Drunks in Parks

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Drunks in Parks

Post by Queen K »

Oh goody, now you can take your kids to one of three parks and let them see junkies AND drunks in parks.
Because it's such a good idea to give alcoholics an inch on this, do you really think any of the outlined rules will be respected?

"OHHHH I can't open this beer can, it's 9:15 pm!"

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... his-summer
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
nursepegg

Re: Drunks in Parks

Post by nursepegg »

Don't take your kids where alcohol is being consumed. No one wants to see your children when they're drinking and having a good time anyway. Take them to the kiddy pool.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Awe C'mon Q .. You telling me that a guy who has a beer with his pic nic lunch is a drunk just because he has a beer ??????

Settle down a bit .. Druggies have been shooting up in parks and at beaches FOREVER don't forget .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Not at all. I am suggesting that there are always those who don't know their limits even in public. Who wants their kids to see that?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

I would be happier finding empty beer cans at a beach rather than empty needles...just saying :up:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

69cutlass wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:22 pm I would be happier finding empty beer cans at a beach rather than empty needles...just saying :up:
So true!

I would much rather se a drunk at the Beaches than all the druggies that are high on drugs now.

It's always the ones who take/drink excess that create the issues for everyone else.

Preferably I would rather see none of it allowed.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Bsuds wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:36 pm
I wonder why our politicians don't see it that way?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:42 pm
Bsuds wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:36 pm
I wonder why our politicians don't see it that way?
Most likely they are the ones drinking in the Parks. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Addicts can shoot up pretty well anywhere they want and it’s no longer illegal, so consuming few beer while at the beach shouldn’t be a problem.

Oh btw I don’t drink.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

This may come as a surprise but people have been drinking at the beach for ages. With their own kids present even. This will be fine. Now that I've traveled a bit I find our puritanical views on alcohol archaic and weird.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Queen K wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:35 pm Not at all. I am suggesting that there are always those who don't know their limits even in public. Who wants their kids to see that?
I get where you're coming from but your start up post suggests that anyone who can and does enjoy a beverage responsibly doesn't exist and they're drunks that should be painted with the same brush as junkies .. That isn't true and may I suggest that those that do have been doing it right in front of you without you even knowing for a long time .

For all the things that weren't legal that "harm reduction" policies have made legal . a person having a beer or a glass of wine on the beach with some cheese or a hoagie isn't the problem and should be allowed to enjoy the beach or park.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
mullyman
Board Meister

Post by mullyman »

why not ALL beaches then? "sorry sir, you can drink on the beach, just not THIS beach!" At least when it was illegal people were discreet about it... and now.. apparently you can smoke weed anywhere, so why not drink anywhere? lots of questions...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

This new law does point out the hypocrisy of our drug laws.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:35 pm Not at all. I am suggesting that there are always those who don't know their limits even in public. Who wants their kids to see that?
Reality is, they have their beer in their bags already. Drive down Bernard at 10 pm, there is not a lot of drunks stumbling around. What you see is a bunch of meth heads, humped up doing advanced YOGA and they usually don't go to the beach for a hit and then a beer!

I think you will not see a big change. My concerns is glass, some people are not bright and will bring glass to the beach. I boat and see beer cans all the time on Raymer Beach. I don't see drunks stumbling around.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Dyas says we are responsible enough.
Ok, so REMOVE THE USELESS VEHICLE IDLING BYLAW that has no teeth. You want the populace to enjoy themselves, so why hold the threat of a non existing hammer above everyone's head.

Is this supposed to make everyone feel happy enough to join in with the de-stigmatized groups? Get a little drunk so you won't notice what needles you step on? Add smashed glass to the needles now?

I suppose the reality is people are walking all over town drinking beer on their way to work and tossing their cans where ever they please. Might as well allow the beaches.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”