2000$ fine fatal accident

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: 2000$ fine fatal accident

Post by MAPearce »

Nedroj wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 7:40 am
MAPearce wrote: Nov 16th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Obviously .. But if you went there to compare it to this ..

You're a VERY sick and twisted person ...

You need help .. really effing bad dood ...

I hope you get it .
You are missing the context of my response.

A poster said that just the Social Ostrazation alone is enough of a punishment for this woman and she doesn't deserve a fine or any jail time. And to that, I responded with "Lots of criminals are socially ostracized", which doesn't count as a form of punishment but merely a consequence of one's actions. and here I was just providing a couple of examples of Socially ostracized criminals that should get no remorse from the public. And neither should she.

To use such a vile human guilty of multiple heinous crimes in this thread goes beyond disgusting. The kid made a horrible, horrible mistake. Herself AND her family will live with it forever
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Alex Jones said some mean words. Gets fined 1,500,000,000 dollars. Someone kills someone and gets fined $2,000. hmmm.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you cannot be jailed in Canada under 18
SNIP
Can youth go to jail in Canada?
In 2012, Parliament passed an amendment that provides that a young person who is under the age of 18 at the time of sentencing must be placed in a youth custody facility. Thus, no young person under 18 can serve any portion of a sentence in a provincial correctional centre for adults or a penitentiary.Jul 7, 2021
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

This thread needs to fade into the abyss . A kid made a tragic error that cost the life of a man AND her own family . Think about it . The family of the ACCIDENT victim can move on IF they choose to lose the hate and anger they choose but the drivers family will be forever chastised , criticized , vilified , shunned ... People will always talk behind and point fingers behind their backs

This thread is the perfect example of that ..

I'm sure that's the reason I haven't seen her kid sister or mother at the hockey rink this year or last ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

MAPearce wrote: Nov 19th, 2022, 4:20 pm This thread needs to fade into the abyss . A kid made a tragic error that cost the life of a man AND her own family . Think about it . The family of the ACCIDENT victim can move on IF they choose to lose the hate and anger they choose but the drivers family will be forever chastised , criticized , vilified , shunned ... People will always talk behind and point fingers behind their backs

I'm sure that's the reason I haven't seen her kid sister or mother at the hockey rink this year or last ...
No no . They are unvaxxed and weren’t allowed back.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Tankur wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 10:51 am
MAPearce wrote: Nov 19th, 2022, 4:20 pm This thread needs to fade into the abyss . A kid made a tragic error that cost the life of a man AND her own family . Think about it . The family of the ACCIDENT victim can move on IF they choose to lose the hate and anger they choose but the drivers family will be forever chastised , criticized , vilified , shunned ... People will always talk behind and point fingers behind their backs

No no . They are unvaxxed and weren’t allowed back.
Really man ?
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

Nedroj wrote: Nov 16th, 2022, 7:17 am
normaM wrote: Nov 16th, 2022, 6:16 am She has to live with what happened for the rest of her Life, that alone should be punishment enough
*bleep*, no that isnt enough.

You could use that excuse for a lot of criminals these days.

Do you feel the woman that was drunk driving in Vernon, ran through a red light and killed one nurse, and seriously injured another nurse shouldn't have received jail time because she was ostracized on social media and by her peers?

What about William Pickton, Im sure if he ever gets out of jail he will be ostracized by everyone around him.

If you start with one it will only lead to that same excuse used by other more serious criminals.
Unfortunately as you can see on this board, rational thinking and personal responsibility are being eroded away - by sloppy, emotional thinking. Which manifest in absurd emotional appeal and straw-man tangents.

eg. I'm a Castaneter and I've driven on the wrong side of the road plenty of times so I assume everyone has (no, many of us haven't), and since I got away with it, and since MOST of the time nothing tragic will happen, it would....THUS BE FAIR NOT TO PUNISH WHEN SOMETHING DOES GO HORRIBLY WRONG. LOL

Uh...no....the reason we should punish harshly when something goes wrong, is because the potential is completely foreseeable and we want people to take that potential seriously.

These same people would of course scream to throw drunk drivers in jail - though the same arguments apply (most of the time nothing goes wrong)....but not here....because...hey EIGHTEEN (yes.... unprincipled thinking at it's finest... forgiven for age....even worse it the totally irrational: you can't expect an 18 yr old to drive like they're "experienced" - so therefore...innocent!)

