Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Your Kelowna in 2023, in the Aftermath of Basran; is Better, is Worse or is just the Same?

1. Basran made my Kelowna Better
26
19%
2. Basran made my Kelowna Worse
93
68%
3. Basran had no impact on my Kelowna
17
13%
 
Total votes: 136

User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33556
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by the truth »

marvin gardens wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 12:47 pm Kelowna had an election in October 2022.
The electorate decided they wanted a new mayor.
The mayor, Basran has now been gone for 5 months.
Is it time to move on?
far from it, he has a court date for a sex assault charge,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LeroyJ
Fledgling
Posts: 318
Joined: Feb 17th, 2023, 8:15 am

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by LeroyJ »

raft-cove wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 10:15 am Seems there used to be many loud supporters of Basran who have now vanished after his election loss. What happened to them?
Maybe they’re the exact opposite of Trump supporters and can move on after the candidate they voted for lost an election.

What were you expecting them to do?
User avatar
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4267
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by Anonymous123 »

the truth wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 12:54 pm
marvin gardens wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 12:47 pm Kelowna had an election in October 2022.
The electorate decided they wanted a new mayor.
The mayor, Basran has now been gone for 5 months.
Is it time to move on?
far from it, he has a court date for a sex assault charge,
That has nothing to do with the public. He is no longer Mayor. Do you track and vilify members of the public that have broken the law in the same hateful manner as you do with Basran?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
raft-cove
Übergod
Posts: 1582
Joined: Aug 29th, 2013, 1:34 am

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by raft-cove »

LeroyJ wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 1:01 pm
raft-cove wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 10:15 am Seems there used to be many loud supporters of Basran who have now vanished after his election loss. What happened to them?
Maybe they’re the exact opposite of Trump supporters and can move on after the candidate they voted for lost an election.

What were you expecting them to do?
Guess the Basran crowd were just a fickle fan club of followers. Now that his image is tarnished they don't want to be associated with him. Fascinating behavior from what was once the very loud promoters of Liberal $cience
VaxxNOTsafe.

Why are so many children suffering from MYOCARDITIS?

Okanagan Landlords are the Forrest Gumps of the Investment World.

Parabolic Real Estate values are NOT sustainable at 5% mortgage rates, Ask Tiff.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 54812
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by Bsuds »

LeroyJ wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 1:01 pm
raft-cove wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 10:15 am Seems there used to be many loud supporters of Basran who have now vanished after his election loss. What happened to them?
Maybe they’re the exact opposite of Trump supporters and can move on after the candidate they voted for lost an election.

What were you expecting them to do?
:up: :up:
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33556
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by the truth »

raft-cove wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 5:35 pm
LeroyJ wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 1:01 pm
Maybe they’re the exact opposite of Trump supporters and can move on after the candidate they voted for lost an election.

What were you expecting them to do?
Guess the Basran crowd were just a fickle fan club of followers. Now that his image is tarnished they don't want to be associated with him. Fascinating behavior from what was once the very loud promoters of Liberal $cience
indeed. :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LeroyJ
Fledgling
Posts: 318
Joined: Feb 17th, 2023, 8:15 am

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by LeroyJ »

raft-cove wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 5:35 pm
LeroyJ wrote: Mar 5th, 2023, 1:01 pm
Maybe they’re the exact opposite of Trump supporters and can move on after the candidate they voted for lost an election.

What were you expecting them to do?
Guess the Basran crowd were just a fickle fan club of followers. Now that his image is tarnished they don't want to be associated with him. Fascinating behavior from what was once the very loud promoters of Liberal $cience
Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by this. What did you expect people who voted for him to do after he lost the election?
Hornswoggle
Fledgling
Posts: 259
Joined: Jun 1st, 2007, 8:02 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by Hornswoggle »

So whats happening with the alleged sexual offender Colin Basran?
Wasn’t there a thread about it on here?
Hornswoggle
Fledgling
Posts: 259
Joined: Jun 1st, 2007, 8:02 pm

Re: Former mayor in some hot water

Post by Hornswoggle »

Lots of removed posts. Should give them a time out
So whats going on with the alleged sexual offender Colin Basran?
No time to run the court docket. Busy working and posting on forums
User avatar
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10783
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Former mayor in some hot water

Post by Ken7 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 14th, 2023, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
User avatar
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2352
Joined: Jun 26th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Re: Former mayor in some hot water

Post by The_quiet_one »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 14th, 2023, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Challenging moderator.
Hornswoggle
Fledgling
Posts: 259
Joined: Jun 1st, 2007, 8:02 pm

Re: Former mayor in some hot water

Post by Hornswoggle »

My post was removed too for being off topic. My apologies mods lol
Anyone seen Basran in public and what a joke, the lawyers and judge discuss proceedings on phone?
I wonder if firemen would have still thrown their support behind Basran knowing he may be a sexual offender, as reported on castanet
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... incumbents
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33556
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Former mayor in some hot water

Post by the truth »

what is being said about basran here is no different than any other story that comes out about anyone else waiting for there sexual assault court date *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 14th, 2023, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you have questions about the board contact the moderators.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33556
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by the truth »

Hornswoggle wrote: Mar 14th, 2023, 10:43 am So whats happening with the alleged sexual offender Colin Basran?
Wasn’t there a thread about it on here?
viewtopic.php?p=3168227#p3168227
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33556
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”