Overdose home deliveries

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Overdose home deliveries

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... n-supplies, is this where we are as a society , :200: home delivery for junkies, sad days ahead indeed
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Patron
Lord of the Board

Re: Overdose home deliveries

Post by Patron »

for the love of god I hope this service isn't free because if it is this is insulting to every person with a serious medical condition who can barely afford to pay for their meds.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Doesn't everyone deserve Skip The Dishes? I thought everyone was all for conveniences in this life ...
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

spooker wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:24 pm Doesn't everyone deserve Skip The Dishes? I thought everyone was all for conveniences in this life ...
sure if you pay for it, like I said I sure hope it's not free because that is just wrong
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I mean, it's available to everybody if you think you're missing out on
The following supplies are available: 0.5cc syringes, 1cc syringes, alcohol swabs, bubble pipes, coloured straws, cookers, fentanyl test strips, foil, glass stems, naloxone kits, screens, sharps disposal boxes, stem/crack kits, sterile water, tourniquets, tubing and vitamin C.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:16 pm for the love of god I hope this service isn't free because if it is this is insulting to every person with a serious medical condition who can barely afford to pay for their meds.
You are free to start your own service.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

JLives wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:45 pm
Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:16 pm for the love of god I hope this service isn't free because if it is this is insulting to every person with a serious medical condition who can barely afford to pay for their meds.
You are free to start your own service.
like I said if it's being paid for by the user than fine but if those supplies are being paid for by the tax payer than no way
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:52 pm... if those supplies are being paid for by the tax payer than no way
No, end users don't pay.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:53 pm
Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:52 pm... if those supplies are being paid for by the tax payer than no way
No, end users don't pay.
unbelievable :200: this is so wrong
Boarder4
Fledgling

Post by Boarder4 »

You’d think these people would just die out eventually, but they keep popping up ?
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

No, end users don't pay.
The Bridge is a not for profit registered charity. They depend on donations from the community to run these programs. Get your heads out of your a$$es and maybe think that some people in our community need support. Don't worry, your precious tax dollars are safe from the evils of addiction.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

AMEN!

I work with those people every freaking day! They cant' get out. They can hardly get groceries in. I mean, the addicts get all that AND Vitamin C?

Someone in the government is making a lot of money off what the addicts use. That can be the only driving force here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

ash71 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:47 pm

No, end users don't pay.
The Bridge is a not for profit registered charity. They depend on donations from the community to run these programs. Get your heads out of your a$$es and maybe think that some people in our community need support. Don't worry, your precious tax dollars are safe from the evils of addiction.
so they pay for all the supplies then and not just the delivery service ? so that's fine, but no, if the tax payers have to pay for the supplies. Otherwise get off your a$$ and go get your own gear to get high that's given to you freely at any harm reduction site that's already available
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:52 pm like I said if it's being paid for by the user than fine but if those supplies are being paid for by the tax payer than no way
The Bridge Youth & Family Services Society is a not-for-profit, registered charity that has provided innovative and quality programming to the children, youth and families of the Central Okanagan since 1969.
You can donate here:

https://www.thebridgeservices.ca/
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ash71 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:47 pm

No, end users don't pay.
From their website,
Funding partners INTERIOR HEALTH, as in TAXPAYERS.

No, our tax dollars are not safe from these forever sucking leaches.
Screenshot_20221126-210638_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Central Okanagan”