Being Environmentally Friendly

Catsumi

Re: Being Environmentally Friendly

Post by Catsumi »

Pansy weather

I could never understand why using summer heat, free of charge, should be frowned upon when drying sheets, towels, etc.

Why use electricity, heat up the house and have to use AC to cool it down again. Nutsy for sure.

A huge city like Tokyo wouldn’t be the same without the sight of fluffy white futons airing in the warm sunlight.
“A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.” - Mark Twain

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Edward Abbey
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Not to mention the sanitation that UV light has on bedding.

Kills all that nasty bacteria.
Bring back the LIKE button.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 5:11 pm Pansy weather

I could never understand why using summer heat, free of charge, should be frowned upon when drying sheets, towels, etc.

Why use electricity, heat up the house and have to use AC to cool it down again. Nutsy for sure.

A huge city like Tokyo wouldn’t be the same without the sight of fluffy white futons airing in the warm sunlight.
Amen to that :up:

Clothes smell better drying in the fresh air (minus the smokey season), saves electricity, saves the carbon footprint manufacturing a dryer, saves you money on electricity, buying a dryer and your clothes last a lot longer too which also saves you money :up:
Last edited by OKkayak on Jul 22nd, 2021, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Us anti vaxxers are so stupid hahahahaha."

- KiloHotel
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 9:10 pm I wonder about your curiosity as well as your critique when it comes to how the OP author and thread facilitator might view them since that's who I was addressing with my post before it was cherrypicked.
I really don't know what this means. Do you support killing people by forcing them to walk in +45C? All in the name of combating an environmental issue that no one can prove even exists?
Justin Trudeau is a knuckledragging narcissist with many stinking albatrosses around his neck. He is definitely on the wrong side of history. Can't wait to vote this bum out of office!
liisgo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by liisgo »

BC Landlord wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 4:00 pm
liisgo wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 8:42 am Natural gas, (that name itself was developed to assist in a campaign that they hope keeps the environmentalists away), is anything but clean. Its a fossil fuel, ...
There is nothing "unnatural" about the natural gas, much less there has ever been a "campaign to keep the environmentalists away" in that regard. In fact, natural gas is one of the most environmentally friendly sources of energy, when it comes to heating our homes and generating electricity.
Also, natural products, Uranium, Crude oil, Plutonium.
Changing any of these products through refinement, combustion or what ever one wants is about as far from healthy or good for the environment as voting for a liberal government.
But, hey, no one here is talking about these products in their natural state with in this forum as it pertains to the damage to the environment.
I support all our "Unnatural" elements for energy with in reason, including Un natural gas.
The point was regarding the Hypocrites that challenge certain forms of energy based on Zero knowledge on them and based solely on which is promoted by the powers to be and the political aspect of that.
The natural products used for nuclear energy is the best for our environment right now and hydro electricity. Burning of gases is not environmentally friendly. Doesn't matter what name you give it.
We need to take steps to deal with our environmental damage we are doing, but first need to actually have people informed and leave the political aspect out of it.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 3:13 am
Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 9:10 pm I wonder about your curiosity as well as your critique when it comes to how the OP author and thread facilitator might view them since that's who I was addressing with my post before it was cherrypicked.
I really don't know ow what this means. Do you support killing people by forcing them to walk in +45C? All in the name of combating an environmental issue that no one can prove even exists?
Yes, forcing them at gunpoint if necessary. And if they don't then they can be cooling off in the morgue.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Jul 21st, 2021, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fortis et Liber.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

liisgo wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 8:13 am
We need to take steps to deal with our environmental damage we are doing, but first need to actually have people informed and leave the political aspect out of it.
Yup. No more "dramatic statements" and "scary scenarios" intended to manipulate people into supporting a political agenda. Here's where much of the mess began:
On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method, in effect promising to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but – which means that we must include all doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands and buts. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see the world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. This “double ethical bind” we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.
Once scientists decided it was necessary for them to be "effective" politically, we had a runaway horse taking us madly off in all directions - as horses are prone to do once alarmed into a state of panic.

Practical environmentalism has taken a back seat to the political: "working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change".
"Today's TRUDEAU LIBERALS - Lowering Canadians' expectations is what we do best."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 9:00 am

Yes, forcing them at gunpoint if necessary. And if they don't then they can be cooling off in the morgue.
I don't think that you're serious, but unfortunately there are elements out there that have swallowed this man-made climate change nonsense so much that they probably would support this. That's how screwed up our society has been thanks to the fear-mongering dopes and the Soros' puppets out there screaming doom!! DOOM!! It's so sad and lame.
Justin Trudeau is a knuckledragging narcissist with many stinking albatrosses around his neck. He is definitely on the wrong side of history. Can't wait to vote this bum out of office!
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 9:06 am
Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 9:00 am

I don't think that you're serious, but unfortunately there are elements out there that have swallowed this man-made climate change nonsense so much that they probably would support this. That's how screwed up our society has been thanks to the fear-mongering dopes and the Soros' puppets out there screaming doom!! DOOM!! It's so sad and lame.
Of course I'm not serious. You asked me a silly rhetorical question, "Do you support killing people by forcing them to walk in +45C? All in the name of combating an environmental issue that no one can prove even exists?"

So I gave you a silly retort.
Fortis et Liber.

Return to “B.C.”