BC government corruption

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 7th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
OKkayak wrote:Corruption is a byproduct of the system and doesn't apply to any one specific party, sheesh :135:


Yet when people get a chance to change the system, they're too afraid to do it.


Yeah well since I have to assume that remark refers to PR, I'd say it was more a case of being too smart to do it.

No one in their right mind, should be voting for a system that isn't even created yet, at time of vote.

That referendum was little more than another example of NDP style thinking, where they want us to vote for something, without knowing what we're actually voting for, but we're supposed to trust the NDP to figure it out. LMAO No thanks.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 4692 posts
Liked in: 6497 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 7th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 8th, 2019, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting Another User
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4470
Likes: 2165 posts
Liked in: 892 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 7th, 2019, 10:58 pm

OKkayak wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Yet when people get a chance to change the system, they're too afraid to do it.

And how can we change the system and what is it we are afraid of?


Depends on what system you want to change. We had a chance to change the electoral system but many were persuaded not to because it meant that the most powerful parties would likely not have the power anymore to unilaterally pass legislation.

We now have a chance to change how our legislature is run, and as far as I and many others are concerned, that' something about our system that should have been changed long ago.

I don't know what others are afraid of, but I'm afraid of politicians and bureaucrats who are abusing their power. I want it to stop.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4470
Likes: 2165 posts
Liked in: 892 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby LordEd » Feb 8th, 2019, 6:42 am

Cactusflower wrote:^^That's your excuse and you intend to stick with it even though it's just something Wilkie & Co. drummed into your easily brainwashed psyche.
Great, then you can tell me the details of how party list candidates would be selected and allocated in each of the proposed election methods.

Except that you can't because that detail was being left to a committee.

Just because somebody has a different belief doesn't mean they're brainwashed or afraid.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

2 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3861
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2438 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: BC government corruption

Postby dontrump » Feb 8th, 2019, 7:02 am

I don't know what others are afraid of, but I'm afraid of politicians and bureaucrats who are abusing their power. I want it to stop.




I don't think any of us outsiders are afraid of any of this BUT its not like this erroneous spending and illegal spending and the fraudulent invoices etc suddenly just started with theses two guys ? its just finally someone had the balls to take a stand
against it ;;
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2123
Likes: 469 posts
Liked in: 676 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2019, 7:13 am

^^You lost your last chance to make a positive change in our electoral system, and now I suppose you're hoping nothing changes in our corrupt legislature either.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4470
Likes: 2165 posts
Liked in: 892 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby southy » Feb 8th, 2019, 7:33 am

Well CF - I just hope they sweep all those corrupt NDPers out of the legislature. I also think your new best friends Plecas and his sidekick Mullen will also soon see darker times. Their arrogance makes me want to vomit!

2 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2090
Likes: 422 posts
Liked in: 747 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2010, 3:14 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Mordu » Feb 8th, 2019, 7:51 am

The arrogance of their followers, too.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 8th, 2019, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Mordu
Board Meister
 
Posts: 383
Likes: 55 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Nov 8th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2019, 8:00 am

I can hardly wait to see how all this plays out. The Plecas/Mullen/NDP/legal system haters will need a lot of crying towels when this is over.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4470
Likes: 2165 posts
Liked in: 892 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2019, 8:12 am

Mordu wrote:The arrogance of their followers, too.

I'd like to get to personally know them.


Ever hear of Castanet's private messaging? If you have something to say to me that you feel is too personal for a public forum, please use it.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4470
Likes: 2165 posts
Liked in: 892 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Mordu » Feb 8th, 2019, 8:13 am

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 8th, 2019, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Mordu
Board Meister
 
Posts: 383
Likes: 55 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Nov 8th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Re: BC government corruption

Postby Mordu » Feb 8th, 2019, 5:20 pm

LordEd wrote:
Mordu wrote:The arrogance of their followers, too.

I'd like to get to personally know them.
That sounds like a threat.


Dating app?

Nope, just a personal request--and to keep it above-board online. :biggrin:

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2449105
Mordu
Board Meister
 
Posts: 383
Likes: 55 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Nov 8th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Previous

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], mikest2 and 2 guests