Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

LittleBoy

Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by LittleBoy »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... n-Peterson

When is enough, enough?
Mistake after bumbling mistake Merrifield cannot seem to keep her fingers off her phone, quoting anti-LGBTQ and misogynistic 'doctor' Jordan Peterson. This is WHILE she holds the portfolio of Liberal critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion!! She either doesn't 'get it' or she is utterly incompetent as a political leader. One day I'm reading about how her forecast for the next year is full of doom and gloom, not offering any suggestions as to how to improve the quality of life for residents of her consistency. And today she's making headlines quoting a misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ proponent. Not to mention her tone of supporting, "..a lot of trans-exclusionary activists. She retracted a Twitter-like about some laws that had changed in the U.S. that were discriminatory toward trans people."

There is something truly offensive about someone who takes a position of power and influence in public office to shine a negative light on some of our most vulnerable citizens. Renee, you should be ashamed of yourself and you really need to smarten up with your Twitter engagement. Just because you don't understand the gravity of what your quote might mean to others isn't as you called it, "...nothing more than someone trying to make something of an issue that it simply is not." It truly shows that you either don't support the LGBTQ community, or you're too dumb to understand it, my thoughts are a bit of both.

If the BC Liberals and Kevin Falcan had any integrity, they would remove Merrifield as critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion ASAP, before she can :cuss: anything up any further. She's been a slow-moving car wreck for the past 2.5 years. I ask the public, what has Merrifield done to better our community in these last 2.5 years other than negativity and controversy?
Last edited by ferri on Jan 5th, 2023, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by Mazdatruck »

Jordan Peterson is not transphobic.

Jordan Peterson does not believe in COMPELLED SPEECH by threat of force.

Remember the people calling Jordan Peterson 'Transphobic" will also tell you that men can get pregnant and if you disagree you are the same as Jordan Peterson.

Forced political speech censorship - the new left's CORE VALUE.

Gender Theory is a religious cult.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

The "woke" always cringe when someone is speaking out common sense.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 6th, 2023, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

LittleBoy wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... n-Peterson

When is enough, enough?
Mistake after bumbling mistake Merrifield cannot seem to keep her fingers off her phone, quoting anti-LGBTQ and misogynistic 'doctor' Jordan Peterson. This is WHILE she holds the portfolio of Liberal critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion!! She either doesn't 'get it' or she is utterly incompetent as a political leader. One day I'm reading about how her forecast for the next year is full of doom and gloom, not offering any suggestions as to how to improve the quality of life for residents of her consistency. And today she's making headlines quoting a misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ proponent. Not to mention her tone of supporting, "..a lot of trans-exclusionary activists. She retracted a Twitter-like about some laws that had changed in the U.S. that were discriminatory toward trans people."

There is something truly offensive about someone who takes a position of power and influence in public office to shine a negative light on some of our most vulnerable citizens. Renee, you should be ashamed of yourself and you really need to smarten up with your Twitter engagement. Just because you don't understand the gravity of what your quote might mean to others isn't as you called it, "...nothing more than someone trying to make something of an issue that it simply is not." It truly shows that you either don't support the LGBTQ community, or you're too dumb to understand it, my thoughts are a bit of both.

If the BC Liberals and Kevin Falcan had any integrity, they would remove Merrifield as critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion ASAP, before she can :cuss: anything up any further. She's been a slow-moving car wreck for the past 2.5 years. I ask the public, what has Merrifield done to better our community in these last 2.5 years other than negativity and controversy?
Never knew their name. Didn't even know we had a "Liberal Critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion".
What a waste of tax dollars. I'm sure the money could be better used, elsewhere.
I haven't failed until I quit.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

This is what one of the major issues in Canada today, the ability to have a discussion without being labeled racist, discrimitory etc. I guess it's part of this "woke" situation we're living in today. I don't think things are going to end well. Just saying
spooker

Post by spooker »

Peterson's entire platform is more about disrespecting people, not using their preferred pronouns ... his position is ridiculous in that he doesn't respect people's choices ...

If we had better respect for people the directive that he pushed back on wouldn't have even needed to exist ...

Though yes, seeing Merrifield push his tweets is not surprising and another reason to see that she is in over her head ...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

spooker wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 6:35 pm Peterson's entire platform is more about disrespecting people, not using their preferred pronouns ... his position is ridiculous in that he doesn't respect people's choices ...
What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 6:35 pm Peterson's entire platform is more about disrespecting people, not using their preferred pronouns ... his position is ridiculous in that he doesn't respect people's choices ...
What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
As stated before, the rule came about because of the lack of respect ... the lack of respect didn't come from the rule ...
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

LittleBoy wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... n-Peterson

When is enough, enough?

Why do you have such hatred for Peterson? The man tries to help people get a grip on their lives and improve themselves. That bothers you for some reason?
Do you know anything he has actually said, or is it all I read about someone who read about something?

I am sorry but the way you describe Dr Peterson makes everything else you say highly questionable in integrity and value.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

If we had better respect for people the directive that he pushed back on wouldn't have even needed to exist ...

Though yes, seeing Merrifield push his tweets is not surprising and another reason to see that she is in over her head ...
His entire platform? That is an absolutely false statement. You clearly are talking about things you have no knowledge of.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

What is wrong with this?
Is anything wrong?

Regardless of what side of politics, everyone should be able to engage in open dialog. When we stop critically thinking and asking questions, we are all doomed. When silence is demanded and threats made, democracy ends.

It terrifies me that people oppose these words.
If it continues, democracy will end.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

I have no problem with this. You guys, you shouldn’t either. Nice to see common sense in here
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Peterson would have a heyday with the woke touchy/feely on castanet. I would think by some of the ridiculous posts, a few of the male posters here obviously do not wear the pants in THAT family and are following instructions from someone mentally stronger..........OOOOOP's...........can I say that?........NAH, only joking........I CAN say that!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Staredintoabyss wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 8:31 pm

His entire platform? That is an absolutely false statement. You clearly are talking about things you have no knowledge of.
Pretty much what he developed all his notoriety for ... refusing to use someone's pronouns and pushing back on C-16 with that claims that he would go to prison for it?

Return to “Central Okanagan”