Kinder Morgan protestors

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Postby Cactusflower » Apr 15th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Snman wrote:Cactusflower, it is entirely possible to be on board with Notley and opposed to that imbecile, Justin Trudeau. :D

No, it's not. Wanna discuss this over lunch? I've changed my mind. :biggrin:

2 people like this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 743 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 16th, 2018, 7:41 am

Drip_Torch wrote:
Oh bang on! Good point. I wasn't watching which thread I was posting on. I agree this thread is a red herring and should be titled the "Big Oil echo chamber".

as opposed to other threads that should be titled "really stupid people who can't do math recklessly and stupidly fear-mongering about oil pipelines".
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15701 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 16th, 2018, 7:43 am

twobits wrote: Don't try to play with me Drip. I hold you in higher regard than cheap shots like that.

not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Drip_Torch » Apr 16th, 2018, 8:38 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.

GB, what evil lies have I told you? When have I ever engaged in any pipeline fear-mongering? Wake up dude. Your party is sitting in the cheap seats for good reason.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Übergod

Liked in: 744 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 16th, 2018, 8:45 am

Drip_Torch wrote:
GB, what evil lies have I told you?

LOL - you are on the side of pure evil. Just the other day, someone in your gang of lying losers stated that "the oil sands are responsible for the majority of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions". It was a total lie, and yet you just went along with it. It was disgusting, sad and just plain disappointing.

When have I ever engaged in any pipeline fear-mongering?

That nonsense you posted about the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Just awful. And posting pictures of ships burning. What level is too low for you guys? It's just disgusting.

Wake up dude. Your party is sitting in the cheap seats for good reason.

You wake up dude. You've thrown your lot in with some really evil people. Just the worst.
- Dr. Don Boys

Jflem1983 likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Drip_Torch » Apr 16th, 2018, 9:37 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:Just the other day, someone in your gang of lying losers stated that "the oil sands are responsible for the majority of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions". It was a total lie, and yet you just went along with it. It was disgusting, sad and just plain disappointing.

Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "(the Westridge Marine Terminal) has actually never had an accident since 1956 when they first started shipping" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

So let's look at some true Notley nonsense.

30-years.jpg

So, what you might notice right off the bat, is in the first 30 years of operation - oil only shipped 10 of those years. When look even closer at those 10 years you'll see that close to 18 million barrels of oil shipped. So, first 30 years of operation - the equivalent of less than 25 aframax tankers left westridge.

TMX contemplates 30+ per month.

The Green Barbarian wrote:That nonsense you posted about the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Just awful. And posting pictures of ships burning. What level is too low for you guys? It's just disgusting.

I don't know what I posted that has you concerned, but I can assure you that the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Something that any right thinking person would learn from and consider during discussions to add even more infrastructure through that community.

Hey, did you know that back when "the chevron refinery" was built in 1935, that area of Burnaby was relatively under developed? A rural area off the Barnett hwy with some chicken coops and goat farmers. Now, it's completely surrounded by houses, serviced with municipal infrastructure, and the goat farmers have moved much further out into the valley.

So, I guess you could safely say, the oil industry in Burnaby, is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer.

ETA: thanks jack!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Apr 16th, 2018, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Cactusflower likes this post.
Drip_Torch
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

Drip_Torch wrote:
Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "they've been shipping oil out of westridge since 1953 without incident" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I honestly don't care. Your fear-mongering garbage is just disgusting, and I truly am disappointed in you as a poster. You have joined up with an incredibly evil bunch of horrible people, and you will have to accept that you are being dragged down into the pits of evil with them.
- Dr. Don Boys

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Hurtlander » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:01 am

How come it’s being reported that 7 First Nations are challenging the pipeline in court, when the pipeline only goes through 3 First Nations traditional territories ? As I’ve mentioned before, the First Nations bands whose reservations the pipeline runs through in my neck of the woods all support the pipeline, that encompasses two of the traditional territories. I can’t see the courts ruling with the First Nations, especially since it’s quite obvious that 6 of the 7 First Nations challenging the pipeline in court don’t even have a legal position...the traditional territories are the Secwepemec, Nlaka’ pamux and the Sto:lo..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
--Thomas Donahue

Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 3848 posts

Postby Hurtlander » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:14 am

^^^ The only BC First Nation that’s been granted legal jurisdiction over their traditional coastal waters is the Haida Gwaii which is considerably to the north.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
--Thomas Donahue
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 3848 posts

Postby Drip_Torch » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:17 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I honestly don't care. Your fear-mongering garbage is just disgusting, and I truly am disappointed in you as a poster. You have joined up with an incredibly evil bunch of horrible people, and you will have to accept that you are being dragged down into the pits of evil with them.

I know, cause you think I'm an :cuss: hole for examining the truth of the matter. You're just here to wave your pom poms to the beat of the big oil drum. The sad part of it all, you're completely unaware of the fact that community acceptence of these projects matters.

Truth be told about Westridge loading oil. The first 30 years the facility mainly shipped small, well tiny, shipments of propane to Japan. Really, crude oil shipments only started to ramp up in 1986, but that doesn't fit the simple big oil narrative, so you'll bury your head in the sand and call me evil.

Too bad, cause at the end of the day, I'm not the one that's killing this project.

Cactusflower likes this post.
Drip_Torch
Übergod

Postby Jack DeBear » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:19 am

Drip_Torch wrote:
<snip>

Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "they've been shipping oil out of westridge since 1953 without incident" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

<snip>

:biggrin: 1956

Jack DeBear wrote:Premier Notley speaks after meeting PM Trudeau & Premier Horgan re Trans Mountain Pipeline

“(10:00) . . . the Premier of BC talked about Bella Bella. Well that was not an oil tanker, that was not a double-hulled oil tanker, to be clear, which (the Westridge Marine Terminal) has actually never had an accident since 1956 when they first started shipping . . . that was just a more generalized commercial style vessel if I’m not incorrect. . . .”

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2336171

2 people like this post.
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Jack DeBear » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:22 am

"Elizabeth May and Trans Mountain pipeline protesters expect to learn fate today"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4621340
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby erinmore3775 » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:24 am

D_T wrote:

"Hey, did you know that back when "the chevron refinery" was built in 1935, that area of Burnaby was relatively under developed? A rural area off the Barnett hwy with some chicken coops and goat farmers. Now, it's completely surrounded by houses, serviced with municipal infrastructure, and the goat farmers have moved much further out into the valley.

So, I guess you could safely say, the oil industry in Burnaby, is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

Now let us apply the same logic alluded to in the above statements to the rail lines that snake along the coastline through White Rock, Richmond and those that snake along the banks of the Fraser River to Burnaby and the Port of Vancouver. These rail lines carry millions of tons of coal and hundreds of thousands of barrels of petroleum products through the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) every year. They were establish long before the development of the GVA and are bordered by important, environmentally sensitive bodies of water. Therefore, according to the logic "the rail industry is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

I would have greater respect for those opposed to TMPX and the transport of petroleum products if they were equally opposed to the bulk transport of carbon based fuel products by other forms of transport.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

2 people like this post.
erinmore3775
Übergod

Liked in: 1570 posts

Postby Rider59 » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:30 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.

It's really not that hard but the drugs are free over there.

2 people like this post.
Rider59
Board Meister

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 16th, 2018, 10:54 am

Jack DeBear wrote:"Elizabeth May and Trans Mountain pipeline protesters expect to learn fate today"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4621340

Throw the book at em.
- Dr. Don Boys

Smurf likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.