This place never ceases to amaze, or be a showcase for the deteriorating faculties of society as a whole. Then this whole board will be whining 5 min. later about deteriorating standards of responsibility and conduct....lol. Just depends how the emotions hit them in each story.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

ash71 wrote: Nov 16th, 2022, 8:56 am HOWEVER you were not just speeding but excessive speeding in the rain as a kid. That's just you being stupid and likely you were fully aware of the laws you were breaking...
Wow...speeding? Whew.. yeah you nailed him ash71! He probably even knew it. It's not like when peopled drive on the opposite of the road on a curve - that's not "stupid" and who knew there were laws against it? GOOD ONE BUD.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

I wish that were so....public shunning may be the only form of justice available - but it won't happen. She'll be embraced by many - even treated as the victim. Emotions rule the day, not principle. Her age and gender will help - poor baby....an unpleasant 60 yr old man? Well... he'd be seen differently. Importantly, people move on VERY quickly, and this isn't national news. If she had killed a celeb.... WELL THEN... lynch mob unite! This man? Beyond his kids, the crowd won't remember a thing...nor will they give him a thought in 2 days. Nobody thinks of people murdered in this valley from 6 months ago, let alone 2 years ago.....let alone 20 years ago. Actually I know of a couple of young violent criminals who have moved on, and live a carefree life now in regard to their past abominations. YOLO, no regrets you know....and nobody recognizes or knows them. lol. You guys don't even remember the victim's name right now, or what she or her "family" look like, nor will any of you be waxing on about this - you'll move on to the latest sexy headlines within the week - and you're the biggest busybodies in the valley! LOL. Such unrealistic takes....I think this board is getting further and further out of touch - and that's saying something.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

A lot of the same Castaneters:

A person who SELLS illegal drugs to an 18 yr old who SEEKS THEM OUT AND PAYS THEM FOR IT is a murderer! Life in prison! Death sentence! Murderer!!

(and hey, I'm fine with those punishments - thought they are far from "murderers")

18 yr old DRIVES HER VEHICLE DIRECTLY into a man for no known or defendable reason (in ideal conditions) - well that's an ACCIDENT! She's...inexperienced! Jail time? So harsh and unjust!
spooker

Post by spooker »

And now we have this ...
A judge in Penticton will need more time to decide whether to put a man behind bars after his dangerous driving resulted in the death of a young woman in Hedley in 2019.

Judge Shannon Keyes previously ruled that Andrey Malyshev, 49, was guilty of dangerous driving during a March 2019 incident. Alanna Dunn, 29, was killed in a crash between her vehicle and the commercial truck Malyshev was driving.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ash#398149
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

spooker wrote: Nov 24th, 2022, 4:46 pm And now we have this ...
A judge in Penticton will need more time to decide whether to put a man behind bars after his dangerous driving resulted in the death of a young woman in Hedley in 2019.

Judge Shannon Keyes previously ruled that Andrey Malyshev, 49, was guilty of dangerous driving during a March 2019 incident. Alanna Dunn, 29, was killed in a crash between her vehicle and the commercial truck Malyshev was driving.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ash#398149
And this is our reality, a Woman crosses the centerline, hits another vehicle and kills the driver, and gets a motor vehicle charge for Driving without care or attention. Which results in a fine of 2,000$

A Man crosses the centerline, hits another vehicle and kills the driver, and gets charged with Dangerous Driving causing Death. Which might result in Jail time.
Malyshev did not set out that morning with the intent of having this accident or killing a person through this incident,” he said.
This is the exact same excuse given by previous posters on this thread in defense of the woman. Where's your defense of the man?
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
spooker

Post by spooker »

Nedroj wrote: Nov 25th, 2022, 7:43 am And this is our reality, a Woman crosses the centerline, hits another vehicle and kills the driver, and gets a motor vehicle charge for Driving without care or attention. Which results in a fine of 2,000$

A Man crosses the centerline, hits another vehicle and kills the driver, and gets charged with Dangerous Driving causing Death. Which might result in Jail time.
Malyshev did not set out that morning with the intent of having this accident or killing a person through this incident,” he said.
This is the exact same excuse given by previous posters on this thread in defense of the woman. Where's your defense of the man?
They certainly didn't set out with that intention but neither did it seem that they intended to drive with the care required to make sure these events didn't happen ... we've been trained to be numb to road violence, we've been sold on how we need to drive everywhere in a nice car on empty roads ... we've been told we're entitled to self-driving cars and all the safety gadgets ... why do we need so many safety devices? because we know people will make mistakes, but instead of taking responsibility to design roads that minimize damage we just sigh and go back to checking the text msgs on our phones

Return to “Central Okanagan”