Just wow

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Just wow

Post by maryjane48 »

Ex.Police officer defies Tahltan wildlife management camp and endangers man’s life!

PLEASE SHARE!

Since Sept 9th, the Klabona Keepers and Iskut community members of the Tahltan Nation (6 hours north of Terrace), have set up a Wildlife Management Camp at the entrance of the Tl’abona, Sacred Headwaters. The camp limits entry into our traditional territory because of continued overhunting by non-indigenous hunters.

On Sept 21st, 2016 an ex.police officer named Mike McKee defied our peaceful encampment by taking a chainsaw through the logs blocking the road and driving through towards the Headwaters.

Our children bore witness as he proceeded to drive into a Tahltan protecter,almost running him over. So far, the RCMP has made no arrest.

As protectors of the land, we know what is best for future generations which means stewardship of the Sacred Headwaters and the wild life that sustains us. That this white vigilante would treat our community and elders with such disregard is unacceptable.

The government endorsed over-hunting of our sustenance wildlife and the RCMP’s passive response to this violent event is a continuation of the genocidal policy against our people. We ask that you join us in holding this person accountable for his actions.

Only when there is justice and protection for our rights will there be true reconciliation. Until then, it is just a word.

i couldnt find a link but i copied this from facebook page . if anyone can find news outlet link much appreciated .
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Just wow

Post by dogspoiler »

Wouldn't that be called an illegal roadblock ?
Black Dogs Matter
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:Ex.Police officer defies Tahltan wildlife management camp and endangers man’s life!

PLEASE SHARE!

Since Sept 9th, the Klabona Keepers and Iskut community members of the Tahltan Nation (6 hours north of Terrace), have set up a Wildlife Management Camp at the entrance of the Tl’abona, Sacred Headwaters. The camp limits entry into our traditional territory because of continued overhunting by non-indigenous hunters.

On Sept 21st, 2016 an ex.police officer named Mike McKee defied our peaceful encampment by taking a chainsaw through the logs blocking the road and driving through towards the Headwaters.

Our children bore witness as he proceeded to drive into a Tahltan protecter,almost running him over. So far, the RCMP has made no arrest.

As protectors of the land, we know what is best for future generations which means stewardship of the Sacred Headwaters and the wild life that sustains us. That this white vigilante would treat our community and elders with such disregard is unacceptable.

The government endorsed over-hunting of our sustenance wildlife and the RCMP’s passive response to this violent event is a continuation of the genocidal policy against our people. We ask that you join us in holding this person accountable for his actions.

Only when there is justice and protection for our rights will there be true reconciliation. Until then, it is just a word.

i couldnt find a link but i copied this from facebook page . if anyone can find news outlet link much appreciated .

You know what's JUST WOW for me? How is it that FN's can go hunt on Crown Land any time they want and take nearly every single deer in the area that might be available to non native hunters during their short window of legal hunting.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The worst poachers that I have come across were Native/Metis.
Black Dogs Matter
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

dogspoiler wrote:The worst poachers that I have come across were Native/Metis.

It's not poaching if you call it "sustenance" hunting. Just like netting salmon trapped against the concrete wall of a dam is "traditional".
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dogspoiler wrote:Wouldn't that be called an illegal roadblock ?

um no
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lets see proof otherwise your just a racist
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

It's not poaching if you call it "sustenance" hunting. Just like netting salmon trapped against the concrete wall of a dam is "traditional".

if you support site c you dont get to have a say in anything any first nation band in canada does . if your willing to support the flooding of 2 treaty 8 bands lands then guess what , this will be the trade off . enjoy your electricity .

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2016, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop the name calling!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The police should be dismantling illegal roadblocks like that one immediately.
Black Dogs Matter
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

RCMP should have done more, and by more I mean dismantle the illegal roadblock before the citizen had to do it himself...
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

maryjane48 wrote:...if you support site c you dont get to have a say in anything any first nation band in canada does .

Suppressing opinions now, are we?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/

Regardless of the "disputed" nature of the land in question, it is still public at this point in time. The ex-cop's lack of social grace notwithstanding, he has a valid point.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup and then sell THE MEAT to the white man down the road, they do there ancestors real proud [icon_lol2.gif] ---NOT--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

What's more racist than blocking a public road to people based on their race?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

----BINGO--it's ok if they do it i guess :200:
Last edited by the truth on Oct 5th, 2016, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “B.C.”