BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Maintiens Le Droit, which is the idealistic objective of the RCMP, directs every police officer to deliver justice to every Canadian citizen on every occasion. The RCMP, in that respect, is perfect.

Individuals within the RCMP and the Criminal Court System itself fail to meet that objective at times. That is a failing of the individual officer and/or the Criminal Court System rather than a failing of the RCMP.

The same as Justice being a simple pact between men and the degree of justice evolving is more a measure of the personal and collective ability and dedication of the men involved than a measure of the objective desired.[/quote]

Ahh thanks for explaining that so clearly.
So a group like say the Hells Angels..
Individuals within sometimes fail to meet the organizations objectives, so it is a failing of the individual, if a crime gets committed.....not a failing of the organization.
A few members failing to meet objectives does not make the whole thing bad..

Thank You Donald, for making it so clear and simple
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

are you saying ha is not a crimminal gang as a hole ??
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

I dont know...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol, ya sure, hope this helps https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I will assume that you were joking or being facetious 50-years-in-Ktown, since you have previously proven that you are not a stupid man.

One could actually make your HA comment fit if you designate crime as the objective.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Donald G wrote:I will assume that you were joking or being facetious 50-years-in-Ktown, since you have previously proven that you are not a stupid man.

One could actually make your HA comment fit if you designate crime as the objective.

I'll put my money on 50 being facetious.....Even he knows when enough is enough.

Just sayin.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

I will say this, you speak highly of an organization, that has its share of screwup members..
But you say the organization is fundamentally sound, its the certain members that are bad..

But, and this is an important point, the organization goes out of its way to cover its members butts when things go wrong.. To the point of no other organization in Canada covers their members to that extent. Some draw salary at home for years while things get sorted out.. Why is that..
A lot of regular citizens really have a problem with the extent of CYA going on..

Donald made a comment about the RCMP, and I looked at it and said the same can be said for other organizations. I simply drew a parallel...nothing more..nothing less....feel free to discuss.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby 50-YEARS-in-Ktown » Yesterday, 6:47 pm

I will say this, you speak highly of an organization, that has its share of screwup members..
But you say the organization is fundamentally sound, its the certain members that are bad..

But, and this is an important point, the organization goes out of its way to cover its members butts when things go wrong.

I agree with your comments noted above and have actually stated the same thing myself on many occasions, pointing out poor leadership, political correctness interfering with recruiting and Nepotism at every phase of the police structure as being three of the long term main problems of the RCMP.

Rest assured that I see their strengths and weaknesses, which all come down to the actions of individual officers within the organization.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

In light of what was posted today regarding a visit to Kelowna, by Nutall and Korody..
What a waste of resources, and money... The RCMP trying to school folks into acting like terrorists.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby 50-YEARS-in-Ktown » Today, 8:12 am

In light of what was posted today regarding a visit to Kelowna, by Nutall and Korody..
What a waste of resources, and money... The RCMP trying to school folks into acting like terrorists.

I see it as trying to conclusively determine what Nutall and Korody were or were not capable of doing. For the police to "call it off" and have Nutall and Korody later carry through with a bombing on their own or at the behest of of more capable terrorists would have been unforgivable.

IMO once the police had been made aware that Nutall and Korody had voiced the intention to plant a bomb the police became responsible to see that they were not given the chance to do so. The police are not able to read the future and make decisions based on predetermined knowledge.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3752138

Lawyers for Amanda Korody and John Nuttall claim RCMP using bail supervisors to re-interrogate the couple

They just wont give up. Now the RCMP are trying to get their bail supervisors to play tricky games.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

the rcmp will never except the fact that they have been proven incompetent. these people will be harassed to the day they die so the rcmp reputation can be protected
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby ken531a » Today, 7:52 am

the rcmp will never except the fact that they have been proven incompetent. these people will be harassed to the day they die so the rcmp reputation can be protected

Are you voicing the opinion that every time a charge is dismissed in Criminal Court it is because the police as a group are incompetent ?? Even given the fact that even two judges disagree on what evidence of guilt or innocence should or should not be admitted at trial ?? Or what action by the police "brings the system of justice into disrepute" ??

Is a judge who finds a person guilty at trial and his/her decision is reversed by another judge hearing the same evidence on appeal incompetent ?? How about a murder trial where the accused was eventually granted four trials due to appeals. The first three judges found the accused guilty. The fourth (last) judge found the accused not guilty and released him. Was that, in your opinion, incompetence on the part of the RCMP ??

I seriously wonder where you got your knowledge of how our criminal court system operates.
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

lol.this farce is highly embarrassing and very hard for many to swallow.
Omar nuttall

Post by Omar nuttall »

Donald G wrote:
Postby Even Steven » Yesterday, 8:47 pm

Judge says otherwise, and he's in charge of closing cases, lol.

So was the previous judge, who found them guilty. So will the judge who hears the next appeal be "in charge of closing cases". As long as there is a dollar in it lawyers will pursue it, like a dog with a bone.

Justice and reality are bystanders in a court case based on a theoretical interpretation of the law.

I was gonna let it go, but in like 3 or 4 posts now you keeps saying there was a first judge who found them guilty. Nothing could be more wrong. There was onky one judge the whole time who sat through 3 years of this monkey trial. The only ones who found them guilty was the jury who were not allowed to hear arguments of duress or entrapment, hence they never saw the videos or wiretaps showing the cops threatening and cajoling them into it. If someone threatened you and your whole family and told you to blow up a gov building you would have done the same thing. The judge said anyone else would have done it too.

Paragraph
773] When I consider all of the pressures placed upon the defendants by the RCMP during the undercover operation, as well as the multi-faceted control exercised over their actions and the beliefs they held that justified the use of violence for religious purposes, I find that the average person, with strengths and weaknesses, and with or without the vulnerabilities of the defendants, would likely have planted the pressure cooker devices to save their own lives despite the risk to others.
836] There are no remedies less drastic than a stay of proceedings that will address the abuse of process. The spectre of the defendants serving a life sentence for a crime that the police manufactured by exploiting their vulnerabilities, by instilling fear that they would be killed if they backed out, and by quashing all doubts they had in the religious justifications for the crime, is offensive to our concept of fundamental justice. Simply put, the world has enough terrorists. We do not need the police to create more out of marginalized people who have neither the capacity nor sufficient motivation to do it themselves.

The cops (or yourself) are not above reproach.

Return to “B.C.”