Toddlers found in hot car

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Toddlers found in hot car

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:There is technology that can help and remind drivers about checking the back seat:

General Motors – Rear Seat Reminder
General Motors has “Rear Seat Reminder” technology that is now standard on company models including the Yukon, the Canyon, the Sierra, the Acadia and the Terrain.

Rear Seat Reminder notifies parents to check the back seat under certain conditions, the company said on its website.

While the technology doesn’t spot objects that have been placed in the back seat, it can monitor the back doors.

More on this topic here:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5265367/kids ... ch-safety/

OKkayak wrote:It troubles me that there is a market and demand for such apps in the first place. :135:

My exact thoughts OKkayak.
My parents had 5 kids under the of 9 years old, never forgot us anywhere. I'm sorry, how the hell does anyone forget their child is with them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Where does it say, anything about 2 parents leaving the child in a car for 9 hours?

What it does say, "It's not clear why the kids were left inside the van, however, firefighters said their mom may have inadvertently locked her keys inside."
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Happens because parents can be on autopilot and one change in the routine can play havoc - that's where mistakes can happen. There are also many cases where a child can get into a vehicle without someone's knowledge and then can't get out. Also happens.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You can call them stupid, negligent or incompetent you can blame a schedule change (heck just the time change increases accidents) etc. I wouldn't say murderers, there was no intent.

Way back in the old days of black&white there was usually someone home working so maybe that's why it rarely happened
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:this was cold blooded murder nothing else.

No, it's not.

yes it is, you believe 2 parents forgot there 16 month old in there car for 16 hours :200: *removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 11th, 2019, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

One major factor is the change on where the child sits. Used to be the front seat and now they're in the back.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:yes it is, you believe 2 parents forgot there 16 month old in there car for 16 hours

Your opinion is not a fact. The Criminal Code sets out the definition and you KNOW that. You also have been on other threads about this very topic and are well aware of circumstances leading up to this type of tragedy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... f841796465
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Conclusions: Many of the deaths reported in this study may have been prevented by keeping cars locked, educating parents, implementing informed child care transportation policies, passing relevant laws, and working with auto and child safety seat manufacturers to build in warnings and other design features.

https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/11/1/33
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

alanjh595 wrote:Where does it say, anything about 2 parents leaving the child in a car for 9 hours?

What it does say, "It's not clear why the kids were left inside the van, however, firefighters said their mom may have inadvertently locked her keys inside."

read the link it says 9 hours https://globalnews.ca/news/5265367/kids ... ch-safety/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:you believe 2 parents forgot there 16 month old in there car for 16 hours

I don't think both parents are to blame and several hours left in the car is a far cry from 16 hours.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[qote="the truth"]
Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:this was cold blooded murder nothing else.

No, it's not.

yes it is, you believe 2 parents forgot there 16 month old in there car for 16 hours :200: *removed*[/quote]

my bad 9 hours in the car not 16 https://globalnews.ca/news/5265367/kids ... ch-safety/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So far you've a couple of major facts wrong - now how is it you think both parents are at fault when there's been no details released.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 11th, 2019, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:you honestly believe the bs your saying

Pretty sad you keep making it so personal. I'm not making an excuse but I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!! And neither do you. I realize you're not reading what I post properly but if you have questions, ask them instead of getting confrontational. The stats show these types of tragedies are up in part BECAUSE of the seat change. I didn't make that up. Parents didn't forget their kids when they were in the front seat because they could SEE them. Why do you think safety features are being built into cars? So that parents don't make these horrible mistakes. Sheesh.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

She said the building is within walking distance of the Patterson SkyTrain station and Telus headquarters, and said it’s not unusual to have cars parked on the street all day.

The CEFA Early Learning daycare is at the corner of Inman and Kingsway. A daycare employee wouldn’t say whether the baby attended the daycare and a woman who answered the phone said she had no comment.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... rnaby-dies

Not that this is related but the possibility of the father parking there and then going to work is not out of the realm of possibility. The fact that the daycare was there also opens up the possibility that that's where the toddler should have gone to. And it's another possibility this won't be in the news again if no charges are laid.

Return to “B.C.”