Kelowna drug house

Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Kelowna drug house

Post by Noisy Boater »

Patron wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 9:32 am think long and hard about voting for a person who has major connections with the criminal world, as for the brothers aiding in getting rid of these squatters, well most likely violence was threaten and most likely some of the squatters know exactly who the Habib brothers (there's another well long time known Family in this town that you do not play games with, starts with a "M") , I also wouldn't doubt that they received some money from the Owner for doing this, yes an assumption but anybody who knows this Family knows they do not do things for free.
It's probably cheaper and a lot quicker to pay a few sheckels to get some scum removed from your rental property by using a little muscle. It beats fighting with the rtb and numerous other agencies that seam to always side with the scum. My inlaws had a house in Langley that scum was renting. They didnt pay rent and when the power got shut off they tried to climb the pole and reconnect. When that didnt work they used the basement fire place and a rack from the oven to cook with . Losers.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Noisy Boater wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 10:10 am
Patron wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 9:32 am think long and hard about voting for a person who has major connections with the criminal world, as for the brothers aiding in getting rid of these squatters, well most likely violence was threaten and most likely some of the squatters know exactly who the Habib brothers (there's another well long time known Family in this town that you do not play games with, starts with a "M") , I also wouldn't doubt that they received some money from the Owner for doing this, yes an assumption but anybody who knows this Family knows they do not do things for free.
It's probably cheaper and a lot quicker to pay a few sheckels to get some scum removed from your rental property by using a little muscle. It beats fighting with the rtb and numerous other agencies that seam to always side with the scum. My inlaws had a house in Langley that scum was renting. They didnt pay rent and when the power got shut off they tried to climb the pole and reconnect. When that didnt work they used the basement fire place and a rack from the oven to cook with . Losers.
too many people think these junkies are down and out on luck and need help, many of them do not need help. they know how to play people and the system and do it very well.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

YzzzR1 wrote: Sep 19th, 2022, 9:30 am Throw 10 large at the HA's (for pest control). Problem solved.
OK, So not the HA Pest Control Inc. but I was close.
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

Noisy Boater wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 10:10 am
no doubt it's cheaper and quicker ( would have considered it myself to be honest) and I don't care what a person does to solve a problem that they are having, but just because this person got out some squatters doesn't qualify them for being a good candidate to become Mayor
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

safe to say many addicts in this town are addicts because of HA products
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Whatever method was used to remove the tenants I'm sure Mr. Chopra along with the neighbors are very, very thankful ?
He should apply for a demolition permit ASAP before either Mr. A.Gingrich or A.Martin of the RTB come after him again ?
This house is 74 years old & has been a drug den for some time so it probably would take thousands of dollars to make it livable again ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

one wheel wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 1:52 pm Whatever method was used to remove the tenants I'm sure Mr. Chopra along with the neighbors are very, very thankful ?
He should apply for a demolition permit ASAP before either Mr. A.Gingrich or A.Martin of the RTB come after him again ?
This house is 74 years old & has been a drug den for some time so it probably would take thousands of dollars to make it livable again ?
safe bet other trash will move in soon ,if they do not demolish it.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

the truth wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 1:54 pm
one wheel wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 1:52 pm Whatever method was used to remove the tenants I'm sure Mr. Chopra along with the neighbors are very, very thankful ?
Of course the new owner will demolish it.
New development on that property, along with the one next door that he also owns, was always the main goal.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 2:04 pm
the truth wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 1:54 pm
New development on that property, along with the one next door that he also owns, was always the main goal.
:up: but you cannot keep a property here vacant for more than 6mths or you have to pay the spec or vac tax, so letting the place get trashed by squatters who probably took out anything of cheap value (which the owner now has one less thing to pay for to get rid of disposing) and it being occupied probably didn't hurt him a bit. It was the complaints from the surrounding neighbours to Bylaw and Police that forced him to take some action, but he truly in my opinion didn't give one flying frisbee about the Tenants that he inherited and how they were having a huge affect with the surrounding neighbours and neighbourhood
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'm happy to see someone used the word shekel
Let them take over one house and they decide they can get away with it others

btw, wonder where the " tenants" moved to? Bet not Upper Mission or the Madison
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm paying $75 month for vacant property insurance, and that's a condo in an old building. And I have to check it every 72 hours.

What rules will the owner of the Nickel Road property be playing by? I imagine the inside of the house is totalled beyond repair, or reasonable repair by now. Stories like this make rentals all the more expensive and I can hardly imagine that's even possible when a rural property in the middle of nowhere is listed at over $2K/month.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 2:04 pm
the truth wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 1:54 pm safe bet other trash will move in soon ,if they do not demolish it.
Called it. :D
Now Chopra, who also owns the adjacent property wants to level those homes to make way for a 12-unit townhouse development.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ...
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Good news. :smt045
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

the truth wrote: Feb 7th, 2023, 3:24 pm Good news. :smt045
Now they can have 12 drug houses! :200: :smt045 :200: :smt045
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

lensbaby wrote: Feb 7th, 2023, 4:47 pm Now they can have 12 drug houses! :200: :smt045 :200: :smt045
Same owner involved is not a promising thing, indeed.

Return to “Central Okanagan”