Kelowna drug house

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Kelowna drug house

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... n-attempts how about that , like i have been saying all along , the criminal junkies run this town
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
DarbyD
Übergod

Re: Kelowna drug house

Post by DarbyD »

It took months to evict druggy tenants and clean up the notorious property on Springfield Rd too. At least the Property Standards Compliance Team finally took it serious enough to work on getting that property dealt with. In that case the "local" landlord was known to have many similar properties which the "Team" also looked at.

I feel for the absentee landlord of the Nickel Rd property, glad they are working on it.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

honestly how much more should it take to evict them,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

DarbyD wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 7:15 am ...

I feel for the absentee landlord of the Nickel Rd property, glad they are working on it.
For sure the landlord has to deal with frustrations and bureaucracy.
Oth if you go into the slumlord biz you are well aware you will be engaging with a particular segment of the population.

Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

Shaishen wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 7:45 am
DarbyD wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 7:15 am ...

Oth if you go into the slumlord biz you are well aware you will be engaging with a particular segment of the population.

I'm thinking Slumlord too, wonder if he inspected the home and met the Tenants when he took possession ??
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Patron wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 7:57 am

I'm thinking Slumlord too, wonder if he inspected the home and met the Tenants when he took possession ??
What could he do if he didn't like the tenants? He must take on the tenants that come with the house. They have yet to pay any rent.
Bring back the LIKE button.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

wrote:
The present owner inherited the tenants with the purchase of the house as per RTB rules. More likely than not the previous owner tried the eviction route himself but experienced the exact same from the RTB so the only way to rid himself of the infestation was to sell and make it someone else's problem.
Clearly it is the tenants who are the problem not the landlord who is doing everything he can to protect his property and the neighbouhood. Anyone blaming the landlord or defending these scum in any way are no better than the scum tenants.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Typical story of a lazy landlord doing everything wrong playing a victim . Case closed
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 8:33 am Typical story of a lazy landlord doing everything wrong playing a victim . Case closed
Following the RTB rules is wrong ?
Look how the RTB rules are effecting the neighbouhood.
Look how much following the RTB rules is costing each and every taxpayer in the community in law enforcements bills.

How is a landlord in Vancouver responsible for the following especially since he's only owned the property since March 2022?

2021-11-26 Report of possible drug house
2021-11-30 Report of drug activity
2021-12-04 Report of possible drug house
2021-12-05 Curfew check
2022-01-21 Traffic stop of known offender
2022-03-17 Suspicious activity as no power
2022-04-30 Assault causing bodily harm
2022-05-01 Seizure of suspected stolen bicycles
2022-05-09 Domestic dispute
2022-05-10 Assist Fortis BC
2022-05-10 Fight
2022-05-25 Noise complaint
2022-05-25 Drug seizure
2022-05-31 Noise complaint
2022-06-02 Disturbance / Arrests on warrants
2022-06-05 EHS assistance request
2022-06-05 Noise complaint / Suspicious vehicle
2022-06-10 Known offender at residence
2022-06-13 Recovered stolen vehicle
2022-06-13 Suspicious vehicles
2022-06-15 Tenancy Act
2022-06-15 Assist fire department
2022-06-18 Disturbance
2022-06-25 Noise complaint
2022-07-11 Tenancy Act
2022-07-13 Suspicious activity
2022-07-14 Tenancy Act
2022-07-27 Assist fire department
2022-08-05 Suspicious activity
2022-08-05 Stolen property
2022-08-05 Overdose
2022-08-05 Overdose
2022-08-05 Suspicious person
2022-08-08 Found property
2022-08-09 Mischief
2022-08-09 Suspicious vehicle
2022-08-11 Found property / recovered bicycle
Last edited by cv23 on Aug 13th, 2022, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

cv23 wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 8:22 am
wrote:
The present owner inherited the tenants with the purchase of the house as per RTB rules. More likely than not the previous owner tried the eviction route himself but experienced the exact same from the RTB so the only way to rid himself of the infestation was to sell and make it someone else's problem.
Clearly it is the tenants who are the problem not the landlord who is doing everything he can to protect his property and the neighbouhood. Anyone blaming the landlord or defending these scum in any way are no better than the scum tenants.
Well we don't know if he did an inspection with the Tenants that he inherited, we don't know if he does mthly inspections, we don't know anything except that he owns a rental property that have bad Tenants and he's been contacted by the City to do something about it. I agree that bad Tenants should get evicted immediately especially when they are bothering the other people in the neighbourhood, but did he do his due diligence too ??

