for this. Had a few people post stories about her being aggressive to them. Her work at kgh was notified. She has been begging the posters to take down the posts about her. And now castanet has it. Hahahaha
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

I would have been really scared!! That wowman is hideous looking. !! Ugly enough to scare small children.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

alanjh595 wrote: Aug 9th, 2022, 4:52 pm The driver that was recording, was in no danger. By opening the door in an aggressive manner is assault.

The issue is, if that woman had fallen and suffered an injury due to an aggressive action, by someone using their car as a weapon....

Does anyone want to have to defend themselves against a liability suit? What is the cost of hiring a lawyer? The woman can easily get a contingency lawyer.
Yes, if the driver had slammed her with the door by opening it quickly, that would be assault, there is no such thing as "vehicle assault". IF he opened the door and hit her he was using a door that isn't using the car as a weapon. Certainly wouldn't have any implications to his driving privileges

Just like if he slammed the door of his home on her foot or something that wouldn't be "house assault"

If he drove at the woman with his vehicle that would be, likely dangerous driving, but now we're playing "if".

Actually the only assault we saw was by her, spitting.

If what 69cutlass posted is true the altercation with the driver is the least of her current problems, now.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

alanjh595 wrote: Aug 9th, 2022, 4:52 pm

The driver that was recording, was in no danger. By opening the door in an aggressive manner is assault.

WHAT???? [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

First off I would like to see the earlier incident probably from any thing from cameras at kgh.

Best for everyone involved to just move on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Gordon - I thought the same.. he did something he neglected to report
That said some places spitting on someone is assault ( spreading diseases, etc

Nasty cow for spitting - that alone should give her a record just for being a pig person
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”