Police disrupt People Harrasing Patrons

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Police disrupt People Harrasing Patrons

Post by Mazdatruck »

Jonrox wrote: Dec 13th, 2022, 1:35 pm but when you start protesting these venues and spewing hate...
The protesters are questioning why children are bring brought to sexualized dance shows.

No hate involved.

The people who SAY there is hate involved will also tell you that it's "hate" to say that a man can't give birth.

Context on the term "hate".
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

ash71 wrote: Dec 13th, 2022, 1:09 pm Are you asking because you want to know? I'm sure someone could help you learn all about drag if you were remotely interested in opening your mind past your homophobia.
Where is a "Emily Carr" type of professional, artistic drag queen association that is not affiliated in any way with any LGBT or marginalized sexual advocacy group?

I'd be hard pressed to find a world class professional ballet school that is run out the back of the local LGBT club, but there are hundreds of 100% artistic ballet schools in North America that have zero association with anything other than ballet and nobody there cares about anything other than if you can dance. In fact I'd guess that many male ballet dancers have alternative sexual preferences but what does that have to do with ballet? Nothing at all. There is no political/social agenda attached to ballet.

If drag has nothing to do with sex, then show how drag is not always attached to sexual advocacy groups.

If drag has nothing to do with sex - why do supporters label detractors as "homophobic?"

If I dont like a Normal Rockwell painting is anyone going to say I'm full of hate? If I bring my child to a HR Giger (very questionable for a child to be exposed to "adult/horror art) art exhibit are people going to celebrate my wokeness or will they quetion why a child is being exposed to something that is very obviously for adults?

Attaching DRAG to homosexuals (calling me homophobic) - I thought drag wasn't about sex? If you're homophonic by questioning all ages drag queen shows - but drag queens have nothing to do with sex apparently - so please explain that one!

If drag is just about art, then why bring up homophobia? How are they related?
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Dec 13th, 2022, 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

If you don't support drag shows you can just sit down and shut up,
I don't support CHILDREN at drag shows.

Children cannot consent to their parents social justice insanity.

This is a community/social issue, not individuals rights.

Telling people to sit down and shut up while grown men in panties twerk infront of children...good luck with that!
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Which parents get high fives, compliments and social points when they bring their very young children to R-Rated movies?

In my family, we used to call families like that "trashy".
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 13th, 2022, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
spooker

Post by spooker »

It's interesting knowing both personalities of a drag performer, amazing how they can apply the drag persona with such depth then when you have conversations when they are back in their normal mode it's quite enlightening ...

My questions spur performative answers while in drag but the same questions will elicit seriousness when back in original mode ...
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
VaxisSafe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by VaxisSafe »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 13th, 2022, 4:02 pm
If you don't support drag shows you can just sit down and shut up,
I don't support CHILDREN at drag shows.

Children cannot consent to their parents social justice insanity.

This is a community/social issue, not individuals rights.

Telling people to sit down and shut up while grown men in panties twerk infront of children...good luck with that!

I attended the event in question, and there was no "twerking in front of children."

It was some dudes wearing wigs who helped fundraise a butt-load of money and toys for needy families over the holiday season.

I've attached a pic from the event. Perhaps someone can explain to me where the twerking and sexual activity can be found? The kids look pretty darn happy...
Attachments
6D239ADB-45D8-43D5-A313-3D025FBEFEE1.jpeg
Last edited by VaxisSafe on Dec 13th, 2022, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VaxisSafe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by VaxisSafe »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 13th, 2022, 3:44 pm If drag is just about art, then why bring up homophobia? How are they related?
Might have something to to with the vast majority of anti drag people continually making homophobic comments about lgbt stuff being "shoved in their faces," strange remarks about "alphabet people" and various other spiteful remarks that come across as insanely homophobic.

Return to “Central Okanagan”