BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Election issues

Post by maryjane48 »

hobbyguy wrote:I would actually like to see the Greens kick the BCTF er... NDP party in the rear. Far easier for me to view folks like Andrew Weaver as capable and thoughtful than the rubbish I see coming from the NDP. Not that I am planning to vote Green, but for those who are looking for different viewpoint, the Greens are far more credible - and not owned by the BCTF.

If I lived in Adrian Dix's riding I'd vote Green just to enjoy his concession speech.

you th8nk its a winning stratagy to call teachers who just won rubbish ? the bctf is just a name . its made up of teachers . the only rubbish or the folks who vote for corruption
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Martin acknowledged that the industry has suffered job losses, but attributed that to the 2008-09 recession and collapse of U.S. housing starts. In response, he said government has succeeded in diversifying markets by expanding exports to China and South Korea

here we have the bc libs blaming the foresty disaster in bc on 2008 haha . the problem started on same day campbell took office .
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/193046 ... not-unfair

Wow. I'm glad they straightened that out.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The same anti-Clark sentiment was abundant before the last election, and might have actually worked for the NDP had Mr. Dix not started speaking. If Mr. Horgan can avoid the same mistake, and stick with a "Let's get her!!" platform instead of actually talking about NDP policy alternatives they might just have a chance.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

fluffy wrote: If Mr. Horgan can avoid the same mistake, and stick with a "Let's get her!!" platform instead of actually talking about NDP policy alternatives they might just have a chance.

Christy may already be preparing herself for the "lets get her !! " scenario....rumour has it that Christy will not participate in any all party debates or town hall meetings. and Liberal candidates have been told to not participate in debates or town hall meetings because Christy and crew don't want to get backed into a corner with tough questions or accusations....
I really hope that rumour is completely untrue, we'll know within a few weeks. I think avoiding debates and town hall meetings would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

^^^^ Christy didn't attend the all candidates debate in her old riding during the last election, she ended up looking for a new riding after the election.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
You would see a big dark stain forming at the front of his pants as he tried to contemplate making a living again without the giant MLA salary and solid gold pension. How that guy ever was allowed back after Memogate is a stain on BC politics, and for that clown to still be in the NDP and the NDP cheer-team here to be babbling on about criminals is the ultimate irony.

Don't you mean "adding to one of thousands of stains on BC Politics?" And to suggest that there's ever been a criminal free party in power installed in Victoria until the next election just doesn't do justice to BC politics.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/193046 ... not-unfair

more reasons clarks corrupt govt needs to go .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... ayers-cash

didnt take this fool long to beak rules again .less than a week :smt045
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hurtlander wrote:Christy may already be preparing herself for the "lets get her !! " scenario....rumour has it that Christy will not participate in any all party debates or town hall meetings. and Liberal candidates have been told to not participate in debates or town hall meetings because Christy and crew don't want to get backed into a corner with tough questions or accusations....
I really hope that rumour is completely untrue, we'll know within a few weeks. I think avoiding debates and town hall meetings would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

I could see this being a strategy if you were going up against a political party that had some brains, but this is the NDP we are talking about. They could back a brain-injured mouse into a corner. No reason to be afraid of them, or their union brass candidates.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The developer’s parent company, Arizona-based RPMG holdings is a big campaign contributor to both the B.C. Liberals and Vision Vancouver.

http://www.cknw.com/2017/03/30/develope ... f=facebook

more corruption from bclibs .
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I would take the NDP and unions of working class people any day
Over the dead corporate donors of the Lieberals.

But there must be donation reform.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:more corruption from bclibs .

Isn't Gregor "Bike shorts" Robertson a big NDP supporter? So isn't he also corrupt in this case???
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:The developer’s parent company, Arizona-based RPMG holdings is a big campaign contributor to both the B.C. Liberals and Vision Vancouver.

more corruption from bclibs .
I'm all for reforming our political fundraising rules but here's a question for you. The BCTF is currently running any-BC Liberal ads with the hope that the union will benefit from the election of an NDP government. Is that "corruption" in your book and if not why not?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:I would take the NDP and unions of working class people any day

But why? They did a crappy job last time. What will they do differently this time? Could you elaborate instead of just babbling on about the "Lieberals". That isn't good enough.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”