BC government corruption

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 27th, 2019, 8:37 am

I'd like to thank 'old trucker' for bringing this topic back. I'm sure there are readers who weren't aware of this BC Liberal history. And I find it interesting to note that most of those posters from 2013 are no longer to be seen on these forums. Could it be that they, like many others have found the BC Lib fans here to be unbearably rude so have moved on to other sites?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1005 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby southy » Jan 27th, 2019, 8:54 am

Cactusflower wrote:I'd like to thank 'old trucker' for bringing this topic back. I'm sure there are readers who weren't aware of this BC Liberal history. And I find it interesting to note that most of those posters from 2013 are no longer to be seen on these forums. Could it be that they, like many others have found the BC Lib fans here to be unbearably rude so have moved on to other sites?


[icon_lol2.gif] .. Cf you are relentless! They do have medication for obsessive- compulsiveness. As I have said, before you continue slagging and pumping your chest ... Be cautious because when this entire mess has concluded some of your NDP heroes and heroettes just might be part of it all. Then who will you point the finger at? As your fearless leader has said this is about cleaning up this mess not playing politics. Oh wait .. Did he really say that? Or was it Wilky?

2 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2142
Likes: 449 posts
Liked in: 792 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2010, 4:14 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 27th, 2019, 10:10 am

^^just what I expected, but I'm not ready to leave this site again yet, so keep it up. It's good for a laugh anyway.
History lessons may be lost on you, but those new to this site need to be informed before the by-election, and certainly before the next general provincial election.

flamingfingers likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1005 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Smurf » Jan 27th, 2019, 10:53 am

What is your opinion on this one Cactusflower? The topic is BC government, right.


viewtopic.php?f=26&t=80924
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

southy likes this post.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 9682
Likes: 16225 posts
Liked in: 6401 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: BC government corruption

Postby GordonH » Jan 27th, 2019, 11:19 am

Corruption and politicians go hand in hand, every one of them bs the voting public to place X next to their name on the ballot.
Voting public have to try to pick the one they feel is less likely to really f :cuss: things up. This whole thing is a hit & miss *bleep* shoot.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22509
Likes: 2694 posts
Liked in: 8431 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: BC government corruption

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 27th, 2019, 11:43 am

oldtruckers insane Sunday rant on BC govt corruption, perhaps the largest unraveling scandal in Canadian history...

Mr. Trudeau & group( federal Liberals) Mr. Harper & group (federal Conservatives), BC Liberals, AND the RCMP....
I am placing a 90% probability or higher that your in on it, aren't you? Possibly all of you.
It is possible that in order bury this in complexity, THAT is why you want the housing crisis to continue...isn't it? Nothing to do with helping people through Immigration. It's to cover your tracks...isn't it? Add a million people and the problem isn't who did it anymore...it's mired in Canadians paying $1500 for a bedroom and a shared bath with 4 other people in Vancouver. It's mired in Vancouver homeowners charging people that have no where else to go $1200 to rent a tent in their back yard.

To the people of BC...
What would be the worst that would happen if you gave the bank or the landlord 50 cents on the dollar? Only reason a bedroom rents for $700 to $1300 is because of this fiasco. Your rent is really only worth half...the rest is drug money. Death and corruption money. The rent you pay, the mortgage you pay...what is the worst that could happen if the majority of the people in BC refused to pay...? What is the worst that would happen if you said "It's revolt time". What would happen if the people of BC said that anyone that knew about it in the BC legislature is to be considered a 'suspect' and their political position and role is to be considered invalid.

RCMP...You knew about it(?). You did nothing(?). You are in on it...aren't you? The fact that you can commit acts of self preservation by covering up your tracks and not answering to people you serve tells me you have grown far too powerful and you need to be stopped. If there are ANY top level RCMP staff that are in on it...your entire organisation needs to come down. Yes...you have to be perfect...it's expected. ROYAL Canadian mounted.....ROYAL... Do we need Her Majesty's intervention?

Royal Commissioned Investigation time.


Edit. Things aren't working anymore. Things are obviously rotten to the core and we need a MAJOR 'control -alt -delete'. The sheer scale of this issue infiltrates nearly everyone's lives. Some homeowners, speculators and property mangers have benefitted from it huge, but for the average person-no. Some people are working two minimum wage full time jobs to pay for this corruption. Some people that are on social assistance, disability, and low income seniors are having their ENTIRE incomes taken away to pay for this corruption.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Jan 27th, 2019, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

Cactusflower likes this post.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1947
Likes: 98 posts
Liked in: 1016 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: On [email protected] 128b

Re: BC government corruption

Postby dontrump » Jan 27th, 2019, 11:46 am

rent control and forcing owners to rent out there house is socialism 101

blueliner likes this post.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2184
Likes: 478 posts
Liked in: 718 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 27th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Cactusflower wrote:^^just what I expected, but I'm not ready to leave this site again yet, so keep it up. It's good for a laugh anyway.
History lessons may be lost on you, but those new to this site need to be informed before the by-election, and certainly before the next general provincial election.


Never fear, I have complete faith, that most of those new to this site, will have you figured out in short order. [icon_lol2.gif]

Hypocrites have proven over and over again, that they tend to forget, their posts remain as evidence of their endless hypocrisy, particularly where anything NDP is involved.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4718
Likes: 5032 posts
Liked in: 6874 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 27th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Will Retweeted

Norm Farrell, IN-SIGHTS.CA


@Norm_Farrell
3h3 hours ago
More
Asked if her lavish spending of taxpayer dollars was good judgement, former Speaker Linda Reid responded, “It was practice.”

That's an alibi we might expect from a criminal gang member. So perhaps it's not surprising this excuse was used by a BC Liberal.