It's not uncommon for Slumlords to rent a property that is in need of desperate repairs to rent to whomever will take the place just as long as they pay the asking rent.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

wrote:
Well we don't know if he did an inspection with the Tenants that he inherited, we don't know if he does mthly inspections, we don't know anything except that he owns a rental property that have bad Tenants and he's been contacted by the City to do something about it. I agree that bad Tenants should get evicted immediately especially when they are bothering the other people in the neighbourhood, but did he do his due diligence too ??

It's not uncommon for Slumlords to rent a property that is in need of desperate repairs to rent to whomever will take the place just as long as they pay the asking rent.
Community contact with the authorities was before the present owners possession of the property so hard to blame him. The tenants are the problem not the landlord who has tried to do everything by the rules to protect his property and the safety of the community. since taking possession.
Anyone blaming the landlord so thus defending the actions of these scum of the earth tenants is as bad, no actually worse, scum than the tenants are.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

cv23 wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 8:46 am
wrote:

The contact with the authorities the present owners possession of the property so hard to blame him. The tenants are the problem not the landlord who has tried to do everything by the rules to protect his property and the safety of the community. since taking possession.
Anyone blaming the landlord so thus defending the actions of these scum of the earth tenants is as bad, no actually worse, scum than the tenants are.
He didn't file in time and didn't have proper documentation according to the article, he could also as a Realtor hire a Property Manager if he doesn't live here. And I am not scum of the earth because I am asking some questions :up:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Patron wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 7:57 am

its pretty clear he did not, and the sutton group has him as a realtor :200: feel free to e mail him people https://www.amitchopra.com/contact/
Last edited by the truth on Aug 13th, 2022, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

wrote: He didn't file in time and didn't have proper documentation according to the article, he could also as a Realtor hire a Property Manager if he doesn't live here.
Yup blame the landlord and completely ignore who the problem is.
The RTB accepted him as the property owner at one hearing then told he didn't have proof of that fact at the next hearing?

The tenants are the lowest form of life and are exactly what is destroying our community and give tenants a bad name yet some here want to victim blame and in doing so defend the the scum who are responsible for the problem.
Why no blame for the previous owner who accepted the tenants and only blame for the property purchaser who has followed the RTB rules in order the protect the community from the scrum he was legally forced to inherit by the RTB rules?
We're the authorities called because of the actions of the landlord or because of the actions of the scum tenants?
Last edited by cv23 on Aug 13th, 2022, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

cv23 wrote: Aug 13th, 2022, 9:06 am
wrote: He didn't file in time and didn't have proper documentation according to the article, he could also as a Realtor hire a Property Manager if he doesn't live here. And I am not scum of the earth because I am asking some questions :up:
The RTB accepted him as the property owner at one hearing then told he didn't have proof of that fact at the next hearing?

The tenants are the lowest form of life and are exactly what is destroying our community and give tenants a bad name yet some here want to victim blame and in doing so defend the the scum who are responsible for the problem.
We're the authorities called because of the actions of the landlord or because of the actions of the tenants?
You have to be very prepared when filing with the RTB, that's just the way it is, and nobody is disagreeing that these are really bad Tenants. And both the LL and Tenants are to blame in this situation, the LL has rights and should have of used them, as soon as the electricity was cut off should have been a big red flag and inspections should have been made and again maybe hiring someone who lives here to look after the Property for him.

This may sound shocking but there are LL's out there that buy rundown properties and let them stay that way and don't care if they get turned into a drug den boarding house just so long as the rent is paid and they don't have to drop a dime to maintain the home.

Return to “Central Okanagan”