Another case of needing tougher laws.

lensbaby
Board Meister

Another case of needing tougher laws.

Post by lensbaby »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... Rail-Trail

The police must be so frustrated - all that time to catch them and they are released with a promise to appear in over 3 months time!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Another case of needing tougher laws.

Post by the truth »

lensbaby wrote: Aug 26th, 2022, 11:42 am https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... Rail-Trail

The police must be so frustrated - all that time to catch them and they are released with a promise to appear in over 3 months time!
agree, will they even show up for there court date-good chance they will not-
will they be committing crimes as we speak-yup-
scumbag lawyers and judges cut them lose
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

The RCMP just charged three people for the Rail Trail assault but they have been released & their Court date isn't until mid December ?
Why hasn't the Provincial Government assigned more Judges to get the backlog of cases processed ?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

OK, for starters YES, there is plenty wrong here.

For starters, it's hard for me to figure out what the reporter is talking about:
• "arrested three men in connection to an attack"
• "the men stole the teen's bike, shoes and cell phone and left him with a fractured skull and collapsed lung"
•" three Kelowna men were arrested ..... for the alleged assault"

So we have the theft of goods, involving violence. In the entire story we don't see the word ROBBERY. That's a bit strange since that's exactly what this is. It is not an assault, it is not a theft, it's a robbery. Period. OK, got that off my chest,, gee I love the media....

Down the road, yes we will see our lenient courts and prosecutors plead this down to something minor and even if it is not plead down we will see a sentence that will be FAR LESS than any of the three deserve. After the weak sentence, the media will not advise the ignorant public that of course at WORST the accused will serve 2/3's of that weak sentence and likely less, even as short as 1/3 of the sentence.

But to start this farce off we first go to the Canadian pre-sentence release policies and let these fine fellows out so they can continue their contributions to society.

But if we didn't let them out, the other farcical "extra credit for pre-sentence custody" would come into effect and while they are cooling their heels they's be getting credit for 1½ days for every day they served in pre-sentence custody.

With the twin ridiculous court delays and sentences, by the time they got to trial they'd already served their time.

Love this country.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my5cents wrote: Aug 26th, 2022, 1:45 pm OK, for starters YES, there is plenty wrong here.

For starters, it's hard for me to figure out what the reporter is talking about:
• "arrested three men in connection to an attack"
• "the men stole the teen's bike, shoes and cell phone and left him with a fractured skull and collapsed lung"
•" three Kelowna men were arrested ..... for the alleged assault"

So we have the theft of goods, involving violence. In the entire story we don't see the word ROBBERY. That's a bit strange since that's exactly what this is. It is not an assault, it is not a theft, it's a robbery. Period. OK, got that off my chest,, gee I love the media....

Down the road, yes we will see our lenient courts and prosecutors plead this down to something minor and even if it is not plead down we will see a sentence that will be FAR LESS than any of the three deserve. After the weak sentence, the media will not advise the ignorant public that of course at WORST the accused will serve 2/3's of that weak sentence and likely less, even as short as 1/3 of the sentence.

But to start this farce off we first go to the Canadian pre-sentence release policies and let these fine fellows out so they can continue their contributions to society.

But if we didn't let them out, the other farcical "extra credit for pre-sentence custody" would come into effect and while they are cooling their heels they's be getting credit for 1½ days for every day they served in pre-sentence custody.

With the twin ridiculous court delays and sentences, by the time they got to trial they'd already served their time.

Love this country.
pretty much covered it all , sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
I_am_a_Liberal
Übergod

Post by I_am_a_Liberal »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 27th, 2022, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 27th, 2022, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Canadian In-justice system will kick in and the three robbers will be "vulnerable people" who are "deprived of other people's goods" while living "complex lives."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”