#bcpoli #PlecasReport
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

Cactusflower likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20926
Likes: 6413 posts
Liked in: 6644 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 27th, 2019, 6:28 pm

oldtrucker wrote:oldtruckers insane Sunday rant on BC govt corruption, perhaps the largest unraveling scandal in Canadian history...

Mr. Trudeau & group( federal Liberals) Mr. Harper & group (federal Conservatives), BC Liberals, AND the RCMP....
I am placing a 90% probability or higher that your in on it, aren't you? Possibly all of you.
It is possible that in order bury this in complexity, THAT is why you want the housing crisis to continue...isn't it? Nothing to do with helping people through Immigration. It's to cover your tracks...isn't it? Add a million people and the problem isn't who did it anymore...it's mired in Canadians paying $1500 for a bedroom and a shared bath with 4 other people in Vancouver. It's mired in Vancouver homeowners charging people that have no where else to go $1200 to rent a tent in their back yard.

To the people of BC...
What would be the worst that would happen if you gave the bank or the landlord 50 cents on the dollar? Only reason a bedroom rents for $700 to $1300 is because of this fiasco. Your rent is really only worth half...the rest is drug money. Death and corruption money. The rent you pay, the mortgage you pay...what is the worst that could happen if the majority of the people in BC refused to pay...? What is the worst that would happen if you said "It's revolt time". What would happen if the people of BC said that anyone that knew about it in the BC legislature is to be considered a 'suspect' and their political position and role is to be considered invalid.

RCMP...You knew about it(?). You did nothing(?). You are in on it...aren't you? The fact that you can commit acts of self preservation by covering up your tracks and not answering to people you serve tells me you have grown far too powerful and you need to be stopped. If there are ANY top level RCMP staff that are in on it...your entire organisation needs to come down. Yes...you have to be perfect...it's expected. ROYAL Canadian mounted.....ROYAL... Do we need Her Majesty's intervention?

Royal Commissioned Investigation time.


Edit. Things aren't working anymore. Things are obviously rotten to the core and we need a MAJOR 'control -alt -delete'. The sheer scale of this issue infiltrates nearly everyone's lives. Some homeowners, speculators and property mangers have benefitted from it huge, but for the average person-no. Some people are working two minimum wage full time jobs to pay for this corruption. Some people that are on social assistance, disability, and low income seniors are having their ENTIRE incomes taken away to pay for this corruption.


Ask any of your friends and acquaintances if they agree with you, and you will receive a resounding "Yes!" But trying to organize a revolution in Canada is like trying to organize a kindergarten baseball game. It just can't be done. I recall one year back in the 70s when a one day general strike was being organized. Most workers were so afraid of losing their jobs if they didn't show up to work that day that the strike didn't materialize, so management was never held accountable......as usual. A revolt would be much harder to organize, but it sure be great if someone could pull it off.

Canadians just don't have the where-with-all to pull together to get things done.

oldtrucker likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1005 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:06 am

Cactusflower wrote: A revolt would be much harder to organize, but it sure be great if someone could pull it off.


A revolt can be a very peaceful process. The revolt will come at the ballot box one day.
Eventually the right political party will come along... it won't be the normal group either. I see a populist(ish) party(parties) rising as a result of the corruption. The status quo of existing parties will be the creator of their own undoing. (adds dramatic music)
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1947
Likes: 98 posts
Liked in: 1016 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: On [email protected] 128b

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 28th, 2019, 7:15 am

^^I wish I could be alive to see that happen, but I'm just not that optimistic.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1005 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:28 pm

The biggest corruption in BC governance is the BC NDP openly stealing taxpayer $$$ (many, many millions) to pay for their incompetently run and bankrupt excuse for a party.

The next biggest corruption is the twisted nonsense the BC NDP put forth as "getting big money out of politics" by "banning" corporate and union donations, while stealing taxpayer $$$ to pay the incompetent BC NDP party debts.

The BC NDP did NOTHING about 3rd party advertising/advocacy. Zero, zip, nada. That is part of the part of the corrupt plan of the BC NDP to scam the BC taxpayer. Corporate and union donations will still happen, and phony "advocacy" groups will be set up to propagandize on behalf of the parties.

Don't think so? https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-third-party-advocacy-groups-raise-hundreds-of-thousands-ahead-of/

"Third-party advocacy groups raise hundreds of thousands ahead of Alberta election"

"Third-party advocacy groups hoping to shape Alberta’s spring campaign have brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars in the past two months, often from large corporate and union donors, ahead of the first election since the introduction of strict fundraising limits for political parties."


There is an old saying: "the fish rots from the head". The "head" at this time in BC is "sticky fingers" Horgan and his band of petty thieves.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 9656
Likes: 2668 posts
Liked in: 10430 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:54 pm

.... Horgan and his band of petty thieves.


Yes. Yes, they certainly are 'petty' in comparison to the BC Liberals!!

pet·ty
Dictionary result for petty
/ˈpedē/Submit
adjective
1.
of little importance; trivial.
"the petty divisions of party politics"
synonyms: trivial, trifling, minor, small, slight, unimportant, insignificant, inessential, inconsequential, inconsiderable, negligible, paltry, footling, fiddling, niggling, pettifogging, nugatory, of little account; More
2.
of secondary or lesser importance, rank, or scale; minor.
"a petty official"


https://www.google.com/search?q=petty+d ... e&ie=UTF-8
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

Cactusflower likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20926
Likes: 6413 posts
Liked in: 6644 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:41 pm

If the defenders of the BC Liberal government corruption on this site are being paid by the word, I think I know which one is the wealthiest. :smt045

flamingfingers likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1005 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests