Bc Druggies Switch To Spirits

captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Bc Druggies Switch To Spirits

Post by captkirkcanada »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/378793 ... r-and-wine

drug addicts known as alkies have switched to hard booze away from beer and wine. what will be the impacts to our community when these drug addicts start slurping back a harder drug?
Tick Tock ,Trump is headed to a jail lock
Veovis
Guru

Re: Bc Druggies Switch To Spirits

Post by Veovis »

The rise of the white claw and other low carb vodka and gin beverages I think play a big part in these stats.

I used to drink beer but now Luke these, less bloating, less sugar etc.

I don't think it's really just bottled spirits but a market shift
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

I can drink 1/2 bottle of Cdn beer. Any more, upset tummy.

Yet Japanese or Mexican beer sits just fine in gastric tubing.

:130:
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 5th, 2022, 3:42 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/378793 ... r-and-wine

drug addicts known as alkies have switched to hard booze away from beer and wine. what will be the impacts to our community when these drug addicts start slurping back a harder drug?
Just what emergency services need, not only high also plastered.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Tastes for alcohol beverages are always changing. This is nothing new and no big deal.
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

Veovis wrote: Aug 5th, 2022, 6:04 pm The rise of the white claw and other low carb vodka and gin beverages I think play a big part in these stats.

I used to drink beer but now Luke these, less bloating, less sugar etc.

I don't think it's really just bottled spirits but a market shift
Yea i cant disagree , when i stopped drinking the drug alcohol a sack of beer was 15 bucks. Now its way over 20 .
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 5th, 2022, 6:10 pm I can drink 1/2 bottle of Cdn beer. Any more, upset tummy.

Yet Japanese or Mexican beer sits just fine in gastric tubing.

:130:
Most canadian beer is chemicaly aged :200:
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

bb49 wrote: Aug 5th, 2022, 10:00 pm Tastes for alcohol beverages are always changing. This is nothing new and no big deal.
That is true but doesnt address booze for what it is a drug that ruins peoples lives , contributes to crime , plays a part in domestic fights .
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

In 2018, 19.1% of Canadians aged 12 and older (roughly 5.9 million people) reported alcohol consumption that classified them as heavy drinkers.Note1 The proportion of people classified as heavy drinkers remained stable between 2017 and 2018 (19.5%, 19.1%).Note2

Overall, males were more likely (23.5%) to report heavy drinking than females (14.8%) in 2018. The highest proportion of heavy drinking for both sexes was among those aged 18 to 34. In this age group, 33.5% of males and 23.8% of females were heavy drinkers (Chart 1).

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/82- ... 07-eng.htm

Despite the fact it is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under 18 in Canada,Note3Note4 25.6% of Canadian youth aged 12 to 17 reported consuming an alcoholic beverage in the previous 12 months. Among those who did drink, 37.8% of them did so at least once a month. Overall, 3.4% of youth were classified as heavy drinkers, which has remained consistent since 2015.
Alcohol is the most commonly used substance in Canada. It causes more substance use related costs than either tobacco or all other drugs combined.

https://www.ccsa.ca/research-alcohol

so it is clear where the focus needs to be , on booze , on males, aged 18 to 34 , alcohol addiction , is what costs the tax payers the most. :smt045 :smt045 :D

Return to “B.C.”