Weather Appreciation

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Weather Appreciation

Post by Queen K »

It's 4 pm and according to w84 we should be getting snow dumping down and it isn't.

Still holding on to hope here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Queen K wrote:It's 4 pm and according to w84 we should be getting snow dumping down and it isn't.

Still holding on to hope here.

Yeah....it's all my fault. Hey, I am just the messenger.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Snowing again, but not as much out there as I had expected . . .

How much did you expect? I believe the forecast for Kelowna was 5 to 10 cm. I'm guessing you hit 5? Perhaps you'll have 10 by the end of the day.

Seriously, maybe an inch? Not even two . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

More melt today! Spring is in the air!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I am enjoying the warmer weather! I imagine that since we aren't hearing about drought, we will be hearing fear of floods soon .. .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:I am enjoying the warmer weather! I imagine that since we aren't hearing about drought, we will be hearing fear of floods soon .. .

Ya, it's hard to say how this will go, but I suspect we'll first hear about flooding, then drought.

Speaking of flooding, experts were saying last year that California was now into a permanent drought that would NEVER go away. Today they have some water, that the dams can't hold back the water.

Today is the last cool day. Then it will be closer to 10 degrees for the rest of the week. Still a foot and a half of snow at my place.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

So are the dams failing because it has been so dry? Or age? Or failure to perform maintenance because they didn't expect they'd ever be full again?

I am delighted at the prospect of warmer weather :sunshine:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:So are the dams failing because it has been so dry? Or age? Or failure to perform maintenance because they didn't expect they'd ever be full again?

Too much rain. It's the spillway that might fail, not the dam itself.

PS. Kelowna was -24.8C last month. That's the coldest January temperature recorded in the city since 2005 when Kelowna was -30.5 -- the 3rd coldest temperature ever recorded in Kelowna in January.

JanExtremeKelowna.png
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

So - lower than ususal snowpack? Just for the Okanagan or for all of BC?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:So - lower than ususal snowpack? Just for the Okanagan or for all of BC?

Most of BC...

2017Snowpack.jpg

PS. My definition of Spring is when the entire province is above freezing. Today is that day!!!

htocold2.png
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yikes - we're not too bad, but the north is going to be hurting if they don't get some more precipitation!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Snow is coming, but if you look closely, you can see that it's not going to fall in the valleys. Maybe a little around WestKelowna or Peachland, but nothing in Kelowna, Penticton, Kamloops, Merritt, Lillooet.
Attachments
forecast.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I beg to differ - because if that white stuff I had to clear off my car this morning isn't snow, it is doing a darn good impression!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:I beg to differ - because if that white stuff I had to clear off my car this morning isn't snow, it is doing a darn good impression!

The map was for Friday... but yes, snow was forecast yesterday and last night. I had about 1cm at my place overnight.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”