Overdose home deliveries

one wheel
Übergod

Re: Overdose home deliveries

Post by one wheel »

I thought the focus of The Bridge was to help people with addictions recover & IMO this idea is dumber than dumb & shouldn't have ever seen the light of day.
For those who think that a Non Profit means the work is done for free just check on Google & see that these Organizations pay large salaries.
I don't believe that any of these Organizations really want anyone to recover because there's too much money being made ?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

this ought not to be happening
maybe I'm overtired and cranky but it pizzes me off
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

This is great!
I need a new pipe, screens and some Vitamin c
Did ya know smoking cigs and weed sucks vitamin c out of you?
How about free weed too? Feel like I am being discriminated against cause I am not a junkie
Patron
Lord of the Board

Re: overdose home deliveries

Post by Patron »

bb49 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 9:10 pm
ash71 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:47 pm
The Bridge is a not for profit registered charity. They depend on donations from the community to run these programs. Get your heads out of your a$$es and maybe think that some people in our community need support. Don't worry, your precious tax dollars are safe from the evils of addiction.
From their website,
Funding partners INTERIOR HEALTH, as in TAXPAYERS.

No, our tax dollars are not safe from these forever sucking leaches.
Screenshot_20221126-210638_Samsung Internet.jpg
thanks for posting, so we are helping pay for this stupid idea. Can't fund Treatment or Detox centers ( this program has a hot 10 beds available) which could actually help save a life and make the person healthy but we have the funds to help keep them sick and die slowly ? who is making these stupid backwards decisions ?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

and delivery 7 days a week
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Patron wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 7:04 am
bb49 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 9:10 pm
From their website,
Funding partners INTERIOR HEALTH, as in TAXPAYERS.

No, our tax dollars are not safe from these forever sucking leaches.
Screenshot_20221126-210638_Samsung Internet.jpg
thanks for posting, so we are helping pay for this stupid idea. Can't fund Treatment or Detox centers ( this program has a hot 10 beds available) which could actually help save a life and make the person healthy but we have the funds to help keep them sick and die slowly ? who is making these stupid backwards decisions ?
This makes me so angry. When are diabetics getting free drugs and supplies delivered 24/7?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
bidwell2
Fledgling

Post by bidwell2 »

OD deaths will continue to climb, as will the number of addicted.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

gardengirl wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 1:36 pm
Patron wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 7:04 am

This makes me so angry. When are diabetics getting free drugs and supplies delivered 24/7?
:up: it's literally insanity I don't even think that diabetic drug tests strips are free(?) and cancer meds have to be delivered by UPS because there's nobody available ( $$-?) or volunteering to do it but drug testing kits to get high are (7 days a wk too) and you have all the gear to get a "safe high " so hopefully you'll live for the next one which will be within hrs. this could not be more insane
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

So they are providing all the tools necessary for users to CONTINUE their drug habits; just not providing the illegal drugs themselves. What a joke and waste of time and money (no matter who provides the funds). They would be far better off to put efforts and money into helping these people get OFF the darned drugs and clean.

Also tired of the Government providing free room, board for druggies yet not putting much effort into proper rehab facilities. They should only allow those druggies into shelters who sign a waver saying they will get OFF the stuff and that they WANT to be rehabilitated and then darn well help them!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pentona wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 3:09 pm So they are providing all the tools necessary for users to CONTINUE their drug habits; just not providing the illegal drugs themselves. What a joke and waste of time and money (no matter who provides the funds). They would be far better off to put efforts and money into helping these people get OFF the darned drugs and clean.

Also tired of the Government providing free room, board for druggies yet not putting much effort into proper rehab facilities. They should only allow those druggies into shelters who sign a waver saying they will get OFF the stuff and that they WANT to be rehabilitated and then darn well help them!
more money to be made in keeping them high https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3626407/

this is only a 2009 ontario stat only, now imagine a 2022 canada wide stat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:26 pm
spooker wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:24 pm Doesn't everyone deserve Skip The Dishes? I thought everyone was all for conveniences in this life ...
sure if you pay for it, like I said I sure hope it's not free because that is just wrong
I disagree , its right because dealing with ppl in a er or in person is way more expensive than this . Case closed
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Patron wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:52 pm
JLives wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:45 pm

You are free to start your own service.
like I said if it's being paid for by the user than fine but if those supplies are being paid for by the tax payer than no way
Its not up to you . My mom works for interior health an today i will tell her right on :up:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

normaM wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 8:07 am and delivery 7 days a week
Good
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

bidwell2 wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 1:37 pm OD deaths will continue to climb, as will the number of addicted.
Yes ppl are being prescribed opiates every day :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Patron wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 2:45 pm
gardengirl wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 1:36 pm

:up: it's literally insanity I don't even think that diabetic drug tests strips are free(?) and cancer meds have to be delivered by UPS because there's nobody available ( $$-?) or volunteering to do it but drug testing kits to get high are (7 days a wk too) and you have all the gear to get a "safe high " so hopefully you'll live for the next one which will be within hrs. this could not be more insane
They are just tryn to not feel sick . That is it .
Harm Reduction Is Cool

Return to “Central Okanagan”