Kelowna Walmart over charging on food

Patron
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna Walmart over charging on food

Post by Patron »

maggiedoon wrote: May 11th, 2023, 12:49 pm
oneh2obabe wrote: May 11th, 2023, 9:38 am Natrel is $6.18 per 2L carton but is on sale 2 for $11.00. With all the bellyaching across the country about the ever increasing cost of groceries, one would think people, let alone this couple, would have a rough idea how much their groceries were going to cost before reaching the checkout.
Not only that but they were at a self checkout. Why weren’t they watching the screen as they were scanning?

If they bought 2 but were charged for 10, they were overcharged for 8. At 2 for $11, thats an overcharge of $44, no?

I think most people would have noticed that as soon as it scanned and would have asked for help from the attendant.

Sure, put it out as a warning to friends and family but I don’t see a need to be all indignant about it.
but don't you think that this shouldn't even be happening ? and it shouldn't be going on for as long as it has been ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

how can this not be on purpose after this long :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lesliepaul wrote: May 11th, 2023, 12:56 pm The worst part of this happening at Walmart is that they send you to "Customer Service" which 90% of the time has ONE person working there and four people ahead of you...........and you have to listen to the people returning something 2 months after the bought it and wore it out.

The least Walmart should do for this inconvenience is to give you the item for FREE!
there is an older lady with glasses that greets people coming and going she is awesome imo, always says hi and by to customers that i have noticed , the rest of the younger ones always seem to be to busy on there cell phones , not sure how that is ok with who ever is in charge
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

the truth wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:11 pm how can this not be on purpose after this long :135:
you know maybe your right ? cause why is it taking so long to fix the problem ?

sure it should be a common practice to check your receipt when leaving a store but if you got a few kids with you and your in a rush it's not that easy or thought of to do or if you have a large grocery shop..this is so not acceptable
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Patron wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:25 pm
the truth wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:11 pm how can this not be on purpose after this long :135:
you know maybe your right ? cause why is it taking so long to fix the problem ?

sure it should be a common practice to check your receipt when leaving a store but if you got a few kids with you and your in a rush it's not that easy or thought of to do or if you have a large grocery shop..this is so not acceptable
maybe that is what they are hoping for
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Happened to us on Monday or Tuesday this week with Natrel at the Penticton Walmart. Husband noticed right away during scanning (we always check carefully, and not just at Walmart), someone was there to help right away and said they were aware of the problem. Not sure if it has been fixed as of today.

(I love my Natrel, it's been a godsend for someone who is Lactose intolerant and to me is the only lactose free brand that tastes good and no different from ordinary milk) It was on sale at Safeway up until yesterday I believe for $4.96 (so I'm not sure why the hubby bought it at Walmart - doesn't listen to me sometimes :biggrin: )
maggiedoon
Fledgling

Post by maggiedoon »

Patron wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:09 pm
maggiedoon wrote: May 11th, 2023, 12:49 pm

Not only that but they were at a self checkout. Why weren’t they watching the screen as they were scanning?

If they bought 2 but were charged for 10, they were overcharged for 8. At 2 for $11, thats an overcharge of $44, no?

I think most people would have noticed that as soon as it scanned and would have asked for help from the attendant.

Sure, put it out as a warning to friends and family but I don’t see a need to be all indignant about it.
but don't you think that this shouldn't even be happening ? and it shouldn't be going on for as long as it has been ?
Yes i agree this should not be happening. But mistakes and errors happen and shame on WalMart for not correcting this in their system right away.

Ijust dont see how they didn’t notice the error until after they had paid and were on their way out the door. Could have been dealt with at the checkout and been outta there.

With all the computerization everywhere, we have to watch it like a hawk.

As an aside, WalMart is a pretty big company and maybe the price change has to be approved by 14 different department heads and 2 signing officers before it can be done. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
hupur
Fledgling

Post by hupur »

the truth wrote: May 11th, 2023, 6:46 am https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... ror#426121 heads up people ,
People were so thrilled when Walmart came to the okanagan.Its the most shopped in chain store in Kelowna.They hired locals until the locals tired of working there and now they import workers to do the jobs that locals don't want and we *bleep*.They have a computer glitch and we *bleep*,but who is the first to let charities use the property or help families.Walmart and i'm not even remotely connected to wally world,just what i see.Getting overcharged for milk is a big deal and it was resolved without guns. If you want to see real rippoff just try to find reasonable parking at a hockey game or park in any pay parking spot 10 minutes over your time limit..Chill folks have a glass of milk.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote: May 11th, 2023, 9:38 am Natrel is $6.18 per 2L carton but is on sale 2 for $11.00. With all the bellyaching across the country about the ever increasing cost of groceries, one would think people, let alone this couple, would have a rough idea how much their groceries were going to cost before reaching the checkout.
I purchased a small one took 1 taste and spit it out threw out remainder, stuff tastes like :cuss:

btw I have tried many different versions of milk, the one I am okay with is Cashew.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

speaking of it being free there used to be some sort of a store mandate that they did indeed have to give it to you for free if the item was a certain value
Signs used to be up at grocery stores. Tiny tiny print
wonder if that still exists, off to google after work
All I could find is this
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/price- ... -1.6263904
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

normaM wrote: May 12th, 2023, 5:27 am speaking of it being free there used to be some sort of a store mandate that they did indeed have to give it to you for free if the item was a certain value
Signs used to be up at grocery stores. Tiny tiny print
wonder if that still exists, off to google after work
All I could find is this
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/price- ... -1.6263904
You are correct.........happened to me several times here when the price at the till was higher than the price on the shelf or flyer sale price........got it for FREE.........surprisingly because I was unaware of that practice. Cannot remember the grocery store but it was just pre-Covid.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

We now supply our own bags, check out purchases for ourselves, and yet one would expect lower prices considering our input of labour and materials.

But that doesn’t happen.

Hoodwinked we are.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote: May 12th, 2023, 6:35 pm We now supply our own bags, check out purchases for ourselves, and yet one would expect lower prices considering our input of labour and materials.

But that doesn’t happen.

Hoodwinked we are.
Bought into the BS.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Catsumi wrote: May 12th, 2023, 6:35 pm We now supply our own bags, check out purchases for ourselves, and yet one would expect lower prices considering our input of labour and materials.

But that doesn’t happen.

Hoodwinked we are.
let alone, most times in the morning most self checkouts are almost all closed , and you still have to wait in line , :cuss:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Return to “Central Okanagan”