Vancouver night clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Vancouver night clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

Post by lesliepaul »

[quote="E92Vancouver
The Surf. They had fantastic char broiled burgers and tiki torches. The Keg and Cleaver was across the street.
[/quote]

Ah yes........"The Keg and Cleaver", or better known back then as "The Leg and Beaver". Had several friends working there back in the 70's and was told that many nights after closing many of the staff would hang around and party for a few hours. Quote........."if you seen what happened on the tables, you probably wouldn't eat here".

The good old days of "Sport F :cuss: ".
Last edited by ferri on Apr 19th, 2018, 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
DianeDarling

Post by DianeDarling »

What was the name of the dueling pianos bar upstairs, in Gastown, I believe above the Town Pump?
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

^^ Wow! I totally forgot that place!!! Only went there once.......... Can't remember the name though....
Loungelizzard

Post by Loungelizzard »

DianeDarling wrote:What was the name of the dueling pianos bar upstairs, in Gastown, I believe above the Town Pump?

That would be O’Riliey’s. Think I still have o couple glasses from there.
Loungelizzard

Post by Loungelizzard »

omisimaw wrote:How many do you remember?

and how many owners names can we come up with?

Harvey Eisen used to run a club in Gastown .. there is a bit of a start :discodance:

Bruce Fairbairn used to own ClubSoda
mlwain@1956

Post by mlwain@1956 »

Looking for a band from about 1978 played in Vancouver, New Westminster, called Future Shock. 5 piece band Asian, 4 males and one female singer. They started at the Old Town Pump.Help thx
Whiterain50

Re: Vancouver Night Clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

Post by Whiterain50 »

eggroll69 wrote:Anyone remember Whispers in North Vancouver? 14th and Lonsdale...
Live Rock bands: Bryan Adams, Trooper, Red Rider, Streetheart, Harliquin, Doucette, Strange Advance... and regular bar bands, they all played there...

Also: Coconuts near 6200 block Kingsway (cross street Randolph)...

I used to go to Whispers Loved that place
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Lougheed Hotel. Scottsdale Inn in North Delta. Sneaky Petes. :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Just read through this topic. Wow, talk about bringing back memories.

I was in BCIT in the early '70s and often hit the Granville area bars on a Friday night. But one place we would stop at first for an early beer was The Penthouse. Yes I know, but yes, just a beer. That was all we could afford.
We would get there early before the girls were busy and often sit and chat with them. Many of the younger ones were in post-secondary like us, UBC, SFU, BCIT, etc. Nice girls. Yes, they really were.

And after the Penthouse, there was the Georgia, the Dev, the Blue Horizon, the Sheraton Landmark, the Ritz. Yeah, the Ritz was my favourite. We would tip the waiter when we were shown to an empty table, and sure enough, within minutes he would bring two or three girls over to join us. Lots of memories of those Ritz girls.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
AlexaF

Post by AlexaF »

Hello all!
I am researching Richmond strip clubs, Burlesque and Cabaret, please let me know if you have any leads or memories of these places specifically in Richmond. I know for sure that Richmond Inn and The Buck in Steveston had some and I would love more information if anyone frequented or worked at these places. If there are ones I don't know about- that would also be great to know.

Thanks so much!
cuba108
Fledgling

Re: Vancouver Night Clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

Post by cuba108 »

Whiterain50 wrote:
eggroll69 wrote:Anyone remember Whispers in North Vancouver? 14th and Lonsdale...
Live Rock bands: Bryan Adams, Trooper, Red Rider, Streetheart, Harliquin, Doucette, Strange Advance... and regular bar bands, they all played there...

Also: Coconuts near 6200 block Kingsway (cross street Randolph)...

I used to go to Whispers Loved that place

I played rhythm there with the Powder Blues Band, stood in one night with Doug and the Slugs, fun time.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

Good Time Charlies on Burrard next to St. Paul's
Biminis on W4th.
50s girl

Post by 50s girl »

Loungelizzard wrote:
DianeDarling wrote:What was the name of the dueling pianos bar upstairs, in Gastown, I believe above the Town Pump?

That would be O’Riliey’s. Think I still have o couple glasses from there.

New to here. That bar would be O'Ryans
50s girl

Post by 50s girl »

RTH wrote:Good Time Charlies on Burrard next to St. Paul's
Biminis on W4th.

Good Time Charlie's was my go to place for years. Live bands, classy place. The head bartender was called Lucky, the doorman was Doug. Anyone know what happened to it?.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

50s girl wrote:
RTH wrote:Good Time Charlies on Burrard next to St. Paul's
Biminis on W4th.

Good Time Charlie's was my go to place for years. Live bands, classy place. The head bartender was called Lucky, the doorman was Doug. Anyone know what happened to it?.

Wasn't it in the basement of a hotel tower? Don't recall the name of the hotel though.
I believe that was were my wife and I went on our first date.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “B.C.”